TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re TPR
#1 Parent yu2fa3 - 2014-12-06
Re TPR

There is no use for forcing everybody into early childhood education and make them victims of ESL lessons at dodgy "schools" and training centres by dancing in a muppert show, or interact otherwise by making faces or being subjected to useless drills. By drilling and training kids to act as a language parrot is the worst thing one can do to young innocent, creative minds,

Turnoi, this TPR type teaching has been going on since man was just learning to speak and it does work very well. The thing is dear boy is that whereas we are related to parrots we are pretty far removed from these birds. However we are animals and very closely related to monkeys and especially apes; and performance and drills is just what's needed to get through to these creative young minds.

Now I saw Beth in the video. You couldn't do it because of your accent to start with. Also because you don't know enough English. I couldn't do it because I don't have her skills to teach youngsters. And I wouldn't want to do it too much. With respect dear boy, you should pedagogy off and leave natural English speakers to argue about teaching methods and stuff.

Return to Index › Re TPR

Go to another board -