TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › TPR
#1 Parent Sludge - 2014-12-14
Re TPR

And how strange of you to equate a lazy teacher with someone who does not like kids.

I suppose you think that it was ok that a so called british "friend" (frenemy would be a better description now!) thought it was ok to ask me to dress up as santa claus for free on christmas day for his training centre, despite it being the first time we met in person?! Is it any wonder "laowai" keep to themselves in China. [edited]

#2 Parent Sludge - 2014-12-08
Re TPR

Thanks pete. Whenever I get an advert with some TPR school it gets deleted from my email inbox right away. I've tried teaching kids, and am just not cut out for it and did not like it.

#3 Parent Somebody - 2014-12-07
Re TPR

Jeez, another sock-puppet account. San Migs/Concerned Teacher/Sludge, I presume.

Can't you guys even have enough creativity to make it seem like a real person?

#4 Parent Beth - 2014-12-07
Re TPR

Nothing is wrong with that, when did I say it was?

Just because you can 'heft furniture up and down stairs' does hot mean your approach to teaching is not lazy! What a ridiculous comparison to make!

#5 Parent Beth - 2014-12-07
Re TPR

TPR has been used for over 40 years... Hardly new age and older in fact than the PPTs you say you use!

And aren't you tired of coming up with different aliases yet?

"Sludge and Turnoi are the real teachers" no, they're really not!

#6 Parent yu2fa3 - 2014-12-07
Re TPR

Well said Sludge! I also consider myself to be a "walk and chalk and talk" type of bloke, yes indeed, on top of the usual teaching stuff ,show a few ppt's sometimes, do a few role plays, show a couple of videos, that's the way!

This new-age airy-fairy TPR nonsense is for the birds imho! Yourself and that Turnoi bloke are real teachers, as for some of the others, bit of a worry!

Hang on a sec, I know Sludge has been consistent about his chalk, but Turnoi is very much into whiteboards.It wasn't so long ago that he was wanting to chuck blackboards in the skip along with his "deechers" hahaha. We must ask him if he's had a revelation!?

I like the blackboards. I used to lecture, sometimes twice a day, 6 days a week-a new topic every time. I don't use PowerPoints or computers, so the blackboard was the thing. Lots of fun too. I did one called 'Births deaths and marriages' The coffin had been made too small for granddad, so I drew it with cut-outs for his head and feet so Granddads 'members' could 'protrude.' 'Obviating' the need for further expenditure during this sad time. Lots of new words but I always insisted on sentences from the students incorporating those. Mind you that particular topic lasted 3 hours at an hour a lesson. The thing is you can keep rubbing out and changing things with chalk- what a mess with the pen! The school worked hard they produced posters for every lecture. Here's one I did for 'How to build an igloo'

#7 Parent Peter Sedgwick - 2014-12-07
Re TPR

Well said Sludge! I also consider myself to be a "walk and chalk and talk" type of bloke, yes indeed, on top of the usual teaching stuff ,show a few ppt's sometimes, do a few role plays, show a couple of videos, that's the way!

This new-age airy-fairy TPR nonsense is for the birds imho! Yourself and that Turnoi bloke are real teachers, as for some of the others, bit of a worry!

#8 Parent Sludge - 2014-12-07
Re TPR

Yes, I knew you would play the laziness card. I was ripping out apartment interiors and hefting furniture up and down stairs while you were still in something called college. Now we can play nice, or we can start trading insults again. I suggest the former.If not wanting to teach kids makes me lazy in your eyes, then I really do wonder what you think at times. I like to teach high school and upwards, and what is wrong with that exactly?

#9 Parent Beth - 2014-12-06
Re TPR

The physical effort?! The physical effort of the students standing up and doing a linked action would tire and bore you?! Another example of your laziness as a teacher.

#10 Parent Sludge - 2014-12-06
Re TPR

To be honest, it is the physical effort that would bore and tire me.

I am more of a chalk and talk teacher, or a .ppt guy or showing the odd video clip. Teaching kids is not for me, but maybe for others. Each to their own eh?

Beth - 2014-12-05
TPR

We're all well aware that the unenlightened on the forum believe TPR to be a scam, that those who use it are dancing monkeys... That it is an activity with no merit and no decent teacher would advocate the use of it...

I was browsing the site and came across this post

http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/column/index.pl?read=1465

I was just wondering if the author of this post is also to be considered as a 'dancing monkey in a muppet show' for advocating the use of TPR?

Return to Index › TPR

Go to another board -