TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re TPR
#1 Parent Beth - 2014-12-07
Re TPR

You see, the success of one's students is the success of their teacher.
I agree completely... Which is why I know I am good at my job when I see my students successfully pass exams and go on to follow their dreams as a result. I have one student who has just been admitted to a university in the USA, which she wouldn't have been had I not spent two years teaching her Englih and guiding her through her FCE exam. Another who has just started at a university in the UK after I got her through her CAE last year. Or how about a student of mine from China who emailed me recently to thank me for helping her to believe in herself as she has just accepted a job working as a translator for the UN? Or an adult student I tutored who passed her IELTS at the level which allowed her entry to NZ to accept a promotion within her company. Or the adults I have at the moment who are on track to pass their B1 which they need in order to keep their jobs now new rules dictate that a B1 certification is a requirement of their role.

They are the reason I spend my free time developing my skillset, they are the reason I spend my day off forward planning classes and creating individual needs assessments while your tourist-teacher chums are skedaddling out of the office before the ink is dry on their one size fits all lesson plan to throw cheap beer down their necks.

Don't you dare lecture me on what makes a good and successful teacher, not while you defend the lazy actions of your sycophantic followers to feed your own narcissism, at the clear expense of the students in their care. No, if you were really the paragon of education that you'd have us believe, you would never defend them. The simple truth is that you are far more concerned with having your ego stroked on here by people who know no better. Those of us with actual qualifications and passion for their profession see through you and your pontificating as if you were made of glass.

There is no tot for tat, I find you and your betrayal towards a profession I love, simply to ensure your chums continue to fawn over you, to be absolutely disgraceful.

Return to Index › Re TPR

Go to another board -