TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re TPR
#1 Parent Beth - 2014-12-09
Re TPR

Everything I said was true, and if the posts hadn't been 'lost' I would provide links to them all.

Regular readers of the board know what I have said is true, no amount of you 3 hiding under different aliases will change that, 'Steven'!

#2 Parent Steven Forsyth - 2014-12-09
Re TPR

Once again, you sound like the politician whose fortunes are fading. You evaded the question, similar to a desperate politicians tactic.

Silverboy has stated more than once that he designs his lessons plans according to the needs of his individual students and different classes. For you to say that he just uses the same lesson plans over and over is wrong, and an untruth. You have no evidence to prove this. I also doubt you have any evidence in regard to your anagram statement either. An experienced teacher with a degree in linguistics and also one in fashion would not make a mistake of saying anagrams are a form of grammar.

Another untruth you have told is that Silverboy advocates it is ok for a teacher to sleep with students. I have never seen any evidence to prove this. He has said it is ok for teachers and students to have sexual relationships, but that teachers should not sleep with their own students. He was very clear in regard to that. Also, he stated that it is better for an FT to look for a student GF from a university other than their own, or to wait till one of their own students graduates.

In regard to prostitution, basically none of your business. What a teacher does in their spare time should be of no concern to you, unless it affects their teaching. I hardly think FT's using prostitutes sometimes will have any effect on their teaching ability.

As for your assertion about SB "teaching for a visa" , you would not know, and once again, you don't even know where he is or if he is still teaching.

If someone wants to protect their financial assets from greedy Chinese women, I see no problem with that. To me, that is smart. I would do the same thing. Strange you would see that as being a fault.

I think posters on here are just jealous of Turnoi and Silverboy. They have money, the other posters don't. Silverboy was a model and a stylist, another reason for jealosy imo. SB was a star teacher at leading universities in Guangxi and Hubei, you were not. He was much loved by students and is famous in ESL. The cultural sensitivity he shows is truly outstanding.

I put it to you that what you have written about SB and also SM is slander, it is a form of defamation, and if we were back in England I am sure you would be sued.

SB in particular ha been a great warrior for his cause. He has damaged the businesses of corrupt Chinese businessman, they have lost money, teachers and also students because of him. And what do we get from the likes of you? Not even a THANK YOU! Talk about ungrateful!

You should thing twice before slandering these great men of ESL. Once again, outstanding statesmen of ESL, they are an inspiration to others.

#3 Parent yu2fa3 - 2014-12-08
Re: Re TPR

Semen, maybe (instead of seaman)???

"Mum's gorn down to meet the shrimp boats but dad's come home with crabs"

In all fairness to Sludge he could have been referring to 'seamen stains' i expect he knows that a couple of our posters are so highly sexed it could be a question of 'any port in a storm'

I read an article along the lines that these very macho blokes who always need sex with women are prone to beefing some bloke occasionally if a woman is not available. They can't help themselves, it's the sex drive. A bloke who doesn't live for sex never has homosexual experiences. Sludge seems one of the latter- no seaman stains on his sheets I'll warrant. Nowt wrong with proper homosexuals I should add.

#4 Parent Fifi - 2014-12-08
Re: Re TPR

Semen, maybe (instead of seaman)???

#5 Parent Sludge - 2014-12-08
Re TPR

Was this the same teacher who left seaman stains all over the bedsheets that I ordered O*** O* to chuck out of the apartment in Zhongshan and buy new ones?

#6 Parent yu2fa3 - 2014-12-08
Re TPR

And no Beth, it ain't Turnoi. I know this person well and he is a personal friend. I take offence at your attempts to muddy his name and reputation on here.

Well there's only one other poster as nifty with Chinese as Turnoi and that's Silverboy hahahaha!
#7 Parent Beth - 2014-12-08
Re TPR

You take issue with point 4, do you?

And you're not talking about Turnoi, so you're talking about either San Migs or Silverboy as they are the only other two I mentioned.

So, let's see whose 'good name' you think I'm muddying...

Silverboy: Asks for tips on prices and services offered of Vietnamese prostitutes and believes all Chinese women are after his money. Spent several years maintaining that it was OK for a teacher to have sexual relationships with their students. Believes his students only require 2 oral English exams per academic year, compiled and administered by himself to judge their level of English. Has agreed that writing one lesson plan for 16 classes is acceptable, and that spending as little time planning as possible is acceptable. Perhaps because all he teaches is conversational English to students, with maybe a little grammar "like anagrams" thrown in. His reason for teaching is to keep his visa current so he can continue taking advantage of the ready availability of Asian prostitutes.

San Migs: Banned from the board for his extreme misogynistic views. Has said that doing as little as possible for his students is all they deserve and that they should be seen and not heard. That he only likes teaching female students and he likes to groom them for their numbers so he can start sexual relationships with them. He shows videos just to start a discussion (pure timewasting tactic), thereby cheating his students out of time they could be using to actually learn something. Said he writes one lesson plan to cover multiple classes, not to be efficient but to maximise his own free time (" why should I be stuck in an office writing lesson plans when I could be out drinking cheap beer?") and has also said that turning up to teach whilst still drunk or very hungover is acceptable so long as you have breath mints.

No, I don't need to muddy their names, they do a good enough job all by themselves! Also how can you claim either of these people to have 'impeccable morals and character'? Unless you are using Turnoi's dictionary or alternative definitions?!

And the only 'agenda' I have is that I want to offer balance to the board, I'm tired of Turnoi's troll troupe dominating the board with thier unhelpful and ignorant rhetoric. Their discussions about services offered by different prostitutes and their lackadaisical attitude towards teaching and caring more about getting in to their students pants than they do about their education.

I'm tired of them talking about areas of teaching that they have absolutely no experience of or knowledge about as if they were some kind of authority on the subject.

So no, no agenda... I will continue to post consistently about the topics I know they are denigrating unduly. I will continue to post consistently the knowledge I have regarding ESL teaching. I have always said the same thing when it comes to my experience, qualifications and methodological approaches to both teaching and continued professional development. I am not the one whose experience and degree and current whereabouts changes depending on the current thread!

#8 Parent Steven Forsyth - 2014-12-08
Re TPR

I take issue with point No 4. I have noticed a certain poster on here ( whom you despise ) who is famous in Chinese ESL has said exactly that on numerous occasions: He designs his lesson plans in order to cater for the individual needs of his different classes and students. However you think he is a fool and an idiot, he makes you look like a hypocrite now.

The poster in question is a man of impeccable morals and character, but you castigated him as being a "fraud". He is considered to be an elder statesman of ESL, and was a leading star teacher at universities in Guangxi province. He is also loved by students in three different provinces, thanks to his fluency in Chinese and his previous work experience.

And no Beth, it ain't Turnoi. I know this person well and he is a personal friend. I take offence at your attempts to muddy his name and reputation on here.

You sound like a politician who is fading in popularity when you post on here. You try to distort the truth to suit your own wicked agenda. Shame on you!

#9 Parent Beth - 2014-12-07
Re TPR

What utter, utter nonsense!

1: Cambridge ESOL is taught in state schools. The KET, PET and FCE exams have a specific 'for schools' curriculum that I not only prepare students for, but that I am also an examiner of. Look up FCE for schools before you make yourself look more stupid.

2: Yes I teach IELTS students. For the last time although I specialize in YL classes, I also teach adults. Something that has been said repeatedly and that you ignore repeatedly.

3: I don't teach kindergarten, I teach young learners which is primary and upwards. The fact you don't know the difference is yet further proof you have no right commenting on this area of teaching as you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

4: I take more time than them to prepare lessons because I plan each lesson based on the individual needs of each class, not write one lesson plan to cover multiple classes. The fact you have now stooped to implying that they are better teachers because they spend less time planning has just lost you any shred of credibility you had!

You have been shown repeatedly to be out of your depth. Give it up.

Return to Index › Re TPR

Go to another board -