TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re An opportunity worth seizing...
#1 Parent Sludge - 2014-12-19
Re An opportunity worth seizing...

Women already have that,by and large.

Feminism swings the pendulum a tad too far, but that is just my opinion. Women can argue the toss about equal rights, but when it comes to chucking a spider out of the house, or moving and installing a fridge, they want the strong arm of a man, and a mans shoulder to cry on.

#2 Parent Beth - 2014-12-18

You find the desire for equal pay, treatment and rights 'bizarre'?!

#3 Parent Sludge - 2014-12-18

No worries, I just find the whole feminist thing rather bizarre.

#4 Parent Beth - 2014-12-17

I coveredd the 'choice' aspect quite in depth. They really don't do it by choice, they do it because there is little other option for them, especially if they were forced in to it when they were younger and now have no education or job prospects.

And not being blind to the degradation and humiliation of renting yourself out to men you wouldn't look twice at if you had the choice does not make me a feminist. Just because an issue involves women, does not automatically make it a feminist issue!! You really need to look up what a feminist actually is!

#5 Parent Sludge - 2014-12-17

I personally did not mind the vietnamese prostitutes bit. Feminists whine and cry about womens rights, but they don't stop to think that a lot of women do it out of choice. But I don't want to get into the whole debate about prostitution with those kinds of women on here.

No worries, and merry xmas.

Return to Index › Re An opportunity worth seizing...

Go to another board -