TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re An opportunity worth seizing...
#1 Parent Robert - 2014-12-20
Re An opportunity worth seizing...

Intimidation works well for you then, your girlfriend seems to know better, than to ask for something from you, or she will get dumped.
Does she also know the choice of word or words, you use, to describe women, who have an " entitlement mentality"? I don't believe so.

If she did, she would dump you.l o l

You and SB, must related somehow or were separated at birth, you both have the same views on women.

#2 Parent Sludge - 2014-12-20

I do believe the previous posting was about an item of jewellery, not a handbag. Nice try at deflecting from the chinese females true nature!!!

#3 Parent John O'Shei - 2014-12-20

There is indeed a strong entitlement mentality amongst many of the newbie English teachers. However, they will get a chance to adapt to the local culture or grow up a bit etc.

However, whether you like it or not, an entitlement mentality exists amongst the shittier women of the world and it isn't unique to China by any means. These women have no excuse for being silly little slutwhores as their parents obviously should have brought them up to be better than that.

I actually value myself and do indeed feel entitled to have a decent girlfriend. If my girlfriend asked demanded a handbag like that, she'd get dumped instantly. Then again, she's perfectly capable of buying her own and doesn't trust my taste in fashion, hence she spends her own money and indeed gets her own.

#4 Parent Somebody - 2014-12-19

2) Sadly, I received another e-mail two days ago from a 24 y/o former Chinese student of mine I used to like: She sent me a picture of a 4000 rmb handbag. "I like this bag but I can't afford it". "I like nice things that I can't afford". Well, what is the point of telling someone? If you want "nice things" you know what to do! I have lost respect for her now.

Two days ago?

Didn't you mention this incident over a month ago?

Frankly, I have encountered nothing like this entitlement mentality you describe. And I've been here almost four years.

I have however found a very strong entitlement mentality among the English teachers here.

And you're going to reply GW this, wumao that... blah, blah, blah...

Return to Index › Re An opportunity worth seizing...

Go to another board -