TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Teaching in China, Chinese women.
#1 Parent Somebody - 2014-12-21
Re Teaching in China, Chinese women.

Turnoi, you and your cronies are the only ones so focused on money.

Yes. Turnoi hasn't left.

One wonders why the website agreed to erase all his posts, something that's surely not in its interest.

Perhaps the site's interests and Turnoi's converge in ways that haven't come to light yet.

#2 Parent Beth - 2014-12-21

I earn enough to live comfortably, enjoy my free time, travel to the UK when I like and still save. Aside from this, my job provides health and dental insurance and a pension. Oh, and I get to do a job I love. Sure, I could earn more doing something different, but then I'd prefer to spend my life doing a job I love. Money isn't the be all and end all for all of us.

Turnoi, you and your cronies are the only ones so focused on money. I didn't get in to teaching to become a millionaire. I became a teacher because I love teaching .

With you lot it's always about money!

First the school is a greedy parasite only concerned with 'filthy' money and yet with the next breath you're complaining about the low salaries given to teachers! The education of the students is a very distant runner up to you.

#3 Parent Royal Treasury - 2014-12-21

Indeed, it does. Spain is one of those countries with the lowest salaries for teachers in public eduiation. In private language education, they aren't much higher and in fact tend to be lower than in public education because a company (and not really a school) will always look out to minmize its expenses. They will certainly do their best to save money on teacher salaries as well. If you generate a salary of some 2000 Euros a month or less than that by working for such school, you are not too well off anyway. That's peanuts for a real academic with a degree who must pay off student loans and the like. Saying that you must do everything for your students and being paid peanuts at rhe very same time is only what a masochist would say.

Teaching in Spain doesn't pay well; it evidently does in other places in public education only - including job and financial security.

You keep trotting this line out like you are unique, you may well be a great teacher, but there is no need to keep defending your chosen career.It just makes you look insecure.
#4 Parent Beth - 2014-12-15

How does saying that I love teaching make me look insecure?!!

#5 Parent Sludge - 2014-12-15

I teach because I love teaching

As did I.You keep trotting this line out like you are unique, you may well be a great teacher, but there is no need to keep defending your chosen career.It just makes you look insecure.

#6 Parent Beth - 2014-12-14

Again it's about money with you! Not personal achievement. You bitch about schools whose only concern is profits and yet money seems to be the biggest factor in any opinion you hold! I don't teach for the money, I never have. I teach because I love teaching, because I am an educator. The minimal increase in salary I get for heading YL studies was not why I took the role, I took it because my experience can help other teachers and in turn their students. My knowledge and experience of YL exams is helpful to other teachers and in turn their students. I teach because it's my vocation, not because it's easy and allows me a visa so I can persue impressionable Chinese women (and when they fail to be impressed, rent one).

Being a DOS does not automatically equal low moral standards or a lack of principles.

And considering you have started threads on here asking for tips on services offered by prostitutes, claiming that you have high moral standards is a bit rich!

Return to Index › Re Teaching in China, Chinese women.

Go to another board -