TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Teaching in China, Chinese women.
#1 Parent John O'Shei - 2014-12-28
Re Teaching in China, Chinese women.

They don't fawn to foreigners any more? That's a good thing.

They try too hard to promote themselves by criticizing foreigners (i.e the recent Christmas banning episode in Xi'an or criticism of iPhone 6 owners) - not such a good thing.

I like to earn respect for more than just being white... I don't need to anybody to give me free booze in a club and I prefer women to love me for more than my wallet or big nose.

#2 Parent Dorking Demonologist - 2014-12-28
Re Teaching in China, Chinese women.

The problem is Chinese guys do get very jealous. The days of fawning to the foreigner are well and truly over, as we have seen with the visa crackdowns,I have a genuine degree and no criminal record and cannot get any kind of visa for love nor money. Only something called a "team" visa, whatever that is, or return to the UK and start the process from there, which is expensive, impractical and troublesome.Qualified FT's (those with real degrees!) will simply leave to places where it is easy to get a work visa and renumeration to pay off student loans with less hassle, that is, far less hassle than all the hoops China makes you jump through. Just my ten cents....happy new year.

Return to Index › Re Teaching in China, Chinese women.

Go to another board -