TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Have you ever had any honest employer in Mainland China
#1 Parent A Song For Billy - 2015-01-06
Re Have you ever had any honest employer in Mainland China

Answer to question of the heading: no. First one i worked at was a semi "big name" and everything they told me about the job before getting there was a lie. After that a city school and the FAO stole my settlement allowance among other. I consider that country a dark, twisted land and now I understand why there was some underlying disrespect always from the people there. They badly want to get out and wondering why, why would anyone want to get in? Never go back there.

Anonymous - 2015-01-05
Have you ever had any honest employer in Mainland China

Seems that most if not all of the big names have awful reputations of not sticking to the contract that they wrote. Or in some cases sticking to it only when it suits them. For e.g. trying to load the teacher with ever more lessons above the number of classes stated by the contract (usually with some BS excuse like "teacher X is sick, he must go back to home country, can you cover his class for the next 3 months?" LOL if it was one time yeah, but 3 months seriously?) and refusing to even mention renegotiating the salary, because yes if I teach more classes than what we agreed upon on an extended period of time I expect more money, how is this abnormal?

Return to Index › Have you ever had any honest employer in Mainland China

Go to another board -