TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Discrimination and prejudice
#1 Parent Cynthia - 2004-05-18
Re: Discrimination and prejudice

yeah...it seems money always rules in the end.
even if some get hurt in the process.

#2 Parent Seldom - 2004-05-18

it's all about "green." $$$
maybe martians have a better chance than some earthly folks of various shades.
(^_^)

#3 Parent Robin Day - 2004-05-18

Oops! My China note got posted out of sequence. It was a reply to Jose Lee.

#4 Parent Michael Joseph Beauchot - 2004-05-17

I agree with you Robin, but want to add one thing afte two years in the PRC - the Chinese government would run a lot easier - if they accepted help from their people :)

#5 Parent Robin Day - 2004-05-17

Thanks Jose Li.
I am always surprised by the fresh perspective from people INSIDE China. Surely the Chinese people know they are NOW part and parcel of world capitalism (since Deng Zhou Peng). I am in my fourties and I have learned two things about commerce: Money is not just about buying things, materialism. It's greatest use is that it buys freedom, especially freedom of choices and that most wonderful thing... Freedom To Do Nothing, a life of contemplation so valued by Oscar Wilde. When we don't have money we have to find freedon in meditation or mind and sensory control. Several religions and sects teach this, even coaches and artists. Some advice for you as you seem to be in a bit of anguish....Don't concern yourself with the higher political powers. It can be pointless for a little person, a grain of sand angry at the pounding sea. Make life better for yourself and the planet and share what you can with others. All wealth (money home knowledge art sunset) is to be shared. I take my neighbours out for supper almost every year when I visit Canada. My relatives don't live near me but my neighbours do. We are all family.

Start the Foreign Club anyway. It need not be political. It could be about sharing.

Have some pity for the government of China too. They are doing a pretty good job considering the huge and complex task they have. I would be overwhelmed, wouldn't you? Governing China? It makes my head spin just thinking of it. I gotta sit down!

Return to Index › Re: Discrimination and prejudice

Go to another board -