TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Questions about ESL
#1 Parent Sammy - 2004-05-20
Re: Questions about ESL

Try China. You could legally obtain a teaching/working visa there without the BA. The main Korea newpapers reports around 1000 Korean and foreigners, including english teachers all booked by Korean gov. agents for drug use, alcohol abuse, working without a valid visa, forged docs, etc.. this is an undercover operation that began 4 months ago mainly to catch the drug users (marijuana users). there is also reports of several schools raided in Seoul, Daegu and Busan for hiring teachers with no working visas, drug offenders, abusive to children and staff in their previous jobs.
Hope this help.

Rachael - 2004-05-20
Questions about ESL

I just finished my first year of college and I've been thinking that when I'm all finished, I'd love to go to some other countries and teach English. I'm doing a dual major right now of TESOL and Spanish. In general, will I be able to get jobs with just a degree, or do I need experience here (United States) first? Any comments from people who have been teaching ESL would be helpful- would you recommend it? What's enjoyable/not enjoyable about the job, etc...Thanks for the advice!!!

Return to Index › Questions about ESL

Go to another board -