TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re. Buckland Group
#1 Parent David Kidd - 2004-07-19
Re: Re. Buckland Group

Hi

I taught in China two years ago through Buckland. I too thought I was going to teach in Guangxi province. When I arrived i spent three days at the offices in Yangshuo waiting for what I thought would be a school in that province. Well come Friday I was told that I was being sent to a school in Zhuzhuo in Hunan province. This place was like Pitsburgh, factories and railway yards everywhere. I was dumped in Shitsville where I spent five months. When I had problems with the school Owen Buckland said he would sort it out which he never did. Do yourself a favour and contact schools directly so you know what you are letting yourself in for. Ask to speak to current and former teachers. Even though the place was shit I made some great friends. Definetly go to China, but make sure you do tons of research on the school, area etc. Good luck!!

> Michell,
> As to the agency, Buckland gruop, I have a little knowledge of them.
> I do not think the agency means much to you. A good salary and
> welfare programme is virtually important to you.

> Guang Xi or jiang xi is nice, the former is better. but make sure you
> are asked to work in big cities, like Gui Ling, Nan Chang.

#2 Parent Jose Lee - 2004-05-27
Re: Re. Buckland Group

Michell,
As to the agency, Buckland gruop, I have a little knowledge of them.
I do not think the agency means much to you. A good salary and welfare programme is virtually important to you.

Guang Xi or jiang xi is nice, the former is better. but make sure you are asked to work in big cities, like Gui Ling, Nan Chang.

Michelle Spilsbury - 2004-05-26
Re. Buckland Group

I have been offered a 5 month teaching contract with the Buckland Group in either Guangxi or Jiangxi, has anyone knowledge of this company and/or the area? Also, any opinions on whether or not the rabies jab is essential?

Return to Index › Re. Buckland Group

Go to another board -