TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Post-CELTA teaching position Singapore
Hwee Ng - 2004-05-27

Hi Diana

Ok, here's my 2 cents worth. I'm also teaching English to foreigners at a private business college here in Singapore and am a local citizen. What you need is an EP or Employment Pass to be able to work in SIngapore and most private colleges would expect you to have that already before commencing work here. Alternatively, you can try negotiating with your employers at the school. There are some openings every now and then in the papers, specifically looking to hire native-english speakers. But as you're aware of, such jobs are limited as almost everyone is at least bilingual here, with English as their first language at school. As for the working life here, I think you will enjoy it here. It's rated as one of the safest and cleanest countries on this planet and moreover, food and shopping is excellent as well! Working hours are flexible, depending on whether you're looking for a full or part-time job. Hourly rates can range from anything between Sin $30-$100 an hour! (The higher paying jobs are those larger private institutions here). Well, hope that hopes a little!

hwee

Messages In This Thread
Re: Post-CELTA teaching position Singapore -- Hwee Ng -- 2004-05-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Post-CELTA teaching position Singapore

Go to another board -