TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Ideas for Russian speaking students learning English in middle school.
lori - 2004-05-30

Hi Budda, Thanks for the great advice with the Russian student. I was not able to read your response until now, but she was able to get a tutor within the classroom twice a week and that was the key. She enjoyed the computer tremendously and their were plenty of programs to keep her happy and busy also. She will be attending summer school soon with me and we will see how it goes. She relies on phrase dictionaries which is helpful for her and it shows she in engaged. I was able to get her to write a letter about her dog just before school started and we did match her up with a another student from Russia! We did show videos within the classroom and she did seem enthralled with the movies. Her parents want her to repeat the 6th grade over again, so she won't suffer? She is very hard working and intelligent and I know she will speaking English soon.

Any ideas on Marshallese? We have a boy from the Marshall Islands and he refuses to work with his tutor?

Messages In This Thread
Ideas for Russian speaking students learning English in middle school. -- lori -- 2004-04-07
Re: Ideas for Russian speaking students learning English in middle school. -- Robin Day -- 2004-04-08
Re: Ideas for Russian speaking students learning English in middle school. -- Budda -- 2004-04-08
Re: Ideas for Russian speaking students learning English in middle school. -- lori -- 2004-05-30
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Ideas for Russian speaking students learning English in middle school.

Go to another board -