TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Beware of ESL Asia (II)
Patricia - 2004-06-01

This is the second Beware against ESL Asia this month. The first was from Barry May 14th with subject Beware. I don't know Barry, and I am writing about my own bad experiences with that company. ESL Asia also goes by the names of ESL China, ESL Indonesia, ESL Nippon, ESL Thailand.

Back in April I searched the web sites to find a job in Japan. I am living in Thailand presently. One recruitment company called ESL Asia sent me an email back saying that they thought I was perfect for their job. After further discussions with them, they replied that they could offer me a position at a school in Japan. I needed to send them my original diploma, and later they asked me to send them a visa processing fee. After sending them the visa processing fee (3200B or about 10,000yen) I waited about a month and a half. After multiple attempts at contacting them (the phone is rarely connected to a person) they sent me back an email replying that they were sorry the school said that they found anther teacher. Two weeks later after another series of contact attempts they finally sent back my diploma in a crumpled, wrinkled manila envelope. I sent them 4 emails and left two voice messages inquiring about them returning my money. Never a mention. Further attempts at contact have not been returned.

Following this I looked through the internet. Other people also mentioned that this company was probably a scam. One person was a promised a job in Indonesia, but when contacting the school directly, the school did not know about the job promised and they were not even hiring. (check out English School Watch- subject ESL Asia Fraud yourself). On my own search through the internet, the school that was going to hire me The Center for International Language Studies does not seem to exist.

Their company's specifics: "ESL Asia" <eslasia@ji-net.com>, eslthai@lycos.com, jobsjapan@cwazy.co.uk, workinasia3@yahoo.com, eslasia4@lycos.com

>David Smith or Paul Adler. ESL Asia. MBE suit # 120 . 99 Ratchadapisek Road (New Thapra) Bookkaloe, Thonburi, Bangkok Thailand 10600
>Web : http://www.ESLAsia.0catch.com Phone : (66) 06-540-5021

Messages In This Thread
Beware of ESL Asia (II) -- Patricia -- 2004-06-01
Re: Beware of ESL Asia (II) -- Old Hippy -- 2004-07-06
Re: Beware of ESL Asia (II) -- steve -- 2004-06-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Beware of ESL Asia (II)

Go to another board -