TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Recruiters, a teachers view
#1 Parent Robert - 2004-06-02
Re: Recruiters, a teachers view

Thanks for the comments. I realise that complaints get aired more than compliments, but by looking at the complaints, you can learn what not to do, thereby making yourself better.

#2 Parent Michael Joseph Beauchot - 2004-06-02

First of all, MOST recruiters are very good. I have had many more positive experiences with recruiters than negative ones.

Second, just keep providing what you have been providing.

Third, don't take what is written in here as too much of a reflection - it is a sometimes sad and almost always true part of human nature that complaints will out number compliments in such a forum.

#3 Parent Thomas Stearns - 2004-06-02

Happy to comment!

Personally I would love to work with a recruiter who tells the truth. Keep the teacher informed about difficulties and delays in negotiation. Be upfront and forthright.

I would really like to work with a recruiter who considers the possible problems with the contract,housing,pay etc... before presenting me with a contract and inviting me to sign.

For example, if the teacher asks you for a position that includes housing-would you present that teacher with a contract that does not include housing (been there, seen that)

I am very happy you asked this question. If teachers,recruiters,staff,parents,students work together and communicate-we will truly be in the best profession!

Thomas
Qingdao,China

Worldwide Education Services Co Ltd - 2004-06-02
Recruiters, a teachers view

Dear teachers or would be teachers,

Having read many not too nice things about recruiters, and being a recruiter in Thailand, would it be possible for you to tell me what you, as a teacher, would like from a recruiter.

Here is what we provide now:

A link between school and teacher before employment

We insist that any commissions paid to us are not clawed back from the teacher's salary

Many times, but not every, we ferry the teachers to and from the school, showing them the area, and helping them find suitable accommodation if needed. We give up our weekends on a regular basis to act as a free taxi service

We will, if the teacher requests, negotiate salary and conditions for them, but salary is a very personal thing, what the teacher earns has nothing to do with us as a recruiter, except to say, the higher the salary the easier it is to find a teacher.

If there are problems between the school and the teacher, we act as an unbiased intermediary to help solve the problem

When teachers are new to Thailand we will give as much help and advice as we can on teaching and living in Thailand

What else can we give to teachers? You tell me.

Return to Index › Recruiters, a teachers view

Go to another board -