TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Thailand, China -- any salaries over $1000 US per month?
#1 Parent Robert - 2004-06-04
Re: pay over $1,000

OK Tim,

As a recruiter i only deal with reputable schools and can only quote for the schools I deal with. All are private schools that supply an education to pupils from Kindergarden 2 up to grade 12 (pre school to pre university)
Schools that pay over $1,000 to my knowledge:

Sarasas Afiliated schools have a pay structure that starts at 33,000 baht ($868) but rises up to 60,000 baht ($1,579) with experienced teachers.

Udom Suksa School salary starts at roughly 35,000 baht ($921) and is negotiable after passing probation. Second year is much better pay, you are rewarded for loyalty.

St. Francis Xavier school starting salary at 40,000 baht ($1052) plus extra for experience.

There are other schools as well, but I'm a bit pushed for time.

As a suggestion read:
http://www.wwedu.net/TeachersWorldwide/TeachinginThailand.htm
It can help youdecide if you really want to come to Thailand.

If you want any more help email me

#2 Parent Tim - 2004-06-04
Re: pay over $1,000

Thank you Robert, there are several schools paying upwards of $1000US. Would you happen to know any of their names, or how to search for these types of schools on the net? I mean, are they regular day schools, high schools, or just institutes?
I'm surprised especially by your saying that a Thai teacher's salary is almost equivalent now with the exchange rate...
Thanks again.

#3 Parent Robert - 2004-06-02
pay over $1,000

Yes Tim, Thee are several schools paying over $1,000 per month in Thailand, and with your speciality, ther should be no problem in your getting a decent job.

By the way, $1,000 is now about 38,000 baht, not 45,000, big difference, about the same as a Thai teachers salary.

Tim - 2004-06-02
Thailand, China -- any salaries over $1000 US per month?

Hi everyone. Just curious if any of you teaching in China or Thailand, (or Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam or India for that matter), have heard of anyone making a salary upwards of $1000 US (in China 8000RMB or Thailand 4500Baht). Any suggestions would also be appreciated. Thanks. Tim
P.S. I have a B.Sc. plus a B.Ed. specializing in teaching math and science.

Return to Index › Thailand, China -- any salaries over $1000 US per month?

Go to another board -