#1 Parent Great Adventure - 2018-03-29
Another wonderful story

OMG!

#2 Parent Chinese wife or a luxury wristwatch, which is better? - 2018-03-29
Re: Promise to be Fair

Yes Turnoi, whatever you say.

#3 Parent Chinese wife or a luxury wristwatch, which is better? - 2018-03-29

Turnoi, I know you are a nice guy but please stop parroting other posters as it's becoming tedious, yawn!

#4 Parent Monk - 2018-03-29

That's all a matter of perspective. Stories about "adventures" in brothels and with hookers may be topics for ESL "teachers" who are former doormen or drug dealers. There are spheres and parts of society where such topics are regarded as subjects of interest for the uneducated and those without any brain. This applies to certain men and women equally.

"Yes, it was quite interesting to hear the wonderful stories from CL and Taffy and others, especially the colorful adventures of SB! He leads an interesting and fulfilling life, that's for sure! "

#5 Parent Karma - 2018-03-29

I suggest you open a brothel business with hookers. You could ask your Fifi buddy to become part of that business. Let's see what he/she says. Most important thing is: Don't talk about it, just do it! It will keep you busy and prevent you from posting about it on here.

"Life after teaching, yep, SB and others have much to say about that and we can learn and benefit from their wisdom".

#6 Parent Chinese wife or a luxury wristwatch, which is better? - 2018-03-29

Yes, it was quite interesting to hear the wonderful stories from CL and Taffy and others, especially the colorful adventures of SB! He leads an interesting and fulfilling life, that's for sure!

Even the hermit bookworm types like Turnoi have some good contributions on occasion.

Life after teaching, yep, SB and others have much to say about that and we can learn and benefit from their wisdom.

Let's hear from some posters. What are your plans after you finally leave Turnoi's "crappy world of ESL" ??

#7 Parent Hilly Billy - 2018-03-29

Not too wrong this time, Badger. The definition of what relates to teaching and the life of teachers and thus is topic-related to teaching is broader indeed and not only limited only to teaching theory, ESL jobs or working environment. It's ,probably much easier to follow a guideline that lists negatives of what is NOT related to teaching in this broader sense at all: topics like brothels, hookers, bitch fighting, and similar.

"You have missed something, Caring. A forum for ESL teachers abroad should have more in it then teaching, it should talk about what those teachers get up to, so one can compare their lives to our own, Posters on the forum who only mention teaching won't interest us for very long. Posters like SB and indeed, Turnoi and there was CL and foxy poster from hothot, all told us a little about what they were up to."

#8 Parent Hilly Billy - 2018-03-29

I agree. Let's see whether it works this time. I am really tired of all the bitch fighting on here and would rather be a part of the solution than the problem. However, I will also be ready to reply in like manner if anyone really asks for it. It's high time that the stupid bitch fighting and the board spamming with posts on brothels, hookers and similar comes to an end. Instead, it should be a quality board with quality posts made by quality posters. Teachers and teaching first; those who prefer to post on brothels, hookers or want to engage in bitch fighting should better go back to the creepy holes where they came from.

Peace,
H. B.

"I quite agree there's little about the field the board's advertising. So, why don't we make the effort to link the forums to teaching more than we have so far?"

#9 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29

You have missed something, Caring. A forum for ESL teachers abroad should have more in it then teaching, it should talk about what those teachers get up to, so one can compare their lives to our own, Posters on the forum who only mention teaching won't interest us for very long. Posters like SB and indeed, Turnoi and there was CL and foxy poster from hothot, all told us a little about what they were up to. This is what I am up to now:-

I need to disengage my exhaust pipe as it's in the way of the sump-pan which is bleeding oil and needs replacing. Trouble is the nuts&bolts are corroded. I have bought this mini-blowtorch to apply heat-treatment, hoping that they will release- Well, if somebody applied heat-treatment to your nuts even a stoic like SB would release whatever he may be holding at the time- trust me.

Now don't forget, you should be informing other teachers what they can expect from a life as an FT or a retired FT, whether it be a wife, prostitute, a restaurant in hothot or whatever.

#10 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

If you don't try, you'll never know. Some people on Earth have united after they've called each other names, so I think those folks are examples to follow. Pointing fingers at others, you really cannot accomplish anything now. In any case, I am cleaning my own door which I guess BeenThere is probably attempting as well; and, I am assuming other users are at least considering my suggestion too. So, bury the hatchet and get on the peaceful board, please!

A Reply to BeenThere:
It cannot work with people like you. You're a part of the problem and not its solution. Clean your own door first before pointing your finger at others.
#11 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

I quite agree there's little about the field the board's advertising. So, why don't we make the effort to link the forums to teaching more than we have so far?

A teachers board is expected to have contents on stuff related to teaching. Most of the posters here aren't teachers. Just look at the many posts unrelated to teaching, schools, and teachers.
#12 Parent Hilly Billy - 2018-03-29

It cannot work with people like you. You're a part of the problem and not its solution. Clean your own door first before pointing your finger at others.

BTW, I would not call someone "negroid"; and if that Arthur felt offended, then his chances in life are very limited indeed. There are things much worse and tragic than that. You complain about many different people in your post but you fail to see where your own contribution is in this.

"Arthur (who was called negroid by another poster who is himself married to a Chinese), tried to suggest that also; didn't work."

#13 Parent caring - 2018-03-29
Re Promise to be Fair

So, how do you say you will respect others? Are you going to "doubt" forever? Let us know, please!

With respect to your previous posts in other threads, I doubt that you can live up to that promise. But let's see...
#14 Parent Mum's Troll - 2018-03-29
Re Promise to be Fair

With respect to your previous posts in other threads, I doubt that you can live up to that promise. But let's see...

#15 Parent Mary Constantine - 2018-03-29

A teachers board is expected to have contents on stuff related to teaching. Most of the posters here aren't teachers. Just look at the many posts unrelated to teaching, schools, and teachers.

"The Brexiters keep brexiting against the Muslims, SB keeps silverboying against women and China, the alcoholic doctor keeps posting the same same same phrases, and keeps throwing the same insults at London Girl although she has not posted here for 2-3 years (I miss her so much). The only change I noticed: Some angry pro-trump/white supremacists tried to use this board to propagate their fake news but soon disappeared with all their posts".

#16 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29

Probably. Myself, I kinda tried something like that before; didn't work. Another poster, Arthur (who was called negroid by another poster who is himself married to a Chinese), tried to suggest that also; didn't work. Once in a while, the admins would delete a bunch of posts and everything remains quiet for a couple of weeks. But the same type of contents returns soon after: The Brexiters keep brexiting against the Muslims, SB keeps silverboying against women and China, the alcoholic doctor keeps posting the same same same phrases, and keeps throwing the same insults at London Girl although she has not posted here for 2-3 years (I miss her so much). The only change I noticed: Some angry pro-trump/white supremacists tried to use this board to propagate their fake news but soon disappeared with all their posts.

It's a good try, Caring. Might work. But truth is, when all the rage is periodically washed out by the mods, and only the nice topics remain, nobody posts. But let's see.

It could work, BeenThere, as long as you could produce your own posters, and that would be possible to do if you had a good few reliable writers. There would be no need for Turnoi, for SB, for LondonGirl, for Fifi, for Caring, for your good-self. All the posters could be in-house posters. Now that would be a forum owners' paradise.

Caring is always being unjustifiably(IMHO) criticised over his English.....but could he be a prototype robot poster? Do we know half of it?

#17 Parent BeenThere - 2018-03-29

Probably. Myself, I kinda tried something like that before; didn't work. Another poster, Arthur (who was called negroid by another poster who is himself married to a Chinese), tried to suggest that also; didn't work. Once in a while, the admins would delete a bunch of posts and everything remains quiet for a couple of weeks. But the same type of contents returns soon after: The Brexiters keep brexiting against the Muslims, SB keeps silverboying against women and China, the alcoholic doctor keeps posting the same same same phrases, and keeps throwing the same insults at London Girl although she has not posted here for 2-3 years (I miss her so much). The only change I noticed: Some angry pro-trump/white supremacists tried to use this board to propagate their fake news but soon disappeared with all their posts.

It's a good try, Caring. Might work. But truth is, when all the rage is periodically washed out by the mods, and only the nice topics remain, nobody posts. But let's see.

caring - 2018-03-29
Promise to be Fair

Assurances of objective participation with the attention to topics and with regard for each other may be the best way to improve the ailing board. So, let me lead by example without any preconditions. Am I going to be the only one here???

Return to Index › Promise to be Fair

Go to another board -