TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Digital Learning Needs
#1 Parent Sandy - 2018-03-29
Re Digital Learning Needs

Very true. Can't start something like this if you don't love it!

#2 Parent Concerned FT - 2018-03-29

I would like to encourage you to do that. However, expect a lot of work, time, energy and effort you will have to put in it, and don't expect that you will be repaid for the same within a short time. Consider it a "work of love" and wait and see what the outcome will be.

The more I think about it, the more interested I've become in developing online materials for classroom or self-study use. It seems there is still a need for quality online materials out there.
#3 Parent Sandy - 2018-03-29

Thanks! That's helpful! The more I think about it, the more interested I've become in developing online materials for classroom or self-study use. It seems there is still a need for quality online materials out there.

#4 Parent Concerned FT - 2018-03-29

FYI, for online teaching, according to my own experience, you will need the following if you run your own school:

a, a high quality program of study designed to meet the needs of students preparing for an exam.

b. to develop the teaching and exam resources you will use (textbooks, activities, etc.) combined with multimedia-based and interactive contents and include syllabus, textbook and activity as well as exam files.

c. You will also need a qualified, dedicated and organized faculty to teach and help students who reply in time.

d. If your online school also offers certification, you will need to make sure that you are partnering with other decent recognized institutions (e.g., in tertiary education this is normally recognized accreditation) to give the credentials you issue the necessary credibility and legitimate status..

Our school actually has done online teaching as well as ordinary teaching with students physically present in class.

#5 Parent Sandy - 2018-03-29

Thank you! That is very helpful and reflects what I've already been thinking!

#6 Parent Little Big Horn - 2018-03-29

My replies are below the relevant portions of your text.

"Do you use e-learning with your learners?"
Yes. Either additionally in a class with students physically present or in an online extension program.

Do you believe that more digital learning opportunities would be beneficial to your learners?
Yes. To what extent depends on individual learner groups and the programs they are enrolled in.

If you believe more digital learning opportunities would be beneficial to your learners, should they be used as a supplement or as the foundation of a course?
Both options are possible. Again, it depends on individual learner groups, programs and the environment within which e-learning is conducted. For example, e-learning businesses in ESL cannot be really recommended at this time. They are poorly equipped, disorganized, unethical in their business conduct and run by unqualified idiots who know nothing about education.

Sandy - 2018-03-29
Digital Learning Needs

I've been teaching for nearly thirty years and the ESL field has changed so much! I am particularly interested in updating my teaching skills at the moment and have three questions about e-learning.

Do you use e-learning with your learners?

Do you believe that more digital learning opportunities would be beneficial to your learners?

If you believe more digital learning opportunities would be beneficial to your learners, should they be used as a supplement or as the foundation of a course?

I'd be interested in hearing your responses!

Return to Index › Digital Learning Needs

Go to another board -