TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › gotta get me one of these!
#1 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re gotta get me one of these!

This Oris Diver's Watch is very good:

#2 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

I gotta admit, that is a classy watch. BTW I've watched that TT race before ( on TV ) it's fucking crazy stuff!

#3 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Well, to tell you the truth, I'm not really a fan of Bremont.

Even Rolex I don't really like, but some of them are ok.

Omega is good, the Speedmaster is a great watch.

Oris is a nice watch ( the divers watches ) I wouldn't mind getting one of them.

Some people like the Swiss brands but I find a lot of Seiko's are better value for money and are more stylish and classy.

Thing is though, buying a cheap Seiko or Citizen is a waste of money.

Gotta spend 700-800 dollars to get the good stuff.

Being a cheap Charlie is false economy.

#4 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29

British watches have a touch of class these days. I mean to say, using the forum word of the moment, no-brainer- which would you rather be caught dead with ordering your degree down Khaosan rd, this or a Seiko?

http://www.esquire.co.uk/style/watches/a15332/bremont-norton-tt/

Taking part in the TT is an enormous honour for motorcycle manufacturers, with various race heats for different classes, from Superbikes to Sidecars. Famed British maker Norton Motorcycles rejoined the TT in 2012 with bikes specifically developed for the Isle of Man course. For the upcoming 2017 races (which takes place from May 27 through June 9) come two new road-ready evolutions: The limited edition V4 SS, a motorcycle with a polished aluminium frame, full carbon fiber bodywork and 1200cc engines designed and built in-house at England's Donington Hall, and the similar unlimited production version, the V4 RR.
"I'll tell you what, it's unlike anything else in the world," explains Giles English, co-founder of British watchmaker Bremont, which created two watches with Norton to commemorate the race. "Regular roads are just shut off, and there are no safety barriers put up. These motorcyclists go and race round—I think the average is 130 miles an hour for 17 minutes, going in and out of these country lanes with brick stone walls. It's like some old gladiatorial event. I arrived there last year on Friday, and it had been ongoing—still had a week, three days to go—and five people had already died. The mood isn't somber, these guys died what they loved doing, and they all carry on."

Silverboy - 2018-03-29
gotta get me one of these!

[] I gotta have one, magnificent Seiko Coutura Solar.

Return to Index › gotta get me one of these!

Go to another board -