TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › beautiful!
#1 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re: Re beautiful!

You could have a point there. A carpet may be ok for those men who rarely stay in their own apartment. Yes, the jet-setter types. If so, the carpet will not get so dirty, and he could have it cleaned every few months or so anyway.

I don't really like carpet though and it's not suitable for climates like like Pattaya, Queensland, Australia, or sunny California where Fifi lives. I know in these hot places we have air-con but like Fifi said this will spread the dirty micro-fibres all over the place. Tiles or timber floors for Queensland, Pattaya, California.

In England I can understand why carpet may still be the go though. Yes, as far as luxury watches go tiled floors can be a problem. Yep, the heavier the more likely to get scratched and cracked if dropped.

Heard the jade story before. Another rip-off in China. Jade is not rare, there are mountainsides of it in various locations in Asia. A jade bracelet is worth nothing remotely close to 60,000 dollars.

Chinese, stupid enough to pay a huge amount for something that has no value.

#2 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re beautiful!

Well, living in China is not good for health. Nasty food, weather, pollution, lot's of things. It's why I prefer to be close to the ocean and sea breeze.

I am currently have a 2014 Hyundai i20, but I can still use an old ( 2002 ) Toyota Hilux ute leftover from the former construction business. 158,000 km but still runs really well.

Great for picking up materials and taking stuff to the tip ( waste transfer station )

Anyway, I wish you well, hope all works out good for you.

#3 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29

You were happy with the treatment that you had received in China after your heart attack. What made you change your mind?

Absolutely, the medics did a good job and even the English doctors praise them. However, you can pick up all sorts of diseases in China- some can give you a bad heart.

#4 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29

You and Taffy know that carpets are not healthy, right? First they keep releasing minuscule artificial fibers that we breathe each time we walk on them: Those fibers keep accumulating in our lungs (specially bad for babies/todlers and pets as they are always close to the carpet). Second, they are always dirty. After the first day, they start getting dirty and after a few weeks, their contents is simply disgusting even if you vacuum them on a regular basis: Carpets are like a huge pair of socks that get washed only every second year.

Must say, didn't think about those fibres which get trapped in the lungs. I was thinking about laying coconut palm leaves down in our little hut, will that be okay?

#5 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

You were happy with the treatment that you had received in China after your heart attack. What made you change your mind?

#6 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29
Re beautiful!

Well my ex-brother in law was a carpet layer ( total wanker btw ) However I only helped him lay one carpet and that was quite a while ago now. Generally speaking a field I know little about.

That video is concise, informative and to the point. Those blokes really seem to know their stuff so follow their advice.

If you will be doing a lot of carpet laying I'd suggest to use only new tools. It's always better IMO.

Wife gets another day off Thursday before I can continue. However, before I even do the new skirting I must repair a hole in the sub-floor, which is chipboard laid on concrete. Trouble is can't see it under the carpet yet so don't know what I want to fix it. I no longer have a car so I must push a porter's trolley (2 wheel job) 5 miles to a builders yard, and 5 back with whatever is needed. I get plenty of exercise. Today I drop the girl to school and then walk for 2 hours fetching a new drug for my left ventricle (unusually it is in fact repairing itself but needs a little help, the muscle) the drug is called 'eplerenone' After that, ten days after I must have a blood test to make sure the eplerenone is not reeking havoc. I blame China for poisoning my system.

#7 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29

You are right and I really don't like carpet. My first apartment had thick pile carpet and I pulled it up and replaced it with tiles ( 450 x 450 )

Yes, carpet is bad for health. I especially don't like carpet in hotel rooms. Imagine how dirty it must be.

In Pattaya this is not a problem.

Carpets are ideal for a busy man, a jet-setter. The thing is this:- the more expensive your watch is the heavier it will be. In your hurry to catch that plane to bangkok your watch will smash to smithereens on a Chinese-type tiled floor. On a carpet, no problem.

A Chinese tourist had a panic attack and fainted after she accidentally broke a jadeite bracelet priced at $60,000 in a shop in southwestern Yunnan province, according to a report by online news site Chinanews.com.

The woman, whose identity wasn't disclosed, tried on the bracelet in a shop in the city of Ruili, a major jade trading centre. But when she took it off, it slipped from her hands and broke in two on the tiled floor, the report said.

#8 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

You are right and I really don't like carpet. My first apartment had thick pile carpet and I pulled it up and replaced it with tiles ( 450 x 450 )

Yes, carpet is bad for health. I especially don't like carpet in hotel rooms. Imagine how dirty it must be.

In Pattaya this is not a problem.

#9 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

You and Taffy know that carpets are not healthy, right? First they keep releasing minuscule artificial fibers that we breathe each time we walk on them: Those fibers keep accumulating in our lungs (specially bad for babies/todlers and pets as they are always close to the carpet). Second, they are always dirty. After the first day, they start getting dirty and after a few weeks, their contents is simply disgusting even if you vacuum them on a regular basis: Carpets are like a huge pair of socks that get washed only every second year.

#10 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re beautiful!

Well my ex-brother in law was a carpet layer ( total wanker btw ) However I only helped him lay one carpet and that was quite a while ago now. Generally speaking a field I know little about.

That video is concise, informative and to the point. Those blokes really seem to know their stuff so follow their advice.

If you will be doing a lot of carpet laying I'd suggest to use only new tools. It's always better IMO.

#11 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29
Re beautiful!

In fact, this model is not so common.

It's okay, I was only geeing you up, Seiko you have is good. My choices are less exciting these days- 'shall I invest in a £20 Stanley stapler or will an eBay one for a fiver do?' Do I need a proper £500 carpet stretcher or can I make do with a knee-kicker for just £25? AS Migsey and all the cool cats say, it's a bit of a non-brainer unless I want the carpets to ripple up after a year. If I cough up (as I will ask her Chineseship to do) £500, I will actually save money on what the carpet fitters would charge. More importantly I won't need to remove every stick of furniture from the premises.

Have you actually laid carpets in your travels as opposed to laying tarts on them? I never have but it can't be rocket science. I shall practice slicing up, stretching etcetera the old carpets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJqI88F0wAM

I see B&Q only use a knee-kicker!!

#12 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re beautiful!

In fact, this model is not so common. They are hard to get. I have one already, but not the one in blue. Seiko is in fact a fine brand, but you need to get the ones made in Japan without Chinese components. The Presage is all Japanese. Unless you spend over 500 dollars you are unlikely to get the genuine article however.

I can assure you that a Pattayan girl is impressed by this, and some of them like to buy Seiko's themselves. They like gold and silver also.

Last August a friend of mine in Pattaya told me her expensive Seiko was stolen by a customer she went to a luxury hotel with. I felt sorry for her.

#13 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29
Re beautiful!

Tis a nice watch but pity Seiko wasn't as common as muck- you can get a battery one as-cheap-as chips. I mean you wouldn't impress the discerning Pattayan call-girl if you rolled up with a Seiko.

Silverboy - 2018-03-29
beautiful!

I'm gonna get this one also. I already have the one with the white face and gold hands.

These are truly outstanding pieces for the price point, 700 AUD.

Return to Index › beautiful!

Go to another board -