TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › China is never boring
#1 Parent Jay - 2004-06-07
Re: China is never boring-more

Isn't it Tsingdao Beer?? I wonder if the printer made a mistake on the labels over here in Canada. Anything is possible!

#2 Parent Paez - 2004-05-28

Hi there
I heard by germans that the Qingdao beer is the closest to german beers taste outside germany.
I dont drink, but cheers!

Paez

#3 Parent Thomas Stearns - 2004-05-26

Hey Michael,

I got married here too! And agree with you 100% never been so happy in my life... Age dif? your business and no one elses!

I just won my first Chinese Biz negotiation-it went like this:

CHN bznzmn Will you sign the contract now?

Thomas I will sign as soon as the apartment is ready.

repeat approx 34 times while smiling until your adversary gives up..... Then you win! Remember to smile :)

Thomas

#4 Parent Michael Joseph Beauchot - 2004-05-26

China is never boring. As the Cowardly Lion said, " Ain't it the truth? Ain't it the truth?" For those of you waiting to pick the language of native speakers apart, that was a QUOTE! Unlike some foreign presses (Xinhua, are you listening?), quotes mean you quote exactly what was being said.

As far as dating while in China, I recommend it. I don't do it any more because I got married to a Chinese woman - the love of my life - last August.

I won't mention the age difference because I have already heard enough rants aimed at me. :)

#5 Parent Thomas Stearns - 2004-05-25

Okay... Sorry had to go and teach...

Here are some more ideas about living in this country...
It's a real "Barrel of monkeys"

Remember ... Chinese people are a little bit different than the folks at home.. (part of why you came right??)

Try some of the local food. So maybe sea cucumbers are not your thing, but I find China has an amazing variety of food choices.

If you date the Chinese-Ok really there is every kind of person here nice ones, bad ones , downright dirty ones, pious christians, Muslims,buddhists, Taoists, bet they even have rosicrucian if you know where to look haha So if you get in a bind IT IS YOUR FAULT! YOU ASKED HER/HIM out right... Same as back home.

So remember grasshopper, China is never boring! So have a good time

Gotta go drink some goood Qingdao beer ...

Thomas Stearns - 2004-05-25
China is never boring

China is never boring!

When I first arrived in China I was excited to be in this strange and mysterious country.
In the last couple of years the frustration level has near to driven me insane. But it is never boring. The food is great the working conditions are good and the girls are lovely. I have a real work visa! I have a good job with a nice salary. And living in the beautiful city of Qingdao is truly a pleasure!

How can it be done? If you read the various postings you will find thousands of complaints. It took me a year or more to figure out what I need here to be at peace and enjoy life in China.

First- Read the letter written by the US embassy- Beijing on their website!

Second- when a school invites you to China ask them for their license number (the one they need to hire foreigners)

Third- Do research on the city you intend to go to- China has hot cities-extremely cold cities -modern places- and very backward primitive places...

I will post more later! Time for class!

Thomas

Return to Index › China is never boring

Go to another board -