TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Egypt
#1 Parent matt - 2004-06-09
Re: Egypt

yes, i should've said something to that effect. if you have an idea of how much your major living expenses will be (like rent/utilities, or groceries) then i'd say double that, and make a range that includes the number.

but yeah, i'm just shooting from the hip with this.

#2 Parent Michael Joseph Beauchot - 2004-06-09

To add to the previous post response I would say that the pay is vastly different in different countries - you really need to find an Egyptian source. Unfortunately, I can't help you there. :(

#3 Parent matt - 2004-06-09

most salaries for a good full-day work (30-40 hours per week) look like they are paying over (USD)1500. my friend in Korea told me to only consider jobs paying 2.0 million won (1800 USD), and a Hess Educational Organization (Taiwan) advertises salaries up to 2,393.47 USD per month. and that number is _net_ pay after taxes and national health insurance.

Pete Tatham - 2004-06-09
Egypt

I am currently applying for my first postion teaching abroad (Egypt), with a BA and no exprience. The ad says to request a salary, what kind of range does anyone think would be viable... Here are the working condiitons as listed in the ad.... Qualifications:
1) Bachelor of Arts or Science
2) Native Speaking English Teachers.
3) Excellent communicative skills with children.
4) Newly graduates are encouraged to apply, and experience is an asset.
Working Conditions:
1) Friday & Saturday Off.
2) Working Hours 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
3) Paid Furnished Accommodation.
4) Paid Daily Transportation to and from School.
5) Paid Visa & Work Permit.
6) Paid Vacation.
7) Paid Public Holidays.
8) Reimbursed Roundtrip Airfare Ticket.

Any advice welcome, espeically from people who have been to Egypt!! Thanks muchly.

Return to Index › Egypt

Go to another board -