TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › made 63 million won in korea working in an illegal manner.
#1 Parent Michael Joseph Beauchot - 2004-06-10
Re: made 63 million won in korea working in an illegal manner.

I think what Tim wrote was practically a "love letter" to Korea and Koreans. and Matt is certainly right - Tim couldn't have done it without the help of Koreans.

He clearly admires the Koreans he had dealings with and the Korean language and

#2 Parent matt - 2004-06-10

of course, we all don't really know precisely what went on, but it seems to me, from my initial read through of Tim's post, that he did not go to korea intending to work illegally. he may have been aware that his money sources were not legitimate, but according to him, he couldn't have gotten anywhere if koreans hadn't introduced him to other koreans.

it didn't sound to me like he was trying to say "HA! look at how stupid the koreans are!" it seems to me like he was just trying to share his experience. its certainly possible that he wanted to say 'look how easy it is to break the law in korea.' but it certainly isn't the only interpretation of that story.

#3 Parent Michael Joseph Beauchot - 2004-06-10

I think what this teacher meant was exactly what he said. If that letter came across as negative about Koreans, then I believe you will find everythign written by a white man negative about Koreans. In other words, you are seeing Through dirt-colored glasses, my friend Incheon.

Incheon - 2004-06-09
made 63 million won in korea working in an illegal manner.

How come most teachers here avoid this post. True hurts

http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/forum/index.pl?noframes;read=1177

PS why is that teachers are talking here of how the made 63 million won in korea working in an illegal manner. I think what this teacher meant was, how easy to fool koreans are.

Return to Index › made 63 million won in korea working in an illegal manner.

Go to another board -