TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Question for Silverboy
#1 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re: Beer House Philosophy with Heidegger

I would have to agree. That was a low act.

#2 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re: Re Question for Silverboy

More rubbish. You obviously have no intelligence. At my age ( 49 ) I have had plenty of time to do many things.

People can still work part-time whilst they are at university, or have you not thought about that? I have been a qualified carpenter since I was 23.
I was doing modelling work till my late 20's ( yes can still do that if you are at university also )

I've never been left any money by my family. I bought the two houses by myself. I had plenty of time to make money. I made most of it from 1997 to 2007. There was a construction boom in Australia at the time, it is a fact.

FYI, I was only in China ( living and working ) for eight years. I had been there as a tourist before I lived there.

Yes, I owned a property on the Gold Coast overlooking the ocean with my sister. I've mentioned it before.

Many people know this including a lot of my ex-pat friends.

We sold this property in 2012 and divided the profits. Now I only have two properties.

Get your facts straight!

#3 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

My struggle and avocation is attempting to 'understand' the nature of consciousness, the
nature of being.

You may be surprised at how much I can relate to that sentiment. I'm surprised to find it here, even though I always find your posts to be thought provoking and well thought out. Would love to sit and converse with you. I think it would be much like "Dinner with Andre."

I once attempted to write "The Evolution of Genuine." My own naivety at the time, hampered by what I thought was ample exposure to the "real world," but was not, brought that attempt to a screeching halt when I realized how far I still had to go before I could even define "genuine" in a way that, well, merited its evolution within myself.

Nevertheless, all these years later, I still find myself absorbed by the notion that there is little in contemporary life that will provide clarity to the idea that we can move beyond the simplistic as a society. Not in a world where religion and philosophy provide the justification for the murder of innocents. Not in a world where exists the notion that there is more that separates us than there is that unites us. Borders, nationalism, religions that are as old as the hills and based on fairy tales, apathy and of course the all encompassing mans inhumanity to man - all of this tells me who I don't want to be, not who I could be. And so the search for genuine has become somewhat of a lonely one. But I accept that and the sun comes up and the sun goes down.

In U.S. parlance, I lack Faith.

As do I.

"I do not concern myself with gods and spirits either good or evil nor do I serve any."
Laozi

#4 Parent FTinPRC - 2018-03-29
Re Beer House Philosophy with Heidegger

It's been several decades since I waded or trudged through 'Being and Time', in English unfortunately. I'm glad I made the effort but I'm certain I left much 'on the table'.

I also read Husserl but remember even less.

My shallow exposure to linguistics occurred well after my philosophy forays. I appreciate your comments on how various cultures' treatment of the 'verb to be' reflects their perspectives on the nature of existence and experience.

What I retain, or misinterpret, about Heidegger is the portrayal of Dasein as a 'level of being' primary, formative and inaccessible to consciousness.

His treatment of 'time', as I recall, was incomplete, but I found it incomprehensible. Students of philosophy should minor in German.

#5 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29
Re: Beer House Philosophy with Heidegger

You Hurt London Girl. It Makes You a Piece of Shit.

#6 Parent Linguist - 2018-03-29
Beer House Philosophy with Heidegger

Heidegger was one of the most influential philosophers of the 20th century. You quoted one of his technical terms used in his works on existential philosophy, “Dasein” (please note that all German nouns as a rule are beginning with an initial capital letter). Dasein literally would translate as “being there” (better: the fact being there at all, just the mere fact of existence. A second technical term he used was “Sosein” (literally “so-being”, referring to the quality of existence, the way in which a person or an object exists).

From a linguistic point of view, there are languages like English, French or German that do not distinguish between these two fundamental aspects of existence. You would use a word like “is” to denote both the fact and the quality of existence in sentences like “He is there” (fact of existence) and “He is a student” or “he is dead” (quality of existence). It’s the same in a classical language like Latin.

Other languages like, for example, Chinese or Korean have developed grammatical traits that, following the logically essentially differentation of both these aspects of existence, distinguish accordingly not only at lexical but also at grammatical level. In case of fact of existence, Chinese would use a special verb like 在 zài denoting location (as a sub-variant of fact of existence) than it would in a sentence like “he is a student” where 是 shì would be used. There are also other linguistic data in Korean, Japanese and Vietnamese suggesting the same.

Funny enough, such language data are in full support of Heidegger’s two-fold approach, but they developed long before Heidegger ever stated them.

In this light, your statement that Heidegger held that “a hammer is only a hammer when hammering” clearly refers to the quality of existence. However, to infer that Silverboy is only Silverboy when “silverboying” on here is quite another thing.

Long live beer house philosophy!....lol

#7 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29
Re Question for Silverboy

I can see and hear it, yes.

it must be quite easy for you to see through his lie of having a degree in Applied Linguistics.

You should just accept what he tells you instead of this witch-hunt. Very ungentlemanly-like behaviour!

I myself remain as pleased as punch with my fake degrees- I feel they do me credit. I got my degree on birth- it comes with every British child.

#8 Parent Sean the Sheep - 2018-03-29

"Yep, I really am a great linguist with my degree in Applied Linguistics."

Ha ha ha ha ...........................

Do the math, Silverboaster. Two degrees, say 8 years and then 8-10 years where you earned enough money to buy two properties. Then 10 years in China. It really isn't credible. You have no credibility.

Why not admit you did modeling assignments when you were at college only? Why not admit that you did occasional laboring jobs in the construction industry because you are not qualified in a trade and the rules are strict in Oz? Oh, maybe you forgot to tell us you are a qualified tradesman as well. Why not admit that you were left some money/ property by your family. Why not admit that you share ownership of one property with your sister.

You keep digging the hole for yourself.

#9 Parent Existential philosopher - 2018-03-29

That's a good joke....hahahahhahaha

Heidegger, a German phenomenologist philosopher (and yes, a Nazi) posited, loosely quoted: A hammer is only a hammer while hammering.

Perhaps he had Silverboy in mind.

#10 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re: Center pivot irrigation

No, unrelated to teaching. My offer was in construction although there were jobs for English teachers at the time also.
Even those jobs were like 70,000 USD for only about 7 months work and I think some of the jobs were tax free.

#11 Parent Ex-Pat - 2018-03-29

I can see and hear it, yes.

it must be quite easy for you to see through his lie of having a degree in Applied Linguistics.
#12 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

Hi Turnoi!

#13 Parent Ex-Pat - 2018-03-29

Please show some pity for that guy. According to him, Africans once raided the British coast to enslave the good old Brits because they were after their tea and pies with flies...LOL

#14 Parent FTinPRC - 2018-03-29

Thank you for your thoughtful and comprehensive comments.

Yes, any discussion of the nature of 'truth' becomes ontological. I don't question the validity of individuals creating a system of values that they ascribe to, pledge allegiance to, or worship. I just personally do not have one.

In U.S. parlance, I lack Faith.

My struggle and avocation is attempting to 'understand' the nature of consciousness, the nature of being. The Germans have a useful word, dasein, which combines the meaning of both 'natures'.

Heidegger, a German phenomenologist philosopher (and yes, a Nazi) posited, loosely quoted: A hammer is only a hammer while hammering.

Perhaps he had Silverboy in mind.

#15 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

May I ask: What kind of job? Teaching English to their Iraqi partners, maybe?

#16 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

I was offered a job by Cheney's company ( Halliburton ) I think, in 2008.

It was big money, in Iraq. I refused, mostly because I was afraid of being killed but also because I did not want to help and support his business.

#17 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

As disturbing as his 'roadmap' is, I observe few people who live their life as an expression
of their 'philosophy'. I credit those that do

I can agree with that to the extent that one's philosophy and the way they express it is not harmful to others. I have no intention of going to Pattaya and bringing my soap box along. But I can express my belief right here in this forum that I do consider racism, bigotry, hate rhetoric, misogyny, sexism and the like to be harmful to others. I have seen, on more than one continent what it has done, I have known personally its victims, and so I will rail against it - sometimes logically, sometimes not so much.

But sure, give credit where credit is due. And, yes, as disturbing as his road map is, he does do his own thing in accordance with what he believes. He may even believe his own lies.

I don't believe in 'truth' as a verifiable quality in human beliefs or as a prescriptive
yardstick for behavior.

Hmm. Sorry, it's taken me awhile to wrap my brain around that one. Usually I can grasp your irony and satire right off but, since you're being serious, this requires thought. Anyway, I agree with the first part but not the latter. I believe, and try to live my life in accordance with the belief that truth is a prescriptive yardstick for behavior, as you say. I'll admit, it's hard and of course I fail, but I try. Nevertheless, in my opinion, without at least an attempt at honest and forthright behavior, we are nothing.

But here we are talking about different kinds of truth, well, at least I am. I keep bouncing back and forth because my whole original thing was about lying and I'm trying to keep it simple, yet I'm fascinated by the complexity of it all. And I will admit to the realization that there are few who possess a belief system who can truly manifest in their behavior the "truth" of said belief system.

Well, personally, I can be thankful to have overcome the "existential angst" well enough that my observational skills and curiosity are still intact. Perhaps, SB, has it right, since we're all just marking time anyway..

Now, I understand that my position on the hypocrisy and ignorance that is seemingly innate
among U.S. citizens is a debatable belief system of my own.

I wouldn't debate it for a minute. Fortunately, when not traveling, I live on an island. I can isolate myself as much as necessary when I need a buffer. If I'm on the mainland, I sometimes feel as though I'm a stranger in a world of puppets. Now that Nationalism is in the cauldron, we'll see how the American mind reacts. But based on the very hypocrisy and ignorance you speak of, I'm not overly optimistic.

(So anyway, I still think you were having an up day on the day you wrote the post I responded to. Hope you have many more.}

#18 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

I am the one who started the "truth" thing in this thread. What I was referring to is something that would kinda fall within the wider scope of "your truth will set you free" (a quote from the bible) that Gil Grissom of CSI Las Vegas used to mention about some people in his investigations.

#19 Parent Curious - 2018-03-29

GOOOOOOD POST!

#20 Parent FTinPRC - 2018-03-29

SB has no truth to live by, unless you call hedonism a
'truth.'

I don't believe in 'truth' as a verifiable quality in human beliefs or as a prescriptive yardstick for behavior.

Many people live in accordance with their beliefs and
dedicate their lives to the betterment of others and societies as a whole while
operating under the guidance of said beliefs.

Almost all people ascribe to some religious belief system and some political affiliation. A few people attest affiliation to a philosophical or economic system. When I was young I would tell people I was a neo-Marxist Phenomenologist. Few people, if any, use their self-indentified belief system to guide their behavior.

Of all the 'Christians' that I have met, I know of none that actually live their life according to Christian values. Of all the U.S. citizens that praise freedom and democracy, I know of few that actually understand that the U.S. government provides neither. I know of few that actually have studied comparative constitutions and contrastive economics.

Now, I understand that my position on the hypocrisy and ignorance that is seemingly innate among U.S. citizens is a debatable belief system of my own.

But I believe that Silverboy's racist and misogynist beliefs have provided him a roadmap for living his life. From the antics that he describes in this forum, it appears to me that he actually behaves in accordance to those beliefs.

As disturbing as his 'roadmap' is, I observe few people who live their life as an expression of their 'philosophy'. I credit those that do.

#21 Parent Curious - 2018-03-29

Iraq was a terrible mistake (Dick Cheney's fault): It destabilized the Middle East for generations. But Iraq apart, Bush Jr did not destroy the established order the way it is done these days, and done without any replacement in mind: Obama's legacy is being destroyed just for the fun of it.

#22 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Fifi, when Obama was in office and also Bush before him they were also doing things that I would consider harmful ( remember Iraq war )

I never heard Obama or Bush get criticized like Trump almost every day.

I think Bush even criticized Trump recently. A tad hypocritical coming from him!

#23 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

The fact is that hedonism is the way to go for a lot of people.

Nobody should be pushed into marriage because of social pressure and family expectation.

Monogamous relationships are not normal.

Gay and lesbian couples should also not feel pressured to marry.

#24 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

SB, I lost track of the post where you told me to move on about trump, so I am going to post my answer here instead:

SB, everyday in office, trump is harming the globe. I can't move on. It's a totally different situation than Taffy's fixation on the Barbary Coast of 2-3-4 centuries ago.

#25 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Like Arthur said, life experience will triumph over university experience anytime.

You may have spent more time at university than I have. It does mean you are "smart".

I've learned more about life and people on the streets of Pattaya than at any college or university I've ever been to.

The university world is not real life. Better to have real life experiences.

#26 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Whilst I support hedonism I think minimalism can also be good sometimes.

Even my friends who live in Pattaya practice minimalism to some extent.

For example, they might go out to the bars and go whoring for a night, then they have a few days off and take it easy, just go to the beach and hang around at shopping centres, drink coffee etc.

I really can't do that, I am usually just full on. I've been told by some other ex-pats "you need to pace yourself" and even some bar girls told me I am "a bit wild" but they said I am kind to them.

Getting drunk every now and then is fun but I can imagine that being an alcoholic is not.

#27 Parent Arthur - 2018-03-29

Life experiences supersede formal education in my mind, not to be underestimated.

#28 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

Some crappy artificial fields in the middle of nowhere. It ain't Thailand or Australia or
Philippines that's for sure!

Once again you have zero credibility. Fool.

Education usually leads to increased curiosity and curiosity often leads to education.

Were you a more curious person, you would educate yourself instead of playing the fool who calls others fools. Were you more educated, your curiosity would have led you to a bit of brief research regarding the picture I posted.

No matter. The picture was posted as a counterpoint to Daffy's ridiculous assertion regarding Muslims, so of course it is not Thailand or Australia or the Philippines. So, how does that show me to have zero credibility and how does that make me a fool?

Try to stay on track. Even the effort to do so will have some benefit - it will create more synaptic pathways while you destroy others when sloshing down the suds.

#29 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

"ls hedonism a 'truth" you asked. Yes, for some people it is.

#30 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

If I may offer my observation, I believe that Silverboy is a remarkably happy and confident
individual who doesn't harm other people.

You are the last person I would have expected to give license to his inanity. You must have gotten up on the right side of the bed today and are feeling happy and content.

Expressing one's racist and misogynistic views may not directly harm other people, but they certainly aren't conducive to the creation of a peaceful and united society. In addition, the language that accompanies such views often leads to violence or worse. I don't like it from my president and I don't like it from the toddler or his ilk.

Silverboy has found his own 'truth' and lives according to it. Few people accomplish that.

Again, you're so forgiving today.. SB has no truth to live by, unless you call hedonism a 'truth.' He only has knee jerk reactions. As for few people "accomplishing that," I must disagree. Many people live in accordance with their beliefs and dedicate their lives to the betterment of others and societies as a whole while operating under the guidance of said beliefs. It's true enough, though, that many don't.

#31 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

Awwwwwwwwww.... thank you FTinPRC.

#32 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

heretosay: What would save SB? (it's a serious question)

I'm really not qualified to answer that question; however, the simple answer is education and counseling.

#33 Parent FTinPRC - 2018-03-29

What would save SB? (it's a serious question)

If I may offer my observation, I believe that Silverboy is a remarkably happy and confident individual who doesn't harm other people.

Certainly he has relationship and attachment issues, but living a single life into late adulthood is preferable to being an unhappy and potentially abusive husband.

I abhor his views but I support his right to express them. I am, however, happy that I do not have the responsibility to edit or restrict their publication online.

Silverboy has found his own 'truth' and lives according to it. Few people accomplish that.

#34 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

heretosay: What would save SB? (it's a serious question)

#35 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

SB is now turning to the well-known tactics to defame posters like you criticizing him. In that, he follows those training center goons who did the same to him before.

Yes, indeed. It's the same reason he can't resist bashing Chinese women; that is, he was shunned so often by them that now he defends his own ego by defaming more than half a billion women. It's easy to see how his lack of higher education and the more mature view of the world that usually results from exposure to knowledge has stifled his ability to think outside of the little box he finds himself in. Moreover, it is easy to see that he recognizes his own weaknesses and, therefore, strikes out at those he perceives as highlighting those weaknesses.

On of those glaring weaknesses is his inability to track. Another is the inability to respond to other posters inquiries with clarity of thought and purpose.

But then, you've been popping in and out of the board here for more than a decade, as have I, so it's easy to recognize his deficits along with his BS and his lies. Also, since you are a Doctor of Linguistics, it must be quite easy for you to see through his lie of having a degree in Applied Linguistics.

According to Silverboy with his pretend degree in Applied Linguistics, he wasn't a real
teacher either while working for that uni in Wuhan. One of the criteria for REAL
TEACHERS is that they are also qualified to teach at home, not only in China.

#36 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

Move on, you old piece of the 1950's.

#37 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29

I know.... and he does not want to change or see or perceive or whatever (I have been trying for many many months)... My taffy is like a broken record. A racist broken record. Happy to be so. Will go to oblivion repeating his favorite sentence about some 16 or 17th century event (as if the Brits did not invade other countries....). At times, I feel hopeless when it comes to Taffy.

You took the words out of my mouth and used them the other way around, hahaha. What I have been trying to get across is "Don't talk to me about the way the British treated Africans because we learned all the rough handling from them who started selling us as slaves over a century before we turned the tables. In fact the tale-end of the Barbary Coast Slave Trade was still in business when 'our' slave trade had started. American Merchant Marines were captured by the Africans and used as slaves." So, these Africans were at that time interested in extending and reinvigorating their operations.

#38 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

I know.... and he does not want to change or see or perceive or whatever (I have been trying for many many months)... My taffy is like a broken record. A racist broken record. Happy to be so. Will go to oblivion repeating his favorite sentence about some 16 or 17th century event (as if the Brits did not invade other countries....). At times, I feel hopeless when it comes to Taffy.

#39 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

All the other people are good at is murdering and raping.

Spoken like a true racist.

#40 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

SB, I don't like when you say "Fool" to posters like heretosay/others simply because you don't agree with what they write. They have the right to express their opinion even if you don't agree with them, right?

#41 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Some crappy artificial fields in the middle of nowhere. It ain't Thailand or Australia or Philippines that's for sure!

Once again you have zero credibility. Fool.

#42 Parent Ex-Pat - 2018-03-29

According to Silverboy with his pretend degree in Applied Linguistics, he wasn't a real teacher either while working for that uni in Wuhan. One of the criteria for REAL TEACHERS is that they are also qualified to teach at home, not only in China.

No real need to really "defend" yourself. SB is now turning to the well-known tactics to defame posters like you criticizing him. In that, he follows those training center goons who did the same to him before.

#43 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29

urely you jest. If not, that would count as one of your most irrational statements to date.

They can do sod all on their own and most big projects are done for them by Westerners and Chinese. However, I was talking mainly about your average traditional settler. Like Jehovah Witnesses average Jewish peasants are good at getting organised and working together for a common purpose but the other people haven't got a clue.

Look at Israel with all the world-leading medical research and all other fields of science, that goes on. All the other people are good at is murdering and raping.

#44 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

If you were a real teacher you would never have gone to China. I've said it many times.

If you were capable of tracking, you'd understand so much better. Nevertheless, you are already quite aware that I taught in America before deciding to go to China. I've said it many times.

You have zero credibility as usual.[/quote

:\ Your own credibility, approaching nil, is diminishing rapidly.

#45 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

....but if all you want is a desert wilderness give it to the the Muslims.

Surely you jest. If not, that would count as one of your most irrational statements to date.

#46 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

The fact is that in 2007, 2008, and 2009 ( when I was in Wuhan ) most Wuhan colleges and universities did NOT
require anything but a TESOL certificate.

It may be different now, I don't know. I have not been in Wuhan for years and have no intention of ever returning.

There were many people teaching in China with a Z-visa and no degree when I was there.

#47 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

You think I would give a [] about what your students think? The fact that you had to go to China to find employment says a lot about you.

If you were a real teacher you would never have gone to China. I've said it many times.

You have zero credibility as usual.

#48 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

Follow the thread. It's easily found.

#49 Parent BeenThere - 2018-03-29

"Interestingly, when I taught writing in China, I would often direct students here to the teacher's board so that they could see examples of poor writing. Your posts were the ones mostly highlighted as the writing of an uneducated and pretend teacher."

Ha ha ha!!!

#50 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

If I ever decided to come out of retirement and apply for
a job a prospective employer
will check if my degrees are authentic or not.

You wouldn't have to worry about that because as soon as said prospective employer saw your CV it would find it's way into the circular file for being an ill written attempt at securing a job you are not qualified for. Unless, of course, you're applying for a job as a nail pounder or a basket weaver.

Note: Conditionals are followed by a comma....

Interestingly, when I taught writing in China, I would often direct students here to the teacher's board so that they could see examples of poor writing. Your posts were the ones mostly highlighted as the writing of an uneducated and pretend teacher.

Another of my students wrote his graduate thesis that clearly demonstrated how he and many other students were dismayed at the number of unqualified FTs in China and how they negatively impacted the ability of those who were genuinely interested in improving their English language skills.

#51 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

SB: Your turn

#52 Parent FTinPRC - 2018-03-29
#53 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

What the beep is your reply to my post about? I've followed up on the question why Americans invested and helped create Israel. I feel sorry you and your shaddows can't understand the reasons.

Oh, I see. The Jews are pretty smart and they are very welcome in any neighbourhood where I am. They have always been the victim of jealousy and spendthrifts. Like all religious people, they can be illogical. Turnoi's Fillisters still make me chuckle- all of them blond, blue-eyed Jews raised out of the scorching burning wilderness, hahaha!
#54 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

Can you please post the link of his post?

#55 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

No you fool, I said that only Wuhan University was the only university in WUHAN at the time I
knew of that required a degree. As for other universities at the time in China I don't
know.

Wrong. Here's what you said:

"The only university requiring a degree was Wuhan University. I worked there for one year."
Silvertoddler

#56 Parent Not an anti-semite - 2018-03-29

First of all, educate yourself to properly differentiate between "Jews" and "Israelis". Next, not all Jews are religious people; many of whom are atheists and/or agnostics. The Jewish community/Israeli society is as diverse as the rest of society. Stop stereotyping a community you know nothing about!

Like all religious people, they can be illogical.
#57 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

I think you are right. Many people are jealous of the Jews and if some people want to give them money they don't really deserve it just proves those people providing the funds are really stupid.

It reminds me of the type of stupid men on this forum ( not you or Mr O'Shei ) who take entitled Chinese women to upmarket eateries.

I'll bet Mr Care Bear for instance has lost thousands and thousands of RMB in this manner.

I'll give you a good example of financial stupidity: The former Australian businessman Alan Bond ( now dead ) paid one billion AUD in the 80's for a TV station owned by Kerry Packer ( also now dead ) It was only worth about 100 million AUD.

Kerry Packer said "you only get one Alan Bond in your lifetime and I've had mine!" In other words "a sucker is born every minute".

The relationship between most laowai in China and Chinese women can be summed up in this fashion.

#58 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Yep, I really am a great linguist with my degree in Applied Linguistics.

#59 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

We already know this. We don't need the "all knowing" Trumpsey to inform us.

#60 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

No you fool, I said that only Wuhan University was the only university in WUHAN at the time I knew of that required a degree. As for other universities at the time in China I don't know.

I doubt any university in Guangxi required one either as the standards are even lower there.

How naive are you? There were plenty of people working in China without ANY qualifications in the mid-2000's.

You did not always need a degree to get teaching jobs in China.

Do YOUR research in future you ignoramus!

#61 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Yes, 130 million is fuck all in comparison to what most Western governments waste in a single year.

#62 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Yes, you would not know. Applied Linguistics generally consists of four specific disciplines.

As you do not have a degree in this field you would not have a clue.

Better luck next time, hehe!

#63 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29

To support its economy for printing the money is a part of the Jewish business. Just imagine that you spend less than you make and then you're able to get your debt up to over 20 trillion with a fine credit rating while some less outreaching once suffer downgrading.

Oh, I see. The Jews are pretty smart and they are very welcome in any neighbourhood where I am. They have always been the victim of jealousy and spendthrifts. Like all religious people, they can be illogical. Turnoi's Fillisters still make me chuckle- all of them blond, blue-eyed Jews raised out of the scorching burning wilderness, hahaha!

#64 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

To support its economy for printing the money is a part of the Jewish business. Just imagine that you spend less than you make and then you're able to get your debt up to over 20 trillion with a fine credit rating while some less outreaching once suffer downgrading.

Well then, why has America spent 130 million dollars on Israel since 1949?
#65 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

"Australians may not be aware of the term's origins. Linguists are. "

Wow, I am a linguist now!
SB, you and me are linguists.

#66 Parent FTinPRC - 2018-03-29

Yes. It's origin is anti-Semitic. http://ask.metafilter.com/96613/Is-shonk-antisemitic
Australians may not be aware of the term's origins. Linguists are.

#67 Parent John O‘Shei - 2018-03-29

Precisely the response that I’d expect. That lad gives zero f**ks, haha.

#68 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

We've spend more than that this month.

I stand corrected.

#69 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29

In order to protect its own interests I should think. Pardon me anyway, but even Ireland could afford to spend 130 million dollars in nearly seventy years.

#70 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29

why has America spent 130 million dollars on Israel since 1949?

Don't do that Trumpsy, she will only feel all holy now admitting to a typing error.

#71 Parent Curious - 2018-03-29

yes, I think the OP forgot some 0000 or wrote million instead of trillion

#72 Parent FTinPRC - 2018-03-29

why has America spent 130 million dollars on Israel since 1949?

#73 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

Many people have been saying for years that you are a fraud and a shonk.

Another lie from the Silver toddler.

More trumpism. Tell a lie here and there and those who are incapable of rational thought will cling to whichever lie supports their irrationality.

You are full of shit

Very intelligent response to one who's intellectual capacity far exceeds your own. But I can understand your consternation now that you've been further outed as a liar in regards to your education. Expect more backlash as the truth becomes more obvious, since you just can't stop sticking your foot in your mouth.

#74 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

The only university requiring a degree was Wuhan University.

Let's see now. In 2004 there were approximately 2500 universities and colleges in China, yet you claim that only one of them, Wuhan, required a degree. Are you confused or just, as usual, providing false information? Both, I would guess.

You seem to think that you're the only poster here who has spent significant time in China. That's definitely not the case. I'd suggest thinking before you write. A little research wouldn't hurt either.

#75 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

I'm quite interested in the communicative function of language. An important aspect of the
discipline of Applied Linguistics.

Oh really. Such a heady statement. Please do tell us more because I really didn't know that "communicative function" is an aspect of Applied Linguistics. I mean, really, why would communication have anything to do with linguistics? :\

I'll return as soon as I get my tongue out of my cheek, but better to have the tongue in the cheek than to have a foot in the mouth.

#76 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

Jews need to look after their own
interests because nobody else will do it for them.

#77 Parent .Not an anti-semite - 2018-03-29

Yes! History proves it.

If you want a green and pleasant land, hand the desert over to the Jews but if all you want
is a desert wilderness give it to the the Muslims. Jews need to look after their own interests because nobody else will do it for them.
#78 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29

I feel the same
I am not anti-semitic
But I don't like the way they treat the Palestinians.
Tell a Friend

If you want a green and pleasant land, hand the desert over to the Jews but if all you want is a desert wilderness give it to the the Muslims. Jews need to look after their own interests because nobody else will do it for them.

#79 Parent Not an antisemite - 2018-03-29

I personally would vehemently stand up and speak out against any form of anti-semitism. I have a couple of (religious and non-religious) Jewish friends myself. I am interested in traditional Yiddish culture and have been to Krakow in Poland several times to follow the traces of Yiddish local culture there. However, you should be absolutely sure before accusing someone of anti-semitic overtones; in case you are doing i9t to the wrong person, it could come back to you and will hear something like "these Jews must always complain". It's time to become more relaxed in daily communcation. No, as far as I can see "shonk" does not have any anti-semitic overtones; it's only your ignorance of English Australian slang suggesting the same. Get a life!

The word shonk has antisemitic overtones
#80 Parent Not an antisemite - 2018-03-29

No, it's absolutely legitimate to criticize Israel politically, and nobody should claim that you are an anti-semite because of that. Although I have no Jewish background myself, I fully support the Netanyahu government and those who vote for him.

My post was not in any way connected with Jews. I am not in any way anti-semitic but I don't like the way Israel treats Palestinians. Certainly not a Jew hater by any means though.
#81 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

I feel the same
I am not anti-semitic
But I don't like the way they treat the Palestinians.

#82 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Fifi, as you are not a native speaker you can be forgiven for not knowing the meaning of "shonk" or "shonky".

"My car is a lemon". "The salesmen over at that car yard are very shonky".

"A shonky salesman".

"He is a shonk".

It means a dishonest and unreputable person.

Anyway, terrible weather where I am, so I don't have anything to do right now.

Was out in the car earlier, pissing down with rain, windy, cold, 18 degrees C when it should be
30 degrees C.

My post was not in any way connected with Jews. I am not in any way anti-semitic but I don't like the way Israel treats Palestinians. Certainly not a Jew hater by any means though.

#83 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

To be precise "shonk" is a word used to describe "a person involved in suspect business activity".

It is informal Australian English or "slang".

#84 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

I know you are a good man

#85 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

You can also say "shonky" products, something that is sub-standard, crappy, or unusable.

Yes, "shonk" is a shortened form of "shonicker" which some Jews may find offensive.

The Australian version is not related to Jews in context whatsoever.

#86 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

I'm quite interested in the communicative function of language. An important aspect of the discipline of Applied Linguistics.

#87 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

SB: The word shonk has antisemitic overtones. I don't like to read such words here. I am OK with a lot of words that you write, but not this one. Just saying.

#88 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Go back to your fake university with your pretend PhD"s and just chill out.

Many people have been saying for years that you are a fraud and a shonk.

Took me a while to see the light but I am now of the opinion you are not what you seem.

You are full of shit.

#89 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

I'm surprised a non-native speaker with a fake PhD would know that.

#90 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Yep, especially if you want to know about where to find the best women, just ask good ol SB, LOL!

#91 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Ok, start throwing up, LOL!

#92 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

No, your poor comprehension once again. I never said teaching is not real job. Teaching at a high school or university in the USA, UK, or Australia is a real job.

Teaching ESL in China is NOT a real job as much as you like to PRETEND it is.

#93 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Wrong again. At the time all that the university wanted was a TESOL certificate and many people had them at the time.

The only university requiring a degree was Wuhan University. I worked there for one year. It's also a shit university like
Guangxi University in Nanning.

#94 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Obviously it's Turnoi. He thinks we are all stupid and can't tell it is him.

#95 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

You study and then you get the degree. You don't get the degree first and then study.

#96 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Many people know his real name, nothing revealing about that. Many people know my real name also.
I also know the real names ( and addresses ) of some past and current posters on this board ( LG being one )

However, I have no intention of doing anything sinister with that information.

#97 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Why would I put a lie on my resume? If I ever decided to come out of retirement and apply for a job a prospective employer
will check if my degrees are authentic or not.

I know for a fact that in Australia, Thailand, and Philippines that degree holders are vigorously checked out and degrees ( and transcripts )
are verified. These are the three places where I am most likely to apply for work if the need was to arise.

#98 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

I suggest you read my "advice for young men in their 20's" which I recently posted on here. It is in fact useful for men of different ages.

You could learn a lot about having a more fulfilling and interesting life.

#99 Parent John - 2018-03-29

That seems to be the key point. Yes.

Oh wait, that's right, you can't know that, so you pretend to believe him as a means of siding against those who have no use for either of you.
#100 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

Hi Turnoi! You posted a lot today: Made me wonder if it is because I asked for your comments earlier this week?

#101 Parent Ex-pat - 2018-03-29

The badger "knows"....He does possess telepathic capabilities and is able to pass "competent" judgement from afar. Hie is good and an expert at.....well, baking pies with flies. :D

How would you know that?
#102 Parent Ex-pat - 2018-03-29

An adjective form of "to vomit".

"vomitous" oh la la.... a new word for me.

#103 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

It's exactly that situation that also allowed you to teach at a university in Wuhan with your pretend
degree in Applied Linguistics.

Actually, he didn't come up with the lie about Applied Linguistics until after he left Wuhan. Nevertheless, your point is well taken.

#104 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

I've posted pictures on here before and even stated where I like to hang out. I really do go to those places.

To me, that's fine, however I've been told that's it's not a good idea as if the enemy knows what you look like they can find you if they know which city/cities you reside in. I mean it could make someone an assault risk, although in a place like Pattaya it does not bother me.

I doubt any ESL goons would/will come looking for me there and if they do they will not last long.

China is a different story though and I would be at risk if I returned there ( I never will ) as I am more well known with the Chinese than I previously thought.

As for posting pictures of a degree and transcripts goes only a fool would do that. Same with exposing passport or credit/debit card or driver licence details.

Some people do this by accident when they take selfies. Often from a a few feet away but these items can be enlarged.

I urge people to get SkimGuard btw to protect their debit and credit cards from electronic theft. I got mine from TVSN in Australia ( Channel 14 ) in capital cities.
Not sure if it is available in other countries.

#105 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

Yes but SB graduated and got his degree.

How would you know that? You were there patting him on the back and sloughing down some suds with him as a means of celebration? Oh wait, that's right, you can't know that, so you pretend to believe him as a means of siding against those who have no use for either of you.

SB has demonstrated repeatedly that he maybe has a degree in fashion, but to imagine that he has a degree in linguistics is a real stretch of the imagination and shows a critical lack of discernment on your part.

#106 Parent The Truth And Nothing But The Truth - 2018-03-29

Even if the poster did, what does this tell about the poster's real degrees?

Nothing. Years ago, there were many highly qualified people working at third rate schools because at that time most of the schools in China were like that. It's exactly that situation you also allowed you to teach at a university in Wuhan with your pretend degree in Applied Linguistics. Really worse than that poster you are replying to.

You worked at Guangxi University, a third, no, fourth rate university in China.
#107 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

Huh? Really, daffy? Back on the path of being incomprehensible just so you can defend the toddler's inanity? Being a lickspittle does not become you. One can grow old wisely or one can grow old thinking that age will make them wise. Which are you?

#108 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29

As for myself, I studied law for three years

Yes but SB graduated and got his degree. And you failed at the last post.

#109 Parent Arthur - 2018-03-29

"vomitous" oh la la.... a new word for me.

#110 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

If anything, Silverboy reveals too many details about himself.

Yes, indeed, when he posts vomitous pictures of himself, that is way too revealing.

#111 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

Why would users have to post their resume on the discussion forum? But yes, it's so important for the board to be spammed with all sorts of claptrap for the more useful topics get bumped down the page and then disappear in search engines. How despicable!

#112 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29

And Turnoi kept posting here the "brochures" or descriptions of his new "books", many.... with his real name on the cover.

THAT'S RIGHT.

That heretosay is really wide of the mark with her 'empty vessels dismissive' I can see that SB makes a lot of noise because he has things to tell us, whereas, the aforementioned simply has nowt to tell us.

#113 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

1991-1994 I studied Applied Linguistics.

Nice lie to put on the resume. However, you claimed to have a degree in Applied Linguistics. By the way, what was your minor. What aspect of Applied Linguistics fascinated you the most? I mean, it seems to have in some way captured your interest, so can you explain why?

As for myself, I studied law for three years. I'm putting up my Attorney at Law shingle tomorrow. I mean, you know, teaching is not a real job anyway. Damn, wish I'd thought of that sooner.

#114 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

Your "details" are often the nonsense that's discouraged teachers from participating on the board. If you wrote less about your personal mumbo jumbo and more about esl teaching which is what the board has in its name, you'd do a favor to more souls than you may think. So, the question really is whether you are capable to distinguish in between the "details" that should be debated and "details" that should be left out for the public forums for teachers.

#115 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

And Turnoi kept posting here the "brochures" or descriptions of his new "books", many.... with his real name on the cover.

#116 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29

If anything, Silverboy reveals too many details about himself. There's not a single other poster on this board that I can say that about.

Not now maybe but Turnoi revealed much about himself- even pictures of his own computer room with him sitting at his desk. Pictures of him in full Bishop's regalia with lesser clerics paying homage. Pictures of him playing with a sword. He published far more pics than SB has done. The thing is, SB hasn't got any skeletons in the cupboard so he's not afraid of nutcase -stalkers. I am afraid that some of us have a history, an iffy history.

#117 Parent John O'Shei - 2018-03-29

As I've previously said, NOBODY on this board can really be believed unless they provide the
original copy of their degree and the transcripts.

Nobody is going to do that for obvious reasons.

Nobody should either. There's some dangerous, deranged individuals on this board and there's also that identity fraud issue for people to worry about.

#118 Parent John O'Shei - 2018-03-29

If anything, Silverboy reveals too many details about himself. There's not a single other poster on this board that I can say that about.

#119 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Horrible habits? I can't think of any. I don't smoke and don't do drugs. I don't cheat and lie to others and steal their money. I never ask others for financial assistance ( unlike Chinese women ) I like drinking and whoring however, they are clean and fun habits.

#120 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

1991-1994 I studied Applied Linguistics. It's on my resume. As I am now retired I obviously don't need a resume anymore.

People study different things. I had to learn public speaking ( compulsory at the model and fashion school ) and become good at it when I was a model. I had to attend many high-society functions ( which were actually really boring, YAWN ) apart from the one's where pretty Asian gals where involved ( rare in Brisbane in the late 80's, early 90's )

The interest in linguistics stemmed from that however it is not really useful as far as being a practical skill in the workforce.

As I've previously said, NOBODY on this board can really be believed unless they provide the original copy of their degree and the transcripts.

Nobody is going to do that for obvious reasons.

Hope this clears things up.

Cheers,

SB

#121 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

And you have a teaching degree? Prove it. You can't.

#122 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

I've revealed plenty of details about myself. Probably more than any other poster on here.
When I ask others to reveal themselves, post their pics and provide information they fail to do so.

"Snakes in the long grass and tall reeds", I've said it many times. Cowards.

You worked at Guangxi University, a third, no, fourth rate university in China.

Then you have have the audacity to claim you are a "real" teacher.

I've caught you out in a big lie. You are a fake and a pretender, as big as any other.

#123 Parent Ex-pat - 2018-03-29

Heretosay, pls allow me to suggest a slight correction: SB is NOT a liar; he is simply one who does not tell the truth with respect to his "degree" in Applied Linguistics. :D

Seriously? You believe that?
#124 Parent Ex-pat - 2018-03-29

That's his way of covering up that he is a liar; very obvious.

when a well thought out response would be at least in some way helpful, he attacks like an angry school boy.
#125 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

Good questions. I need to think about them a little more.

#126 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

He does not lie

Seriously? You believe that? If so, I'm curious as to why? Also, do you accept his attacks on others as statements of fact or do you see them as simply that and, therefore, even be it misinformation, it's not really lying? Or, just for fun, let's say he's pretending to be something that he is not, nor will ever actually be capable of being. Say, like lying his way into a teaching job as a pretend teacher. Is that excluded?

What I've noticed is that the people who brag the most really know the least. I also seriously doubt that most posters would reveal details about their lives in this or any other forum, simply because there is no actual means of proof and they could easily be called liars. But putting that digression aside, there is also such a thing as discernment. Along with his racism, misogyny and histrionics, sb's inability to both stay on track and to be truthful are quite discernible if you take the time to connect the dots.

You have only to read current and recent posts to realize that he dodges questions that will out him as a liar. His next tactic is very Trumpish; that is, when a well thought out response would be at least in some way helpful, he attacks like an angry school boy.

#127 Parent Not a Silverboy fan - 2018-03-29

It is clear that he lied with respect to his degree in Applied Linguistics. He doesn't have one in that area. Far too obvious.

#128 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

He does not lie (he has some horrible habits, but lying is not one of them)

#129 Parent heretosay - 2018-03-29

he didn't

Fifi - 2018-03-29
Question for Silverboy

SB, you were in modeling and in construction. Why on earth/in hell did you study linguistics?

Return to Index › Question for Silverboy

Go to another board -