TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Registered Child Sex Offenders Will Soon Have Convictions Noted On Their Passports
#1 Parent In the Know - 2018-03-29
Registered Child Sex Offenders Will Soon Have Convictions Noted On Their Passports

No, a a more holistic approach is needed; and in this, I agree with you. Here is just a reminder: Especially dodgy Chinese schools are known for not honoring the contract terms and mistreat foreign teachers. For the mistreated teacher concerned, this is not fun and will make that person a party taking a stand against his/her dodgy employer. Then, you are not neutral. and unbiased anymore. It's good to fight for one's rights and speak up against dodgy and criminal employers. Blame and shame them i9n public!

Playing one against the other gives readers the idea of unregistered offenders. Should the board cast shaddows on teachers while ignoring employers? Shouldn't we carefully look at the whole industry rather than at one of its weaknesses?
#2 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29
Registered Child Sex Offenders Will Soon Have Convictions Noted On Their Passports

There are far more "schools" in China that are dangerous to work for than pedophiles working for them. Both are dangerous and certainly counter-productive to the safety of children/young students at these "schools". It's absurd to play one against the other, Caring.

Wise words from you, and it's good to see that caring has taken your words on board.

#3 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

Playing one against the other gives readers the idea of unregistered offenders. Should the board cast shaddows on teachers while ignoring employers? Shouldn't we carefully look at the whole industry rather than at one of its weaknesses?

There are far more "schools" in China that are dangerous to work for than pedophiles working for them. Both are dangerous and certainly counter productive to the safety of children/young students at these "schools". It's absurd to play one against the other, Caring
#4 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Considering that most of them never get caught and convicted that will have little effect. The rest of then who never get caught will go on their merry way.

#5 Parent In the Know - 2018-03-29

There are far more "schools" in China that are dangerous to work for than pedophiles working for them. Both are dangerous and certainly counter-productive to the safety of children/young students at these "schools". It's absurd to play one against the other, Caring.

I don't think pedophiles are as dangerous as schools in which esl teachers work.
#6 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29
Re: Registered Child Sex Offenders Will Soon Have Convictions Noted On Their Passports

The link is posted below, Taffy. Here is what you wrote:

Well, paedophilia is mentioned endlessly on this site, seemingly, often, more often than not, apro-pro of nothing, save a strange and unhealthy compulsion to mention it. I would say that pattayan girls has more relevance to a teachers' forum than said subject. Anyway the compulsion to air the word has arrived again so I should comment. If Trumpsey has said (didn't see her post myself) that there's not many Chinese paedophiles in China then I agree with her. Furthermore, paedophiles among the ranks of FT's in China must be exceedingly thin on the ground- even if you don't like other FT's I have spent many years in China- bit of a disgusting place but they are not paedos.

Here's a question for debate. Why do certain posters feel the need to mention paedophiles for precious little reason at all? We used to have a poster on the site who would hint that this or that other poster was a paedo whenever he was getting beaten in an argument. It worked and the poor innocent poster used vanish.
#7 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29
Re: Registered Child Sex Offenders Will Soon Have Convictions Noted On Their Passports

Taffy, you are the one who started the sub-thread on pedos, remember????

No I didn't, Fifi-where is that post, please?

#8 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

Taffy, you are the one who started the sub-thread on pedos, remember????

#9 Parent Brock The Badger - 2018-03-29

I forgot on which thread of this board we were talking about pedos teaching in Asia

WOT! WOT! losing track of your favourite topic!! Why don't you get a paedo watchers' club going complete with badges and wotever? A word to the wise, there are more 'Greater Speckled Warblers' in China than there are Paedos so concentrate your searches elsewhere. Hahaha!

#10 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

I don't think pedophiles are as dangerous as schools in which esl teachers work. But it's good to let employers know that child sex offenders can be identified. How children/parents learn about the shortcomings of schools and their representatives is to be seen (not on the school principals' IDs though).

Curious - 2018-03-29

I forgot on which thread of this board we were talking about pedos teaching in Asia, but here is an interesting bit of info:

"In an effort to curb international child sex trafficking, the State Department announced this week that convicted child sex offenders will now be identified as such in their U.S. passports.

On Tuesday, the State Department announced that the unique identifier would be printed on the inside back cover of passports obtained by registered child sex offenders. The identifier will read: “The bearer was convicted of a sex offense against a minor, and is a covered sex offender pursuant to,” the applicable U.S. law."

Return to Index › Registered Child Sex Offenders Will Soon Have Convictions Noted On Their Passports

Go to another board -