TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re A disgrace: US to allow imports of elephant trophies from Zimbabwe, Zambia
In the Know - 2018-03-29

The issues you mention below are another cup of tea. In my previous post, I tried to point out that a military coup must not always be bad thing. In the 1970s, there was a military coup d'état against the Portuguese dictator Salazar, and the military men making the coup were democratically inspired and true patriots. The Salazar regime had fought a useless war to oppress the liberation movements in Portugal's former African colonies Mocambique and Angola.

Elephant hunting by Americans has been an evil for ages, perhaps interrupted by the Obama administration. In the first place, nations like Zimbabwe and Zambia should not allow this to happen. It's pure exploitation what these wealthy elephant hunters do. It's a shame and disgrace towards God's creation. Plain and simple.

Chinese and other business people have become a problem more recently in Africa. When I was in Kenya (where I was living and working for many years), I had the opportunity to experience Chinese businesses there myself. It was even worse than what I know from businesses in China, and I have met many angry Africans not paid in full or in time by their arrogant and racist Chinese bosses. The only solution I can see is the intellectual, political and social empowerment of African people themselves to put these nasty bosses in their place. Empowerment comes by education and by organising politically, for example, as trade unions. There is an old saying I learned from the IRA:

United we stand, divided we fall!

Very true indeed!

Enlightening reply but what about the elephants and the eager Chinese and American poachers that've just become legal business people?
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re A disgrace: US to allow imports of elephant trophies from Zimbabwe, Zambia

Go to another board -