TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Your Questions Answered!
Taffy - 2018-03-29
In response to Your Questions Answered! (Taffy)

You will only be entitled to free travel if a ticket is
purchased between these hours regardless of the
scheduled departure time. Free travel is based solely on
the time that the ticket is issued.

I have just been sent a free bus pass, together with a piece of paper called YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED. Please take a look at the above helpful answer. What do they mean, when we are talking about not paying for a ticket, a free pass?

By the way, do foreign pensioners living in China (maybe in hothot) get a free bus pass or any free beer, like any old Tom, Dick or Harry does in UK? In fact you can order one on-line while still in Poland and collect it when you arrive at Felixstowe, on the way to The Labour Exchange to collect income support forms.

It's a fact that natural English speaking degreeless teachers, or same teachers with fake degrees, like myself, tend to be better endowed with English language skills than their degree-holding cousins. There is no secret in this, it is because the former have to prove themselves more. So, have you ever stopped to wonder what retired degreeless teachers do? They take peddlers of rotten English to task, that's what they do. I have had a reply from the transport people who were responsible for this (in red) disgusting assault on the language.

Passenger Transport Enquiries

10:16 (34 minutes ago)

to me

Taffy

I agree that it may be confusing for a pass holder, therefore will amend the text on our website and publicity accordingly.

Regards

Chris Mallett
Senior Transport Officer (Information)
Passenger Transport
Resource Management
Suffolk County Council 

Messages In This Thread
Your Questions Answered! -- Taffy -- 2018-03-29
Re Your Questions Answered! -- Taffy -- 2018-03-29
Re Your Questions Answered! -- FT -- 2018-03-29
Re Your Questions Answered! -- FT -- 2018-03-29
Re Your Questions Answered! -- oldtimer -- 2018-03-29
Re Your Questions Answered! -- Foreign Teacher -- 2018-03-29
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Your Questions Answered!

Go to another board -