TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › "Operation Repo", fake?
Silverboy - 2018-03-29

I have been ill lately and not doing much so I have watched a bit of daytime TV.

Maybe Fifi or more specifically someone else who lives in Los Angeles area can answer this:

I watched a show called "Operation Repo". It's been on Aussie TV for roughly 15 months. Apparently this was filmed around the San Fernando Valley in LA area.

When it starts there is a little disclaimer that states the show is a re-enactment of real stories. Basically a group of mean looking men and women go around certain suburbs serving the paperwork on people to re-posess cars, motorcycles and other vehicles. Most of the scenes are over the top, often violent, and fairly ridiculous

The show is quite old, the episodes on Australian TV ( on Channel 1 ) are from 2011. I think the show is defunct now.

I Googled the show and there were people arguing about whether the program is real or not. Many people said it is just all bullshit and all the "stars" of the show are just D-grade actors and actresses who can't get real acting jobs in Hollywood or on mainstream LA television.

A few people said though that the Repo company in the show is in fact real and operates in the San Fernando area. One guy said that one of the guys ( Matt ) came to his house and took his motorcycle. Another guy provided an address and phone number for these REPO guys but another poster said the address does not exist on Google Earth. He called the number and said it was disconnected.

So, I wonder if any California locals on here know anything about this? I also read that one of the female "stars" of the show was arrested for stealing a mans wallet with 3000 USD in it in November 2015.

Messages In This Thread
"Operation Repo", fake? -- Silverboy -- 2018-03-29
Re "Operation Repo", fake? -- Taffy -- 2018-03-29
Re "Operation Repo", fake? -- Silverboy -- 2018-03-29
Re "Operation Repo", fake? -- Another Willie -- 2018-03-29
Re "Operation Repo", fake? -- Trum whistleblower -- 2018-03-29
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › "Operation Repo", fake?

Go to another board -