TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › A good post with little stress
#1 Parent caring - 2018-03-29
Re A good post with little stress

You're truly "Another Willie" so don't worry! I addressed the doctor, not you!

#2 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

Sorry, you are confusing me with someone else. The poster you are replying to is not the "doctor" you are thinking of.

#3 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Ok. Fair enough. I even know some guys in Pattaya who don't fuck the local gals that often. I think though that in the case of horny young and pretty Chinese students an FT is sort of obliged to put them out of their misery. I call it "liberation". They mostly have zero chance of getting laid, the frustrated little lasses. They want a big white cock stuffed deep in their tight Chinese pussy.

#4 Parent Tom - 2018-03-29

I regard it as a good post as I'm making a reasonable living virtually stress-free by working short hours per week.

I did not expect to be held in high esteem here. The fact that I am is not my fault. Naturally, I am greatly flattered by that.

I don't let the respect I get here go to my head. I realize I'm in a bubble here.

I do not expect to be held in high esteem everywhere, or indeed anywhere, where I work.

#5 Parent Tom - 2018-03-29

You may well be correct about some horny female students looking for sex.

However, I can do without sex for months on end. I don't have a strong urge for it. I guess I'm a bit of a slow burner. The right one needs to come along, and in any case I prefer more mature women to young inexperienced female students.

#6 Parent Tom - 2018-03-29

If you are dumb you are dumb. Chinese students are so ------ stupid it is almost beyond comprehension.

Moving to Australia or the USA and attending a university there is not some magic bullet that makes Asian people "smart" all of a sudden. Many of them try to cheat when they attend Western universities because they are not good enough.

I agree, except that I must qualify 'Chinese students' by the adjective 'many'.

As the saying goes, 'you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear'.

#7 Parent FTinPRC - 2018-03-29

If you are dumb you are dumb. Chinese students are so fucking stupid it is almost beyond
comprehension.

Hatred of the 'other tribe' has characterized all aboriginal peoples, a product of innate fear, a dark projection cast by recognition of inadequacy.

In modern western society, be it Muslims or Asians or Women, our white underclass still seeks demons to assuage their diminished national, economic and personal status.

Gold chains, commoditized sex, sedation by alcohol and other drugs, nationalism, racism, sexism mark our current aboriginal man.

Hatred is easy. Love is hard.

#8 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

Doctor, have you been deprived of your medications in Nepal? Your condition is clearly worseniing.

#9 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

Don't be fooled by who they think you are! Chinese schools normally sell their programs with foreign teachers to make themselves look smarter than they are. Whatever you do is, and will be, meaningless to the students' actual academic achievements; however, wherever you're from is significant to their curiousity. So, make sure you don't end up being a "Practice English Machine"!

#10 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

Wise Man, you're one of the sickest trolls on World Wide Web :)

#11 Parent Wise Man - 2018-03-29

I agree with that. I don't think anywhere where students cheat and the teachers do nothing and don't care is a good place.

However, most of China is like that. If you think you are "high status" in a school where everybody cheats, and it's likely the teachers do also, you are deluding yourself.

#12 Parent Wise Man - 2018-03-29

If you are dumb you are dumb. Chinese students are so fucking stupid it is almost beyond comprehension.

Moving to Australia or the USA and attending a university there is not some magic bullet that makes Asian people "smart" all of a sudden. Many of them try to cheat when they attend Western universities because they are not good enough.

I always laugh at Chinese women ( and other Asian women ) in Asia or in the West who claim to have a PhD. It's all bullshit and no man should ever be naive enough to believe such rubbish!

#13 Parent FTinPRC - 2018-03-29

Academic incompetence, inadequate students and unchallenging work pretty much describe what
we have on day to day basis in PRC

In a lecture hall in Harvard or Oxford, surrounded by the West's 'best and brightest', tenured to an institution with an endowment greater than Africa's cumulative GNP, teaching in a world class university tethered to the investment interests of corporate elite benefactors, I'm sure "we" would shine.

China's "inadequate students" are not immune to instruction. Quite the contrary, they respond enthusiastically to their initial exposure to 'Western style' education, to having their voice heard, to participatory learning.

TCM may or may not heal, but TCEducation is certainly stupefying.

Every moment in a classroom with students is an opportunity. If 'we' are unable to motivate our numb Chinese students on their learning journey, what success would 'we' have with Western students accustomed to credentialed professional educators?

No competent doctor complains about having the sickest patients. No eminent lawyer moans about clients in severe legal distress.

What type of teacher complains about students who have been deprived of a proper education?

#14 Parent Reilly - 2018-03-29

"The students are mostly lazy and stoic. Many of them wound up here because they could not be
accepted anywhere else.

Cheating in class is rampant, and overlooked by department heads. If I'd have made an issue
of it, I'd have become unpopular!"

This is considered a good post?

In another post you mentioned something about being held in high esteem. If you are working at such a place as you described above...neither it nor anyone who works/studies there is held in any particular esteem.

#15 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Ok, I sort of mean just women who want to have casual sex,not anything serious. At Chinese universities there are usually more than a few gals who are up for it.

#16 Parent Tom - 2018-03-29

Chinese teachers of English at my college have shown no interest in forming a romantic relationship wth me. I get the feeling they are inhibited by the possibility of being looked down upon by their colleagues if they get too close to me.

My Chinese is still not good enough to converse with native Chinese speakers effectively. I will hold off trying to establish romantic relationships with Chinese women outside of the teaching profession until my Chinese has improved quite a bit.

#17 Parent Tom - 2018-03-29

Yes, higher education in China is generally far less demanding for both students and their lecturers than in the west.

I'm not an academic, so I couldn't get a post at a western college as a lecturer.

Here in my small city, I am considered an expert in English. Of course, I am quite content to allow my undeserved status to continue!

It's great to be held in such high esteem!

#18 Parent BeenThere - 2018-03-29
Re: Re A good post with little stress

Interesting post

#19 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

Academic incompetence, inadequate students and unchallenging work pretty much describe what we have on day to day basis in PRC. You could be in a countryside where nobody cares or in a major city where some local pros create nonsensical systems with masses following them to survive. Either way, you'll see the product (students/intellectuals) that is mostly unable to create a professional piece of work. I have had scores of students at the intermediate level of English who were completely inept to write simple research essays even after two semesters of intensive preparation. Yet, Chinese fly to space for they've copied our technologies, they get to our universities and in many cases corrupt our education all the way as they have money and they are capable to sustain their live styles. How China has had the power to grow at such a pace and to so high proportions when it has such a dificient system is beyond me.

#20 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

What about the women there? You getting much action? I am sure in a backwater like that the local women are hungry for laowai cock.

Tom - 2018-03-29
A good post with little stress

There are lots of small jerkwater cities in China, many located in unfashionable provinces. Nothing ever happens there. Western restaurants of any kind are limited and it is difficult to find much in the way of Western foods. Some of those cities have small colleges. I am presently teaching English at such a college.

The students are mostly lazy and stoic. Many of them wound up here because they could not be accepted anywhere else.

Cheating in class is rampant, and overlooked by department heads. If I'd have made an issue of it, I'd have become unpopular!

You can try your own ideas and see what works. I get my classes miming. I also use my own listening materials to provide a welcome diversion from the boring textbooks prescribed. The dean of the English department doesn't seem to care what I teach. He is laid back and friendly.

Academic management is virtually non-existent. All they care about is not being bothered. Expected outcomes don't exist, I was told just to get the students talking. The main thing is ponctuality and it is very important to teach right up to bell-time.

Average pay, but the money goes far in this underdeveloped place. I can save the equivalent of 500 US amoth and eat well.

The teaching is not at all challenging, and I only have 18 classes a week.

A good post with little stress.

Return to Index › A good post with little stress

Go to another board -