TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Any actual English teaching related posts on this website?
#1 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re Any actual English teaching related posts on this website?

I would also add that when I have changed user names ( not often ) I notified the mods on this board. I also use my real pics on here. So I am the honest one. Cowards like you on the other hand are a different story.

#2 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

I don't use aliases. I changed username briefly a few times. As for academic qualifications you can't prove if mine are real or not. I 've said it before, unless posters show tangible proof in regard to their degrees we can't believe them, that goes for everyone in here. This board will not be taken seriously until it loses it's China focus. This problem has nothing to do with me. I can"t and do not have control over that.

#3 Parent EZ Ryder - 2018-03-29

For reasons that are unclear, this website has chosen to make Silverboy, and his multiple aliases, its poster child. It must be related to statistics. He must generate a lot of hits on the site.

The website should be honest. It can no longer welcome people to the ESL community.

Silverboy has nowhere else to go, so he deserves sympathy. He is out of his depth in discussing anything other than prostitutes or shiny trinkets.

His claims about his academic background are all bogus.

#4 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

For sure your summation of current FT's in China is spot on. The Resume Sectiion is an indicator of the quality of FT's these days both in China and elsewhere. For certain the quality of talent is appalling. I also wonder why most of FT's are ugly, especially many of the women. Often fat or othetwise unappealing, no pride in themselves. You would think they would do something to improve themselves. The Resume Section, yikes! It's an endless train wreck, a horror story! I was always in tip top condition when I worked abroad, unlike the current crop of losers.

#5 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

What's more is that recently we have totally discredited the use of PPT and shut down a poster who was promoting it's use. I remember years ago I also discredited one fool who was advocating the use of that idiotic TPR ( total physical response) "method".These are the sort of morons who give university students in China lollies to "motivate" them! The "teachers" on this board are truly pathetic! They know fuck all!

#6 Parent foxy - 2018-03-29

I suppose I write very well compared to the average FT in China. That's not high praise, but on an ESL forum like this, it can be considered a compliment that is relevant.

You and I were surely among the western high-end talent in China during the periods when we taught ESL here. And judging by the ongoing poor English evident in many of the posts in the forum's Resumes Section from practising western FTs in China, we can certainly assume we would still be among the creme de la creme of FTs in China if we were presently teaching ESL anywhere in the country, even in Shanghai.

#7 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re Count it

Hardly ever responded to my own posts Trumpsey unless I want to clarify certain points of information. You are on a losing streak with that one dear. You and your like are just jealous that I am popular in cyberspace and you are not. I can assure you I get plenty of fan mail. I bet you don't! It's because I m not politically correct and I tell that truth. Drives libtards insane, haha!

#8 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Thanks for the compliment Foxy. You also write very well. I am very impressed by the Foxy icon also, it is one of the best things on this forum.

#9 Parent foxy - 2018-03-29

Another informative and interesting post. You are clearly an accomplished writer!

#10 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

I know that a lot of the Asian nations have a terrible environmental record. Western governments are quite hypocritical in this regard though, criticizing others when their own record sucks.

My state Queensland is called the "Sunshine State", but it should be called "The Land Clearing State". Local and state governments who seem to let developers do whatever they like.

The Gold Coast City Council in Australia will approve anything. They would even approve a 1 km high tower on the beachfront if if it really was feasible!

Some parts of GC have no building height restrictions, so that might not be so far from the truth!

#11 Parent FTinPRC - 2018-03-29
Re Count it

31 of the first 40 postings down the list belong to one
guy, and clicking on those, he seems to be suffering major inferiority complex

He also frequently responds to his own posts.
The 'foxy' writer was a competent thoughtful contributor a couple of years ago.
The new user of that handle is apparently a SB alter ego. Note the pattern of responses.
Histrionic personality disorder.

#12 Parent foxy - 2018-03-29

Bad news, but a good post.

What has been lost is oftentimes irretrievable!

#13 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

I agree. Sadly, this is happening a lot at Brisbane Airport, even now with construction of the new parallel runway and taxiways there. All vegetation cleared and removed, then 15 million cubic metres of sand dumped on the site which was compacted and drained and left to settle for a few years. Will open in 2020. I've driven past the site a few times in the last few years, quite incredible, like looking at a desert where there was former swamp and marshland before.

I am also dismayed when I drive between Brisbane and the Gold Coast these days, all the land clearing. It was nearly all pristine eucalypt forest in the 1970's and 1980's, now just mostly housing, light industry and shopping centres. I've heard this can be seen from space even, comparisons of Brisbane-Gold Coast corridor in satellite photos from the 90's and now.

#14 Parent foxy - 2018-03-29

Swampland reclamation is not a good thing, by and large. It can destroy the habitat of endangered species unique to that kind of natural environment. The photo is that of a mangrove swamp.

Interesting, indeed! As are many of your posts on here. Keep up the good work!

#15 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Language teaching in Japan, whilst still not a career, can be a good job which pays well. Japan is also a very interesting country. On top of that, if some bloke really was looking for wife Japan would be the place to go. An MGTOW however does not marry. A man going his own way does not marry. It defeats the purpose of not surrendering one's will to the social expectations of women and society.

#16 Parent superiority complex - 2018-03-29
Re Count it

You need to educate yourself about MGTOW and the men's rights movement before you make blanket statements and generalizations about the followers. Many adherents to MGTOW were previously married or in so called "serious relationships". The general idea is that marriage is a failure and should be abolished. An MGTOW only lives for himself and does not require validation from women or the general society.

#17 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Thanks so much for that. Gotta love the Bee Gees.

Many people don't know the Gibb brothers actually grew in my home town, Brisbane.

There is even a small lane in Redcliffe north of Brisbane called "Bee Gees Way" full of Bee Gees memorobilia!

They grew up at a place called Cribb Island which was mostly swampland in the 1960's and 1970's.

In the late 1970's the houses and shops on Cribb Island were demolished and the land reclaimed to make way for construction of Brisbane's new domestic airport.

Was a great fishing and crabbing spot according to many old timers, a lot of big muddies ( mud crabs) there!

#18 Parent Doccotton - 2018-03-29
Count it

Just did a quick scan of this site. 31 of the first 40 postings down the list belong to one guy, and clicking on those, he seems to be suffering major inferiority complex issues - look elsewher, methinks

#19 Parent John O'Shei - 2018-03-29

Errrr... Yeah, sorry about that.

The best thing was that we didn't usually need to make any accusations; we let them trip themselves up with their perfect Chinglish, trying to defend bad behaviour in a fake positive review before a foreign teacher posted a real negative one, we watched them to try to perform character assassinations on regular posters with no success, often accusing us hating China because we got fired by a shit school or something; when we're not the ones that need to teach English to survive. They essentially killed themselves off.

We also identified that Wumao tactics from Chinese boards were being used not only to silence political dissenters but those that criticised its ESL industry. We'll never know if this was motivated by the education bureaus, the PSB or just powerful school owners or officials with vested interests. When I first started posting on here, I never thought that we would ever be of such importance, but serious efforts were made to attempt to control the narrative that went far beyond what even the most passionate of individual foreigners would ever dedicate themselves to. There was simply no way that such efforts were being lead by foreigners, we knew that there were Chinese people lurking on this site that had an agenda and at times, a suspiciously nationalistic one.

But really, all foreigners in China are waking up as a whole, some have simply married Chinese wives (the poor bastards) and gone home, some went back to school and got better jobs, some had simply had enough of a country whose overall value proposition in the eyes of foreign teachers was decreasing; the static pay, rising living costs, increased hostility towards foreigners also contributed; I don't even think that we are the only affected ESL site, others are also dying.

Also from a technological perspective, sites like this are now considered prehistoric. Much more is going on within the teaching groups on WeChat these days; we are no longer required. Hence we have descended into mostly discussing the benefits of MGTOW and mocking soyboy beta males now.

#20 Parent foxy - 2018-03-29
#21 Parent Yes - 2018-03-29

that's right/. Japan and other countries are great places to live and teach. Let's hear about them for a change and enough about China.

#22 Parent foxy - 2018-03-29

Yes, he/she has lost again; not unexpected, to be sure.

I have found an appropriately titled song for you!

You Win Again

by the Bee Gees:

http://music.163.com/#/song?id=3953047

I hope you enjoyed listening to it.

#23 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Pot and kettle comes to mind. You are by far the most boring poster ever on here. At least that "heretosay" ( here to talk shit ) poster was good for a laugh with his high and mighty bullshit left wing histrionics. You want to know why this board was so boring? It was and still is too China focused. China has been done to death on here and lost it's lustre long ago. Nobody gives a shit about China anymore. Focus on other things.

#24 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Post stuff about teaching if you must. Not about China though and it's shit culture, schools, and universities Never hear much about Japan, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan, or other Asian countries on here. It's usually, "is XYZ shit training school in China a good place to work"?? Just pathetic!

#25 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
PPT's are for retards and belong in the rubbish bin!

I was just reading a lengthy report from the UK ( back in 2009 ) about the negative aspects and implications of PPT's.

Like how they make individuals become lazy. How they stifle creativity. Like how they prevent the user from engaging in eye contact with the audience and real communication. How they are boring and tedious. How they become a crutch for those with little or no imagination.

Power Point should only be used VERY SPARINGLY and on a minimal basis. You would know however that in many schools and businesses they are used on a WEEKLY BASIS.

Some fools use them on a DAILY BASIS, FFS! This is especially the case in China.

PPT's belong in the dustbin of history as far as I'm concerned. FUCK PPT's and "PPT CULTURE".

#26 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Power Point kills critical analysis and critical thought process.

A Power Point presentation is controlled by and dominated by the speaker.

Useless in an oral English class or any situation where cross-communication skills are vital.

#27 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

You lose again!

#28 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

You are correct. The village idiot and beta male coward on this board suggests FT's rely on PPT's. He obviously has zero credibilty in the teaching world.

#29 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

So, you're the hero for making the board so dull :)

#30 Parent foxy - 2018-03-29

Haven't you given a piece of advice recently to your fellow teachers reading the board not to use PPT as a teaching aid?

Well said, indeed!

#31 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29

Nope, I'm afraid not! That's a good thing!

All the GW's and pro-China lackeys have been driven off this site by myself and others.

Good riddance to the lot of em!

longtimelurker - 2018-03-29
Any actual English teaching related posts on this website?

Does anyone actually post any useful tidbits on English teaching on here anymore ?
In the past I acquired a few good idea from this site. Now it just seems to be a personal opinion site, that's just my opinion lol

Return to Index › Any actual English teaching related posts on this website?

Go to another board -