TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › There but for the grace of God....
#1 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29
Re: Re There but for the grace of God....

Yes. His "wisdom" is not to post any wisdom, and the trivial drivel he posts has been stolen from the corpses at the cemetery near his house, lol.

I can't think what pearls of wisdom Willie has posted. Maybe not even one!
#2 Parent UNCARING - 2018-03-29

Fair enough!

#3 Parent UNCARING - 2018-03-29

I have to agree. Your input on your experience with your pension funds and how Chinese banks are dealing with it reflect an important aspect of life for foreign teachers in China as it may also happen to other people.

Agreed.

A hypothetical situation:

A young FT is whisked away to the PSB HQ after having been caught 'teaching' kids illegally at a private Chinese kindergarten. His/her passport will be taken from him/her. He/she will have to sign and fingerprint a form admitting guilt and apologizing for having broken China's visa laws. If he/she refuses to sign, it'll be immediate incarceration.

The PSB will issue a kind of bill to be settled by the FT within 10 days, and it must be settled at a specified branch, the money to be paid into the PSB bank account at said branch by a specified date, probably 7 days from the date of apprehension of the errant FT. The bill will be made up of the fine and the cost of a 10-day stay visa, the start date of the visa will be the date of apprehension.

So, let's presume the FT has insufficient funds to pay the bill and a one-way air ticket to his/her homeland. He/she has to act fast, and contacts his/her parents in the west urging them to send a specified amount of western currency to China fast. (Note, RMB can't be sent!) But the western bank uses the FT's abbreviated name, which doesn't match his/her Chinese bank account name, which is necessarily the same as his/her name in his/her passport. So the Chinese bank refuses to enact the transfer.

Result, detention!

Note: His/her parents should have highlighted the importance to the transferring bank of using the young FT's full name at the time the telegraphic transfer was arranged. But it's likely the parents wouldn't have known about this potential banana skin unless their son/daughter had known it and told them! If the young BOGUS FT had read this on ESLTB, he/she would have been aware of it!

I can't think what pearls of wisdom Willie has posted. Maybe not even one!

#4 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

Well, I am also a dinosaur in not using a smartphone. I simply can't handle it technically, lol.

By contrast, I'm a proud dinosaur; I still use hard cash and my cellphone ain't a smartphone/iphone! I have never had a smart/credit/debit card in my life.
#5 Parent UNCARING - 2018-03-29

I have to agree. Your input on your experience with your pension funds and how Chinese banks are dealing with it reflect an important aspect of life for foreign teachers in China as it may also happen to other people. So it's good know and a legitimate post about it on this board.

Yes, you're quite right to agree. But there's a lot more to this than obstructive Chinese bank staff!

When in China, you can also be obstructed by illogical and unnecessary rules and regulations imposed by western OCCUPATIONAL pension providers, both public and private. Now, I'm not talking about the UK STATE pension administrators. That said, given my negative experiences with western OCCUPATIONAL pension providers while in China, I would expect to be obstructed by UK STATE pension administrators too while residing here.

The western obstruction that has annoyed me most is all this crap about verifying my address.

No need to place any importance on where I am residing because:

1 - My Chinese bank account has no information about my address. (That applies to Chinese people too.)

2 - In the UK, I can use a recent utility bill to verify my address, but in China utility bills are issued to my apartment; they don't bear my name.

3 - The only way I can get a telegraphic transfer of western currency entered into my Chnese bank account is initially to provide my passport with its valid visa at the bank in person; the bank will then check my visa for its validity and compare my name in my passport and my bank account number with those details provided by the instigator of the telegraphic transfer, namely the western pension provider. Only when there is an exact match, will the telegraphic transfer be enacted. There is no chance of fraud occurring.

BTW, western offshore fund administrators can be equally obstructive.

What Willie had said about bank cheques and aeroplanes is the biggest load of crap I've come across in a long time! Geez, my better half uses her smartphone to pay restaurant bills! Also, people here tend not to have smart cards!

By contrast, I'm a proud dinosaur; I still use hard cash and my cellphone ain't a smartphone/iphone! I have never had a smart/credit/debit card in my life. However, I used to have a cheque book linked to my deposit account, but that was back in the day in the UK!

#6 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29
Who brought back Fake LondonGirl.

You certainly are not a teacher and as such not competent enough to form an educated opinion of what good teaching is that has a lasting impact on early childhood kids. So, I won't waste my time on discussing the pro and cons of edutainment used at EF with you. BTW, EF is a bottom-of-the-barrel pretend "school" only interested in a maximum profit, and therefore it is totally irrelevant what EF does. Now, dance, dance, dance the monkey dance. Or take your bike with a bottle of Gin in your right hand, lol.

Teachers who know how to teach kids with fun activities give the kids the desire to learn more: These days, the most precious teaching that a teacher can do is to give a taste for learning more.
#7 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

If I received some letters of appreciation from you or your kind like Taffy, I must have done something wrong.

It'll be a cold day in hell before Turnoi gets any letters of appreciation like yours.
#8 Parent LG Fan - 2018-03-29
Re: Re Who brought back LondonGirl.

Teachers who know how to teach kids with fun activities give the kids the desire to learn more: These days, the most precious teaching that a teacher can do is to give a taste for learning more.

#9 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

Really? Hard to believe. However, I couldn't care less. White dancing monkeys at EF are useless, you know.

I am no taffy, sweetheart.

#10 Parent Alias Taffy - 2018-03-29
Re Who brought back LondonGirl.

I know for 100 % that it won't be the first time that you resurrect the LG matter - the last time you did was when you were challenged on posting your daughter's pics on here by HERETOSAY (or another poster?) on here.

In return, you started a campaign against that poster. I intervened and supported that poster, and it seemed you were a bit in trouble when I was reminding you of your smear campaign on degreediscussion.com some years ago. Then you had nothing better to do to bring up the LG matter again, which in turn made me earn another shit storm. You always do such things when it gets inconvenient for you because of your tactlessness. People who act in such situations like you are normally those that I would describe as "characterless"; that is you won't take any responsibility whatever for your doing.

Since I have got better things to do than spending too much of my time on such issues, it may suffice to state that you better piss off in case you decide to post more of your lies.

You are trying to confuse matters, Turnoi. The post you answered posed the question "Who brought up the LondonGirl situation, this time? Was it me? No it wasn't! Was it you or Silverboy? I suspect it was SB. Or was it you? Half the problems you had with LG was evasion, you created a fog to mask the real questions and a Grimpen Mire, to opportunistically suck in the good guy. Anyway, take it up with LG herself, she has sent you a post.

#11 Parent foxy - 2018-03-29

I think 'Willie' is the best username for you.

I also think 'Fifi' should change her username to 'Wilma'.

However, as I had suggested before, 'Another Willie' is a poor choice of username for Turnoi. I see that poster 'caring' thinks so too. Yet he never replied to my post suggesting that a few days ago. In case Turnoi has missed that post by caring, I have posted the link below. Herr Doktor might well take said sound advice from poster caring, whereas he likely wouldn't accept it from me.

http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/forum/index. pl?read=150651

BTW, I might well change my username to 'uncaring' in the near future as I think it would be more appropriate for me!

#12 Parent Alias Taffy - 2018-03-29

Another Willie aka Turnoi had posted that "You seem to have too much time ON YOUR HAND to post useless drivel on here. Other people like me are still busy with

other things. https://prnt.sc/i06d95 "

Allow me to clarify wot he actually meant to say.

He meant to say that you seem to have too much FREE time ON YOUR HANDs, so you have time to post useless drivel on here. In contrast, he, like other people, is still busy with other things. Then he gives an example of such a thing.

I think he's right.

BTW, I have a small scar ON MY HAND, the right one, actually. Sorry for my useless drivel!

Yup, my conclusion is that a non-native speaker of English has put you down again.

What happened to you, for Christs sake, you used to have a good healthy dislike for Turnoi and Silverboy?? Did you slip on wet tiles and hit your head against the iron bath?! Wots going on!! I mean another poster made a point of showing her shock at wot you had become! That was only'tuther day. Now is I right or is I right?

#13 Parent Alias Taffy - 2018-03-29

I enjoy reading Taffy's posts about home renovation. Mostly when they come with pictures.

That's good. It'll be a cold day in hell before Turnoi gets any letters of appreciation like yours. Thank you. Please note, I don't write sleazily and Turnoi has a track record of giving vulgar posts the thumbs up, when he wants to keep in with certain posters. He has tried to distance himself from bawdy cronies recently, including a life long friend , SB.

#14 Parent LG - 2018-03-29

I am no taffy, sweetheart.

#15 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

I will not comment on the LG matter now; my opinion regarding this is entirely different from yours. The fact that this matter has been brought up again - not by her but another poster - only indicates that this poster (most likely the poster with the Taffy nick) again has got some problems with the fact that he had been challenged again on this board because of his useless drivel posted here. He has done so in the past with his own agenda in mind to spread division.

To the Curious poster: If you think that the LG poster had been unfairly treated, you should have had the balls to intervene actively on this board at that time when it was necessary. Over the years, I stood up for certain posters on this board when I thought they were unfairly treated and earned a shit storm and some other personal inconveniences in return. I won't complain because I knew it would be like this BEFORE I intervened. Complaining now is useless and meaningless.

#16 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

I know for 100 % that it won't be the first time that you resurrect the LG matter - the last time you did was when you were challenged on posting your daughter's pics on here by HERETOSAY (or another poster?) on here.

In return, you started a campaign against that poster. I intervened and supported that poster, and it seemed you were a bit in trouble when I was reminding you of your smear campaign on degreediscussion.com some years ago. Then you had nothing better to do to bring up the LG matter again, which in turn made me earn another shit storm. You always do such things when it gets inconvenient for you because of your tactlessness. People who act in such situations like you are normally those that I would describe as "characterless"; that is you won't take any responsibility whatever for your doing.

Since I have got better things to do than spending too much of my time on such issues, it may suffice to state that you better piss off in case you decide to post more of your lies.

Right, Turnoi, SB,and Foxy are you okay with that that the perpetrator should be now tracked down and named? I am happy with any outcome which names the recent poster who restarted the LG controversy.
#17 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

I enjoy reading Taffy's posts about home renovation. Mostly when they come with pictures.

#18 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

I have to agree. Your input on your experience with your pension funds and how Chinese banks are dealing with it reflect an important aspect of life for foreign teachers in China as it may also happen to other people. So it's good know and a legitimate post about it on this board. Comparing that with what the Taffy poster used to post about, I can only say that the contents posted by the Taffy poster - for example about renovation work in his house or apartment in China - is hardly of any interest to any other poster except himself. I expect more drivel to come from his side, and this board's relevance will be brought down again to another level of depth unless the mods decide to stop it for once and for all.

Were he to take my advice, the added advantage for us would be that he would be unable to post on this board, meaning we wouldn't have to respond to useless drivel in an attempt to stop it appearing again and again!
#19 Parent foxy - 2018-03-29

Another Willie aka Turnoi had posted that "You seem to have too much time ON YOUR HAND to post useless drivel on here. Other people like me are still busy with other things. https://prnt.sc/i06d95 "

Allow me to clarify wot he actually meant to say.

He meant to say that you seem to have too much FREE time ON YOUR HANDs, so you have time to post useless drivel on here. In contrast, he, like other people, is still busy with other things. Then he gives an example of such a thing.

I think he's right.

BTW, I have a small scar ON MY HAND, the right one, actually. Sorry for my useless drivel!

Yup, my conclusion is that a non-native speaker of English has put you down again.

#20 Parent Alias Taffy - 2018-03-29
Who brought back LondonGirl.

I think LG stands for London Girl, and that the discussion about her that Taffy is trying his damnedest to resurrect is a hoary old chestnut.

All I want to say is if any posters suspect others of being potential snitches, they should feed 'em false news. Any scumbag snitches lurking on the board will then be kept busy in a fruitless and time-wasting exercise trying to get their so-called internet friends into trouble.

Some of the stuff I have posted contains deliberate false information in order to frustrate scumbag snitches by giving 'em red herrings to pursue.

Hang on a bit, Foxy. It was either Silverboy or Turnoi or you maybe who resurrected the London Girl shame. We should ask Fifi who is trained in tracking down these things. Right, Turnoi, SB,and Foxy are you okay with that that the perpetrator should be now tracked down and named? I am happy with any outcome which names the recent poster who restarted the LG controversy.

Not that there should be any shame in bringing back this story but the poster who did had a negative agenda. I rather feel it was foxy's new hero, SB.

#21 Parent foxy - 2018-03-29

At the time of LG's so-called shaming, I hadn't followed the relevant thread(s).

However, since then there was solid information posted that confirmed her shaming online had taken place.

Shame on her shamers?

Yes, indeed!

But sadly those who should be ashamed won't be.

They remind me of scorpions.

#22 Parent Curious - 2018-03-29

I am still sad when I think of the way LG was treated. Shame on her shamers.

#23 Parent foxy - 2018-03-29

I think LG stands for London Girl, and that the discussion about her that Taffy is trying his damnedest to resurrect is a hoary old chestnut.

All I want to say is if any posters suspect others of being potential snitches, they should feed 'em false news. Any scumbag snitches lurking on the board will then be kept busy in a fruitless and time-wasting exercise trying to get their so-called internet friends into trouble.

Some of the stuff I have posted contains deliberate false information in order to frustrate scumbag snitches by giving 'em red herrings to pursue.

#24 Parent foxy - 2018-03-29

I feel I have to agree with you.

Said poster of useless drivel, who is no doubt a subscriber to publications such as Reader's Digest containing articles and stories suitable for old biddies would be better occupied riding around his Blighty county of residence free by virtue of his pensioner's bus pass taking care not to bore his fellow passengers with his inane drivel, if at all possible.

Were he to take my advice, the added advantage for us would be that he would be unable to post on this board, meaning we wouldn't have to respond to useless drivel in an attempt to stop it appearing again and again!

#25 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

You seem to have too much time on your hand to post useless drivel on here. Other people like me are still busy with other things.

https://prnt.sc/i06d95

#26 Parent Alias Taffy - 2018-03-29

Exactly. And that is why a poster otherwise known as "Taffy" and now also as "Alias Taffy" is behind this "LG" post. Talking to yourself again?, lol.

Wasn't me. I am actually disposed towards not attacking Turnoi now, enough being enough. The LG one was a good one and I got drawn in (not her fault) I must admit it was well written and could well have been LondonGirl. Only the moderator will know..maybe. So, if the moderator spotted my IP on that post I am quite happy for her to disclose it. Let's hope the LG poster writes again.

#27 Parent FTinPRC - 2018-03-29
Re There but for the grace of God....

I myself have no
objection to a poster having an occasional extra identity but a couple are doing it as a
matter of course and maybe up to three different identities in one session from one
poster-

Talking to oneself is not uncommon. Internal multi-voice dialogs are symptomatic of mental illness.
At least the 'Men's Women-Hater Club' had multiple actual members. MGTOW voices on this site are fragments of SB psychosis.

#28 Parent foxy - 2018-03-29

Yep, sadly Fifi comes across as a brainless individual.

He/she is nobody worthy of our respect, just a Willie poster yes man/yes woman!

#29 Parent Another poster - 2018-03-29

Where did you leave your brain?

#30 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

Exactly. And that is why a poster otherwise known as "Taffy" and now also as "Alias Taffy" is behind this "LG" post. Talking to yourself again?, lol.

But some posts leave such a strong smell that we can recognize the poster even when he uses many handles.
#31 Parent Alias Taffy - 2018-03-29

I agree with you about using handles.
But some posts leave such a strong smell that we can recognize the poster even when he uses many handles. A case in mind: Turnoi. It's the smell of sleeping with a lot of clothes under a lot of blankets and not taking a shower too often.

Hahaha! Comes of sleeping rough. He's brought an old haversack with him but all he's got in it are changes of identity. To be honest he feels badly let down by the moderator and can't even bring himself to parade the name that 'old nick' gave him. So, Turnoi, LG, says, you need a nice hot shower...maybe some de-lousing, pop them dentures in a glass of sulphuric acid for the night and be bushy-tailed for forum-duty at 6 sharp. Get it? Got it? Good! And don't have a nightmare thinking about the initials of the other poster 'LG' and who wot it can mean?

#32 Parent LG - 2018-03-29

I agree with you about using handles.
But some posts leave such a strong smell that we can recognize the poster even when he uses many handles. A case in mind: Turnoi. It's the smell of sleeping with a lot of clothes under a lot of blankets and not taking a shower too often.

#33 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

What about "Another Turnoi" ?

#34 Parent Alias Taffy - 2018-03-29

I suspect you mean more right than left.
I don't have a problem with expressions of conservative ideology. There are many good minds represented among the right.
But misogyny and nonsense are not indicative of political thought. Foul sprinklings of such drivel is to be expected on a public forum. But the past few months have been a torrent of SB mania. Note that once he promises a 3 week rehab, new voices appear.

Yes, thanks.

These new voices are penned by the same posters you were on about. For example Deborah Thistlewaite is a name I made up during answering a post some time ago(tickled a fancy) and now guess who has copied it? So, if SB takes a break posters might double their efforts by taking on extra identities. This of course doesn't help. I myself have no objection to a poster having an occasional extra identity but a couple are doing it as a matter of course and maybe up to three different identities in one session from one poster- That is taking the piss!!

#35 Parent Comrade Lenin - 2018-03-29

Exactly.

I don't have a problem with expressions of conservative ideology. There are many good minds
represented among the right.
But misogyny and nonsense are not indicative of political thought. Foul sprinklings of such
drivel is to be expected on a public forum.
#36 Parent Alias Taffy - 2018-03-29

Dear comrade, the central committee of this Board's Communist Party has decided to pass judgment on you for your undisciplined remarks below undermining our common cause, communism. It's totally false what you claim in your sectarian statement below. The left-wingers are still there, especially Sister Fifi with her motorbike. She now turns left with her motorbike to meet you and invite you to the next meeting of the party's central committee where you will be expected to deliver a statement of self-criticism for the damage you have done to our common political cause.
Regards,
Wladimir I. Lenin, Secretary of the Central Committee :D

However, the only reason that this forum is more left than right is that your comrades stay away.

I wonder what type of bike Fifi has got? Do you think she has a special top secret encrypted phone on it so as the board can contact her if she's on a long trip? Do you think she has ultra tight leathers that cause crashes on busy junctions? Does she just whoosh away leaving them all to it and give them all a V-sign and shout "Up yours pervert" before she becomes a dot on the horizon?

Been meaning to have a word with you. MY intelligence network have asked me when the moderator will release the handle 'Turnoi' to another poster who wants to use it. I think it's fair if we give you another two weeks to reclaim your old handle. You can't occupy a fake handle forever if you don't use it. We should see what Fifi has to say about this matter. What do other posters think, can we allow its release on a first come first served basis? Fair is fair.

#37 Parent FTinPRC - 2018-03-29

However,
the only reason that this forum is more left than right is that your comrades stay away.

I suspect you mean more right than left.
I don't have a problem with expressions of conservative ideology. There are many good minds represented among the right.
But misogyny and nonsense are not indicative of political thought. Foul sprinklings of such drivel is to be expected on a public forum. But the past few months have been a torrent of SB mania. Note that once he promises a 3 week rehab, new voices appear.

#38 Parent Wladimir Ilyitch Lenin - 2018-03-29

Dear comrade, the central committee of this Board's Communist Party has decided to pass judgment on you for your undisciplined remarks below undermining our common cause, communism. It's totally false what you claim in your sectarian statement below. The left-wingers are still there, especially Sister Fifi with her motorbike. She now turns left with her motorbike to meet you and invite you to the next meeting of the party's central committee where you will be expected to deliver a statement of self-criticism for the damage you have done to our common political cause.
Regards,
Wladimir I. Lenin, Secretary of the Central Committee :D

However, the only reason that this forum is more left than right is that your comrades stay away.
#39 Parent Deborah Thistlethwaite - 2018-03-29

To escape boring work, you should become an active part of SB's intelligence network. I take care of the roses in my garden; and that's so exciting, especially in winter time! :D

Sanding down woodwork today, really boring.
#40 Parent Alias Taffy - 2018-03-29

George Sylvester Viereck is an appropriate source to quote on this forum. A national socialist enamored of Hitler's Aryan ganglia.

Thats cool, Sister! I was just saying to My Old Dutch, this is a good bit of info, that Trumpsey has furnished. This is also good . http://www.psychanalyse.lu/articles/FreudInterview.pdf And you can download it. However, the only reason that this forum is more left than right is that your comrades stay away.

#41 Parent FTinPRC - 2018-03-29

"A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry, predestines the
sinner or the saint"

George Sylvester Viereck is an appropriate source to quote on this forum. A national socialist enamored of Hitler's Aryan ganglia.

#42 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29
Re: There but for the grace of God....

You will be OK, Taffy. College is only 10 years away. They will pass fast. Hang in there.

Alias Taffy - 2018-03-29
There but for the grace of God....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5413747/millionaire-antiques-dealer-strangles-daughter-7-death/

This looks a kindly man, and I suppose he normally well may have been. What could have happened, a chance blow to the head, a ganglion gone awry? And we could all turn into monsters. God knows where we'll all be ten years hence- perhaps in gaol, the pariah of the wing, our crimes so reprehensible, that even a bloke who axed a pensioner in the park may feel superior. "A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry, predestines the sinner or the saint" Makes working for a deechery a pretty appealing alternative.

Sanding down woodwork today, really boring.

Return to Index › There but for the grace of God....

Go to another board -