TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Jobs, Accomodation and Central Heating
#1 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29
Re Jobs, Accomodation and Central Heating

Yes, indeed! In Nepal, there are agents luring unsuspecting newbies (that is: young, unemployed people) into jobs with unreliable and crappy employers in the Arab Gulf states. These agents lie about everything and get you jobs for 400 USD a month; the agents fee collected in advance is 4000 USD. They are also getting paid by crappy employers there. I have warned Nepalese people whenever I could. I helped a Nepalese friend out by paying for his airfare back to Nepal when he couldn't stand it anymore because of the heat (working on a construction site for a football stadion in the desert- what a shit job!)!!!!!!!

Anyway, many corporations are agencies, most of which are no better than agencies for EFL teaching in China to work for.
#2 Parent UNCARING - 2018-03-29

Corporations should be socially responsible. I personally am not part of any corporation and just a private individual. Hence, I have my own personal social responsibility.

Anyway, many corporations are agencies, most of which are no better than agencies for EFL teaching in China to work for.

#3 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

No. I even don't know what it is.

Are you working towards the internet gratifying reward system?

Corporations should be socially responsible. I personally am not part of any corporation and just a private individual. Hence, I have my own personal social responsibility.

What do you think about the Corporate Social Responsibility?

#4 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

Are you working towards the internet gratifying reward system? What do you think about the Corporate Social Responsibility?

My "Snowy" Question:
Anyhow, are there any jobs in a snowy Taiwan?
Your Purposely Obtuse Reply:
I have seen some job ads for university professors in English Language and Literature, well-paid.
#5 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

I have seen some job ads for university professors in English Language and Literature, well-paid.

Anyhow, are there any jobs in a snowy Taiwan?
#6 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

A few below freezing with snow and freezing rain for past 3 days. If power gets knocked off, we'll be literally freezing too. What gets me is that people live a fairly good lives here. My neighbor drives a pretty fancy car but doesn't get his living room warmer than outside. Feels like in a cave when you sit down for a tea with him there. People truly have different values which is why the world may be so apart. Chinese play a real game in the energy sector. Anyhow, are there any jobs in a snowy Taiwan?

Oh yes. In those parts of China south of the Yangzi River houses traditionally have no heating. The same in Taiwan
#7 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

Oh yes. In those parts of China south of the Yangzi River houses traditionally have no heating. The same in Taiwan. The only thing you can do is covering yourself with a lot of blankets in bed and wear thick cloth during the colder periods of the year. When I was in Kathmandu during December and January (this year), it was the same: no heating in my hotel room. I knew it before and was prepared to cope with it.

In places with cold winters an office/classroom may have some paid for heating but your home may not. This means that even if you get some sort of a heater in your dorm or appartment, you may feel cold and under the pressure to spend more money than you expect during the cold spells. Utilities in nations such as China where winters in provinces such as Hunan may, and currently are, quite cold, and so they may go over 150 dollars per month.
caring - 2018-03-29
Jobs, Accomodation and Central Heating

In places with cold winters an office/classroom may have some paid for heating but your home may not. This means that even if you get some sort of a heater in your dorm or appartment, you may feel cold and under the pressure to spend more money than you expect during the cold spells. Utilities in nations such as China where winters in provinces such as Hunan may, and currently are, quite cold, and so they may go over 150 dollars per month. Therefore, I urge all readers who plan to assume their employment in some parts of the world to check their employment agreements for terms and conditions not to be surprised one day.

Take Care
Caring

Return to Index › Jobs, Accomodation and Central Heating

Go to another board -