TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › For a Nepal of free and equal citizens!
#1 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29
Re: Re For a Nepal of free and equal citizens!

This is because of an attitude like that that he lost an eye in an East German prison. Don't worry, his karma follows him.

#2 Parent Alias Taffy - 2018-03-29

What about your fake Mandarin grammar book you posted about on here earlier?

No idea what you're on about. I have never posted a grammar book of mine or anybody else's calling it mine . This is a trait of your's, you are the rather unwashed and disheveled straw-man. I think LG said something similar about you in your many blankets. I see you managed to shut her up in your time-tested way the other day of thinly veiled threats and blackmail. Most people give way to psychotic types as an argument can't be won against a psychopath.

#3 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

What about your fake Mandarin grammar book you posted about on here earlier?
I hear it is a plagiarized work of R.Y. Chao's famous Mandarin grammar....
Do you know what a 把-construction is and how it is used? It relates to removing the corpses from the cemetery near your house and to get rid of them in your swimming pool infested with piranhas..-..lool

#4 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

His "master" is his other user name. It may take 10 hours for messages to be poster but from Nepal those words come so fast one after the other. Whether my thoughts get through this tunnel remains to be seen.

#5 Parent Alias Taffy - 2018-03-29

My way of working can be seen here, for example:

Yes. you might just as well have put it: "My way of copying can be seen"

#6 Parent Alias Taffy - 2018-03-29

You're a basket case.

I won't be replying to any posts from you or from your other handles Fifi, Williie, wotever.

I advise other readers to do likewise.

Time to starve a net troll to death.

You're a bullyboy like your master- using the name UNCARING to squeeze out another poster.

#7 Parent Alias Taffy - 2018-03-29

Taffy, now you are me and I am you!
It did not happen on a remote island under a palm tree, but it happened!!!
One never knows!
Tell a Friend

As long as we've found each other, Fifi- albeit the instrument was one of Turnoi's bullies. I say 'one of' but he can only boast one at the moment.

#8 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

Agreed. Send him some piranhas to help him vanish, lol.

#9 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

Taffy, now you are me and I am you!
It did not happen on a remote island under a palm tree, but it happened!!!
One never knows!

#10 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

You are talking about your own work experience posing as a fake teacher of Chinese while not knowing any word of Chinese at all. My way of working can be seen here, for example:

http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/forum/index.pl?read=150689

But you are probably too incompetent to see difference, lol.

As you know I have always admired the magnitude of the work you do copying other peoples work to label as your own. All the mandarin you copy and paste is breathtaking, when you consider you don't speak a word of the language.
#11 Parent UNCARING - 2018-03-29

You're a basket case.

I won't be replying to any posts from you or from your other handles Fifi, Williie, wotever.

I advise other readers to do likewise.

Time to starve a net troll to death.

#12 Parent Alias Taffy - 2018-03-29

I remember you telling us there is a cemetery near your house. Trivial or not like anything else you post on here, try there for a change, lol.

I was wondering that since you excel in copying&pasting old books etceteras, have you ever copied a death certificate- for a con scam ,you understand.? Or do you stop at the Pink Emperor and doctorate degrees? As you know I have always admired the magnitude of the work you do copying other peoples work to label as your own. All the mandarin you copy and paste is breathtaking, when you consider you don't speak a word of the language.

#13 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

When he will "understand" anything, it will be too late as doomsday will have come by then, lol.

You live in the present moment, you live in 2018, you understand the 6 year olds of today. Not many old folks can say that.
#14 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

I remember you telling us there is a cemetery near your house. Trivial or not like anything else you post on here, try there for a change, lol.

Anyway I am ill with a stomach wotsit today and somehow I need to survive until 12 and take the girl to school. She has suddenly started saying to me (when she's cross)"Leave my house and don't come back!"
#15 Parent Fifi - 2018-03-29

Your life is interesting, Taffy.
You live in the present moment, you live in 2018, you understand the 6 year olds of today. Not many old folks can say that.
You will need support, Taffy, when she starts adolescence. She is already telling you to f**k off. Imagine at the age of 13.
Mind you, in the perspective of eternity, it's all good: The new generations have to show the finger to the previous generations. It's even like that in the animal world (little skunks, for example, are totally impossible to take; and all those videos of lion cubs pulling the ears and tail of their big ferocious fathers. On the first encounter, nothing less).
Hang in there, old chap. There is redemption in what you are doing and not doing.

#16 Parent Alias Taffy - 2018-03-29

Dull!!!
Bring LG

Leave it to her, she might not want to engage those (only about 2 of them) posters at the trough again. Either way she won't need any help from the likes of me, so I would keep out of it largely.

Anyway I am ill with a stomach wotsit today and somehow I need to survive until 12 and take the girl to school. She has suddenly started saying to me (when she's cross)"Leave my house and don't come back!" It's a mystery, she wouldn't hear heated language like that in this household. So no running today. I can't go to bed as small girls are demanding.

#17 Parent UNCARING - 2018-03-29

Your user name's the working progress here:)I agree with you.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

#18 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

Yes, UNCARING is a nice name- contrasting with your CARING nick, lol.

#19 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

Your user name's the working progress here:)

I agree with you.
#20 Parent UNCARING - 2018-03-29

I agree with you.

#21 Parent LG Fan - 2018-03-29

No, no, old man. She is a sunny day. You are a dark rainy night. Know your place.

#22 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

Someone like LG who lies about her degrees only to look good is a complete failure - in the profession of teaching, in personal life and on this board,lol.

#23 Parent LG Fan - 2018-03-29

Dull!!!
Bring LG

#24 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29
Re For a Nepal of free and equal citizens!

I actually do several practical things; I did not mention them in detail since I felt I should not emphasize my own contribution too much. However, since you are asking I will list some:

1. I am supervising the Dhimal dissertation process of my graduate student as a volunteer; it has been an ongoing work for several years, and it is hard and intensive work.

2. I visit the areas where these national minorities live and assist them in their work on illiteracy programs, preparing primers, dictionaries, grammars and language reform in workshops and by giving individual linguistic advice when asked for it.

3. I am actively involved in teacher training, also as a volunteer.

4. I pay all my expenses for travel out of my own pocket, and I also donate funds for those projects.

Now, how do you think you participate in the contribution process?
#25 Parent caring - 2018-03-29
Re For a Nepal of free and equal citizens!

I relate to your sentiment proportionately. Now, how do you think you participate in the contribution process?

I as a foreigner personally feel privileged to be small part of such a process with the opportunity to contribute a little. It’s one of the rarer opportunities in life to put one own’s education to good and responsible use in helping out others for the common good of society.
Another Willie - 2018-03-29
For a Nepal of free and equal citizens!

The Dhimal are an ethnic minority group of some 20,000 native speakers with two major dialects (Eastern and Western). They live in southeastern Nepal and across the border in India. Dhimal certainly is one of endangered languages likely to become extinct during the next decade(s). In the period of monarchy in Nepal (till about 2008 when the last, rather unpopular king had to abdicate), all ethnic minority groups were looked down upon by the major part of dominating Nepali society with its Hindu-based cultural roots. Areas where those ethnic minority groups traditionally live, in consequence, are the least developed in Nepal because of the lacking willingness of former central governments to spend funds, efforts and energy on the development of the latter.

No wonder then that strong resistance against discrimination and government policies developed in these areas over time, resulting in a brutal civil war between local (mostly Maoist-inspired) guerilla groups and Nepalese military. The central government lost control over most of these areas during that civil war. Today, things have changed somewhat with the consequence that Nepal has become a Federal Republic and a new constitution affirming the equal rights of all ethnic groups living in Nepal with an explicit statement that all languages spoken by the ethnic groups in Nepal have equal status with Nepali functioning as a lingu franca among all those different ethnic groups.

Dhimal certainly with its 20, 000 native speakers or so is one of the smallest language groups compared for example with Limbu of several hundred thousand native speakers.

Now, that the civil war in Nepal is over, “their swords are beaten into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks” - to use a phrase from Isaiah 2:4. Now, former guerilla fighters are working on literacy, grammar, dictionary and language reform projects of these ethnic minority languages, with some of them (including Dhimal) were hitherto unwritten languages. Qualified linguists and language teachers form an essential part of such an ongoing development process.

Below, there are some sample extracts from the appendices of my graduate student’s Ph. D. dissertation covering these topics in relation to Dhimal as one of these ethnic minority languages concerned.

I as a foreigner personally feel privileged to be small part of such a process with the opportunity to contribute a little. It’s one of the rarer opportunities in life to put one own’s education to good and responsible use in helping out others for the common good of society.

Return to Index › For a Nepal of free and equal citizens!

Go to another board -