TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Means Test
#1 Parent Dragonized - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

:D Of course it was turnoi, my courtesy exposed him.

#2 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

Yes, creation of jobs in the community is the best form of "welfare".

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach him how to fish, feed him for a lifetime".

Self-reliance is the key to success. This equally applies to woman or it should do.

#3 Parent Curious - 2018-03-29
Re: Re Means Test

true

#4 Parent John O'Shei - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

There's a reason why Commies love university campuses; almost everything there is funded by the state and equality is pretty much achieved by denying the lower working classes a chance to ever get in, so you can enjoy life surrounded only by students and fellow academics. Real life is blocked out in that kind of utopia.

#5 Parent John O'Shei - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

The best form of charity is to create a business and create jobs; you'll give a lot more back to society when you do that.

#6 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

Whatever you say Turnoi. You always fail when you use an alias. Better to give up.

#7 Parent Kathleen - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

Thank you for your "most intelligent" reply. Unfortunately, it did not answer my question. :D

No "Kathleen" I just tell the truth and put goons like you in your place. If you really do have a PhD I consider you to be a waste of space regardless of your "higher education'", lol!
#8 Parent Kathleen - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

I didn't ask you. And I couldn't care less.

I grew up with close family members possessing multiple masters' degrees. My own family lineage, if you go up contains people who have PHD's. Being from an East Asian family from the 80's and 90's my family of origin knew a few other Asian Americans at work with Masters' Degrees or PHD's. They ranged from the sciences such as Math, Physics, and Biology to the areas of the Arts such as Economics, Marketing, and Business. There were numerous mentions of people who were of the 2nd or 3rd degree of separation by association who became doctors, which meant extensive study in various medical schools.

This, however only was used as a means to earn money to spend for self and accumulate knowledge for self advantages. Very little if any was used for altruistic means towards society. Asian Americans from my experience are the least adept at organizing activities within the community which can benefit everyone. They also do not have the courage to take action on whatever virtues they may say they believe in.

#9 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

No "Kathleen" I just tell the truth and put goons like you in your place. If you really do have a PhD I consider you to be a waste of space regardless of your "higher education'", lol!

#10 Parent Alias Taffy - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

You stole my mistress turnoi from me, you old hag! Give her back :b

Hahaha, glad you have sense of humour.

#11 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

I think there is nothing wrong with trying to make a lot of money but I feel that Asians, especially in the West are totally self-serving and materialistic. I am personally very hedonistic these days but I used to give a lot to charity. I still donate to World Vision. I think to have fun if you can afford it is great, but to never ever care for others is selfish.

#12 Parent LG - 2018-03-29
Re: Re Means Test

Drag, you are aware that Kathleen is Turnoi, right?

#13 Parent Dragonized - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

Hello Ma'am, thank you for your question.

I grew up with close family members possessing multiple masters' degrees. My own family lineage, if you go up contains people who have PHD's. Being from an East Asian family from the 80's and 90's my family of origin knew a few other Asian Americans at work with Masters' Degrees or PHD's. They ranged from the sciences such as Math, Physics, and Biology to the areas of the Arts such as Economics, Marketing, and Business. There were numerous mentions of people who were of the 2nd or 3rd degree of separation by association who became doctors, which meant extensive study in various medical schools.

This, however only was used as a means to earn money to spend for self and accumulate knowledge for self advantages. Very little if any was used for altruistic means towards society. Asian Americans from my experience are the least adept at organizing activities within the community which can benefit everyone. They also do not have the courage to take action on whatever virtues they may say they believe in.

#14 Parent Dragonized - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

:D Yes, looking back the Cunning Linguist poster definitely exercised some intelligence when dealing with all the posters compared Turnoi. However, imho what he possessed was more cunning than intelligence. I have crossed paths with people who possess real intelligence. Modern day education seems to just take it right out of folks in general.

#15 Parent Dragonized - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

You stole my mistress turnoi from me, you old hag! Give her back :b

#16 Parent Kathleen - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

So you have a degree. What major is your degree in? Your posts come across as rather juvenile and immature, so I could not imagine you have a degree.

#17 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

Yes. I have a degree. Big deal, what has that got to do with anything? I am talking about PhD and whether there is any value in having one for most people. Yes, I know people in both medicine and engineering with advanced degrees. Generally I find them boring and dull people. Spending most of your life in the confines of a university is not good for a person's wider outlook on life.

#18 Parent Kathleen - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

How many of them have you met or do you know? Do you have a degree yourself?

Those people with PhD in chemistry, physics, astronomy etc are a different kettle of fish
#19 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

I would agree. I 'd even say that getting a PhD is generally a waste of one's life. Most people I 've met with PhD were boring and dull individuals. I mean those with a PhD in education. Those people with PhD in chemistry, physics, astronomy etc are a different kettle of fish. They are often really intelligent people and often very interesting and eccentric. People like that are way smarter than Turnoi.

#20 Parent Alias Taffy - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

Folks of this ilk often lack creativity in their minds. Often, these degrees are an indication of a lack of something in their personality.

You must have whiled away many moments blowing kisses at Turnoi, you even write like him (Folks) As for that chunk of wisdom, you just might as well say: "Often, these degrees are no indication of a lack of something in their personality." or "any animals you see munching grass in the paddock are often cows....but often not, but, sheep, geese, goats, or the cat, when he's got an iffy tummy.

#21 Parent Dragonized - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

It is not special for anyone to possess degrees. Education was meant to build character and morals. This man you have talked about has never accomplished this. He always stole from me my ideas. What he would do is add a few words of his own and pose as an authority over the topic.

This is a problem with all these folks with masters and phd's, from my experience. They seem to spend their time living on earth finding justification to put unwarranted, as well as undeserved authority on others. Folks of this ilk often lack creativity in their minds. Often, these degrees are an indication of a lack of something in their personality.

Goes to show that some intellectual-level individuals who do not do right in this world are on the exact same level as some ghetto scum who depends on his wife for a living. A wise teacher told me: "Knowledge without morals makes you a devil."

#22 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

He should post on "Esteemed Professor's Monthly" or something like that. Yes, he hangs around on here, well he ain't gonna find any intellectual brilliance from the left wing cafe latte sipping fools on this site, that's for sure!

#23 Parent John O'Shei - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

That's true. He's just wasting his time with us lot, really. In fact, I can't even be arsed with half of the regular posters, so someone who is really high up in academia should probably avoid this site like the plague. I'd argue that he should just abandon this board and create something better.

#24 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

Professors like T are perhaps a bit exceptional in that they are not satisfied in merely enjoying certain privileges that you have mentioned but try to spread quality education among the less privileged at no coast with a less elitarian social class of teachers, lecturers and professors in mind. This certainly also includes addressing issues of conmen and crappy businesses in education. The Alias Taffy poster is one of them. Mentioning an attitude of responsibility and adhering to a set of values in the educational sector may cause people like T to do exactly that in addition to other things. And T is not alone in this.

Slumming it with ordinary oral English FT in China types is not becoming of a professor
of Turnoi's high social and academic status/class, etc.
#25 Parent Silverboy - 2018-03-29
Re Means Test

Turnoi is certainly a man of means. Why he tries to appeal to great unwashed whom infest this forum is beyond me however.

He should stick with his fellow elite professor types. That is more his style. Slumming it with ordinary oral English FT in China types is not becoming of a professor
of Turnoi's high social and academic status/class, etc.

Alias Taffy - 2018-03-29
Means Test

It's come to my attention that this site is being abused as a rich-man's-hobby and he will stop at nothing to waste our time telling us about shopping trips and purchases of expensive cameras (as an FT teaching-aid) that ordinary FT's would need to save up for years and years to afford- cameras that cost £300 odd, would you credit it! We shouldn't be surprised if the same wealthy-waster next week informs us how to teach our oral English classes Ancient Chinese, with the aid of his "a-few-available for nothing DVD's." Anyway enough of that junk!

It's my wife's day off tomorrow and I had intended to paint the woodwork 'chestnut' colour. However, I have decided that the exterior paint I have might be a health hazard. So now I have ordered a reduced-in-price can of white gloss. The wealthy-waster would no doubt have ordered a £100 tin of 'farrow and Ball' but ordinary FT's only have £10 to spare.

Return to Index › Means Test

Go to another board -