TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › China release letter question
#1 Parent Rocket Boy - 2018-03-29
Re China release letter question

i'd seek 'the city FAO' for assistance as this person has some authority with local
employers.

How do you find 'the city FAO' ?

:D

#2 Parent Rocket Boy - 2018-03-29

'the city FAO' is not with the employer but responsible for fts in the city

Good advice but where do you find the city FAO, in Guangdong for example? >:(

#3 Parent wumao basha - 2018-03-29

How does one find out who the '' City FAO'' is ? For example who is the city fao in Shenzhen, and how to contact him/her?Thanks.
;)

#4 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

'the city FAO' is not with the employer but responsible for fts in the city

#5 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

If a release letter is refused by the employer, it's mostly the FAO's side responsible for this. Would it then make sense to talk to the FAO in such a case? I think it doesn't.

#6 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

i'd seek 'the city FAO' for assistance as this person has some authority with local employers.

#7 Parent Dragonized - 2018-03-29

You will need to negotiate and secure a guarantee on getting the release letter if your residents permit is still not up. Even if the school only gave you a 1 year residents permit with annual renewals, you will still need a release letter. The reason is, everything in china now is digital. Because of this, they can search and see where you have worked in the past. Maybe they cannot do this for schools you have worked at 5 years ago, but certainly they can find out for more recent ones. Employers everywhere in the world now ask for reference letters, anyway. Getting a release letter plus the recommendation/reference letter is always a good idea.

A plus for you would be to scan those documents and save them on your computer and back them up on a usb drive. Whenever you apply for a school, include the pics of the recommendation letters and release letters. That will be an advantage for you.

#8 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

Suggesting to follow SB is not particularly helpful here although I can see the sarcasm in your post.
Issuing release letters by an institution A that hepls an FT to transfer to an institution B does normally not work because tA does not want to do all the hard work and pay the expenses involved just for another institution B to benefit from the same in case the FT intends to move there.

"If you are a competent well-liked teacher they do not want to give you a release letter.
If you are a thorn in their side, they will be more likely to release you. Try dating a few students."

#9 Parent FTinPRC - 2018-03-29

Since your residency and FEC are annual, your '2 year' contract is between you and the school, it is not registered in the national database.

I would begin IMMEDIATELY to discuss this with your FAO because your only leverage is the balance of this year and providing student grades at the end of the semester. Imply that if you do not receive a release you will leave PRIOR to the school year and unable to provide grades, every departments nightmare.

If you are a competent well-liked teacher they do not want to give you a release letter.

If you are a thorn in their side, they will be more likely to release you. Try dating a few students.

#10 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

You should expect problems in getting a release letter from your school if you leave earlier.

If you can, move to another province to your new school and ask them for the paperwork they need to do for you to apply for another Z visa. In this case, you won't need any release letter foer your new school.

Hope that helps.

freedom - 2018-03-29
China release letter question

My question is as follows: If I decide to terminate a 2 year teaching contract after 1 year should I expect any problems?

In my contract it clearly states that I have to give a 60 day notice in writing, which I am doing, and I will leave at the end of the school year,July.

I would like to see my students graduate and then move forward, however I would need a release letter for my future employer in China.

Can any veterans see any problems, regarding a release letter, or offer any good suggestions or advice?

Thanks! ;)

Return to Index › China release letter question

Go to another board -