TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Do you currently teach English in China?
#1 Parent Turnoi - 2018-05-24
Re Do you currently teach English in China?

No. It is one of the essential social soft skills you must have when working in intenational education as I did.

More like PC bullshit.

#2 Parent Silverboy - 2018-05-21

"Cross-cultural sensitivity". More like PC bullshit.

#3 Parent FTinPRC&em - 2018-05-22

I suggest that you poll the vast number of Chinese students that are currently matriculated at your university (in pursuit of a specially designed, expensive, one year 'masters degree') about their experiences in FT classes in China as undergraduates.

#4 Parent Dr. Turnoi Turjakuunnen - 2018-05-17

I have taken the survey. The questions were not too miuch China-specific and could also be asked with regard to any other nation.
Do you have any experience of teaching in China yourself? Questions regarding the ability to adapt to non-Western working environment and life-style seem to be missing and such relating to the importance of cross-cultural sensivity as well. Can youn perhaps add them?

Ed - 2018-05-14
Do you currently teach English in China?

I love that these forums are doing so well and helping teachers. I am currently doing my dissertation research with Lancaster University about your lives as English Language teachers in China, because there is almost nothing!

So, I was wondering if you would be able to take about 15 minutes of your time to help with the research? It would really help contribute to our understanding of your lives and teaching in China, which I think is really needed for the future of English teaching in China.
If you get a spare few minutes, it would be greatly appreciated if you could complete it. You can be from anywhere in the world except China, but you need to be teaching English in China now.

It's 100% anonymous, doesn't ask the deeply personal questions about salary etc., and you can complete it on your phone too. I understand you probably get messages like this quite often, and I often complete them too as I think it's good to help each other out. There's a QR code and link below - both work :-)

https://lancasteruni.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0jpgYguSc2Cki7H

Return to Index › Do you currently teach English in China?

Go to another board -