TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
· Previous · Next Return to Index › Identity Theft "Recruiters"
The shadow Knows - 2018-08-22

Foreign teachers. Wake up! Several so-called "recruiters" that appear on this forum and elsewhere for that matter to include ESL Cafe, are just identity theft scam artists in many cases. Chinese scam artists will gladly pay $199.00 for an ad while collecting thousands of dollars worth of personal files, records, and photos.

The way this works is they post supposed jobs online.
They of course will not tell you who the school is.
They absolutely do not want you speaking with the "school" in person, even if they can take credit and supposedly get paid for arranging the meeting.
Why? Well, its because there is no actual job in the first place.

Most of these Chinese are selling documents to the black market. They steal ID and sell them to illegal Chinese already abroad who need a paper trail.
In some instances they use the data to illegally import cars into China and re-sell them without paying taxes and while dodging the import tax by supplying your data to China Customs.

A few fun facts:

They want your full resume, passport scan, degree scan, CELTA scan, references of people who know you, and "casual photos" as well. They work in boiler rooms that are not licensed, bonded, insured, or formally recognized. They do not have any realm of data safeguards in place. China is bordered by many nasty nations all of which do a good amount of business in the black market sectors to include human trafficking. Using your data they can impersonate you.

Example:

Dear University,

Attached hereto is my passport scan and my degree. I was enrolled there in XYZ year and I need certified transcripts sent to me.

Dear Bank,

Attached hereto as verification of my ID is my US passport and other documentation. I need to inquire about raising my credit limit and changing my address to this new address in XYZ country while I am abroad.

Before you know it, and a few weeks after you gave some stranger all of your data, they have now expanded that data. Before you know it, they have successfully managed to forward your mail, possibly shut off or re-assign gas, water, electric, and many other things. Depending on who they're dealing with and who they know, they can use that data to apply for credit cards, car loans, student loans, mortgages, and more.

Do not trust any so-called recruiter.
Go in person to see any potential school. They can see your passport in person and your documents.
The only person that really needs the passport is immigration and the Foreign Expert Bureau.
There is no real, legal, or valid reason to be sending your passport to a 3rd party you do not know, never met, and has another agenda for your data.

Consider blocking your student files before leaving the USA. FERPA for example, the Family Education Rights Privacy Act and a talk with the school office can make you a ghost. Good luck on them getting your files. If you need certified transcripts sealed, get them in person while you are on campus. Keep a few sets handy. Add a note to your file asking the records office to call police for all inquiries.

Send your resume to people in China, in Chinese not English. First of all, in China all legal documents mandate that Chinese takes legal precedence anyway. You are dealing with Chinese people, so send a Chinese resume. Make sure it is a locked PDF file as well with a watermark.

Don't take any low wage jobs anywhere in China. If you do, you are a fool.
Average wages in Beijing being paid right now at several international schools are about 36,000 to 40,000 RMB per month. Why would you consider a supposed "great package" of 25,000 rmb per month or less?

Also, please keep in mind that the Chinese government is now operating full tilt on spying operations internationally and very often your data is sold to Ministry of State Security agents. (China's version of the CIA-NSA).

Anytime you see a job posting for a "recent graduate" its a red flag, literally. They, the Ministry of State Security, are looking for high-debt load graduates that they can flip and use to their advantage. They will help pay off student loans and other debts in exchange for you getting a job at the government in your country and then informing them of whatever it is they want to know. This is a common tactic in China.

China runs many illegal front companies to include fake teacher recruiting operations just for that reason. I have already identified a few and sent that data to my government.

Be certain you register with your consulate and report to them regularly on students you never see but still "graduate" and intend to enter a foreign country illegally. Many Chinese schools use foreigners as pawns in their international human trafficking schemes. The Chinese management will force you to write personal letters of reference, personal essays, fake grades for students etc. If you decline you'll be fired, a contract will not be renewed, or they'll likely try and screw you with a nasty-gram in your FEC file. The schools promise the parents the student will graduate and will go abroad. Along comes the red envelopes, prepaid gift cards, and Visa cards and this is why you see so many Chinese teachers driving BMW and related high-end cars and living in huge apartments. Its all tax free, off the radar, and under the table.

When the Chinese student arrives in say, the USA, then fails in classes for 2 semesters and is booted out and their student visa is cancelled, they run to a so-called sanctuary state like California and apply for a driver's license where those Liberal idiots allow it. In the case of females, they turn to prostitution and they are usually shuttled around from place-to-place by Greyhound because no ID is needed or checked in most cases. They don't pay income taxes, and they remain illegally in the USA, Canada, etc. Their parents are told they will now pursue their Master's degree, they never go back to China, and then they supposedly landed a career job in the promise land. That's the story they feed to the parents.

The Chinese scam of high school is a billion dollar operation for corrupt Chinese managers helping to "graduate" loser students every year and ship their asses off to some foreign land to supposedly further their studies. What is actually being furthered is spying, espionage, tax evasion, fraud, theft, visa fraud, conspiracy, mail fraud, wire fraud, criminal impersonation, perjury, and human trafficking.

I have been working on this little racket now for the past 6-months and sharing data with the US State Department, FBI, DHS, and many other agencies. Any shit bag loser that helps the Chinese to facilitate these scams can be arrested and sent to prison for a very long time.

If you really need a job, consider staying in the USA and working with inner-city youth, the Bureau of Indian Affairs, or some poverty stricken area in need of talent if your supposed goal in life is to make a difference. You're not going to change China or the Communist Party.

Even if, and that's a big if, you find an actual recruiter, their data storage is shoddy or most likely nonexistent at best, subject to hacking and the people that work there are not bonded and they could care less about you, your privacy, or your credit scores, etc.

Contact your US Senator and Congressional Rep, the White House, the FBI, INS, DHS, and any agency you need, to routinely report contact with Chinese government agents, police, people you think most likely are Chinese agents, and anything that is suspicious in nature at your school. Send them student files, records, photos, and whatever you have access to if there is a problem.

Don't hesitate to contact any and all relevant universities if you know some Chinese student is using illegal methods to get in to the USA. Contact campus police as well.

If you know the son of some Commie rat bastard that never showed up for class and is somehow "graduating" and has applied to a specific university, contact the university directly. Report them. Shut them down.

· Previous · Next Return to Index › Identity Theft "Recruiters"

Go to another board -