TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Korea: Black List IN KOREA
#1 Parent Rachel - 2018-11-27
Re: Black List IN KOREA - Wonderland English School, Ulsan

I’m looking for Jean. She taught me in Yes English academy in Ulsan.
I really miss her. Who know her???? Please..
I can’t find her. Cuz I don’t know her phone number, her full name.
She was blond hair. I met her until 2012.
My korean name is dong eun Kim.
And my nickname is Rachel.
I really miss you. Plz contact me 010-7183-1172.

#2 Parent CR - 2018-03-29
Re: Black List IN KOREA

I worked there too. When did you work there? I'm actually trying to find some contact details for Youla, b/c I need a reference.

#3 Parent Phil - 2017-06-10
Re: Black List IN KOREA - Canada International School

I worked for Mr. Kim in Uijeongbu a few years before you. I then transferred to one of the schools in Seoul. I can completely back up everything you say about the man - he is a horrible human being. I started teaching on July 4th, a Monday, after having arrived in Korea on the 2nd. When I received my pay at the end of the month, I wasn't paid for the week of holidays at the end of July as I hadn't worked the whole month. After a meeting, I submitted my resignation and was then paid what I was due and stayed on.

I was at the school with the teacher who was drinking while teaching. We had an outstanding principal at that time who fired him, it wasn't that he quit. She had gone into business with Mr. Kim and, after a sizable investment in his school, he screwed her out of her money and forced her out of the school. In the year she was there, she increased the enrollment by 40% (we went from 10 teachers on staff to 14, if memory serves). At our school, he was called the Black Toad. I ended up quitting and chose to walk away from the money he owed me as I was just done. He was angering and alienating teachers and parents daily. The final straw was when I was diagnosed with laryngitis, pharyngitis, and and inflamed vocal cord. My doctor called the school and told the new VP (Mr. Kim's lacky) that I couldn't teach as speaking could permanently damage my voice. She INSISTED I come in to do my job. That was a Friday, I flew to Japan on Saturday, cancelled my work visa, taught on Monday, and never went back. Only good news...she ended up with what I had! Karma will get you every time!

#4 Parent Christina, Head Foriegn Teacher - 2016-06-29

I concur. That school is shady, wrong, lies, and tricks you. Stay away from it.

#5 Parent Ex Korea teach - 2016-04-26
Re: Black List IN KOREA - ONLY NATIVE ENGLISH, Suwon

Be nice to her or...? No Korean is genuinely nice. A few may be good at appearing that way, that is all..

#6 Parent Rebecca - 2016-04-24

I worked there for 8 years. HaeYoung is genuinely a nice guy. Pay is always on time and he treats his teachers well. Students are his top priority. A few pointers - Elin is his right hand, treat her nicely. Be on time. CCTV is real. Be honest with him, and apologize if necessary.

#7 Parent Josh - 2015-12-13

Hi I got hired by O.N.E. Only Native English hagwon in Suwon. Is there anything else about the school you could tell me before I sign? The director seems very nice and genuine but I don't want to spend a year in hell. Was there any problems with payment, housing, treatment of teachers or students? Thanks dude!
Josh.

#8 Parent unreal - 2015-11-04

You've got to be crazy. I worked for CIS and I have known many people who have worked at CIS. Mr. Kim has been not registering people with the tax office for years. I have been in this country a long time and I have both heard directly from people and have read countless posts about certified Canadian teachers in Seoul getting lied, to, stolen from, and the good old Korean Hawgwon trick of illegally firing someone and cancelling their work visa...not have I heard this from people I worked with, people that worked there after I did, but 10 years later I am still hearing the same old Mr. Kim stories from people who took his word on faith and traveled half way around the world to try something new. This man is a crook, a liar, (one of many), and will continue to exploit foreigners least we speak up and warn one another. You are either a Korean shill for this guy, or are unbelievable dense and naïve for supporting this criminal.

Don't come to Korea and work for CIS!!! Don't make the same mistake many people in this thread have made. Look online! lots of evidence of this exists. The evidence is not anecdotal, there are dozens of teachers telling you the same thing. Find somewhere else to work, please, for your own sake. The Korean hawgwon business model of firing you illegally, cancelling your work visa, locking you out of your apartment, not paying you severance or giving you your flight money home is an excellent one! If you can manage to come back under a tourist visa and take your boss to court, through the Korean Labor Board, you might get your money back. But the hawgwon owner has lost nothing by trying to take your money...its money he or she would have to pay you anyway. They lose nothing by trying.

Please ignore any posts that say nice things about CIS, they are simply not true.

#9 Parent Mancunian S - 2013-02-12

Mr. Kim, the owner, doesnt return tax refunds, underpays severance pay, refuses to write letters of recommendations if he doesnt like you but employs alcoholics because they dont complain as much, fires people without warning or pay, will throw you out of your apartment, will cancel your work visa. Mr. Kim lies more then he breathes. He has threatened me on countless occasions and uses intimidation and lying to get his way. There is nothing honorable about this man so if you work with him be warned that he WILL screw you over.

Hello Megan

Well, an FT can have more to worry about than the school bosses, he can have fellow FT's to worry about, fellow FT's who like to stick their noses in, judgemental ones, holier then thou ones. With respect, if this Mr Kim likes to hirer alcoholics that's his business and nobody elses. Anyway, in my experience when holier than thou FT's start bandying around dysphemisms about other FT's who like a drink(in or out of the classroom) it's because of a desire to find a bow-legged monkey to point the finger at.

Maybe you have real grievances against this Mr Kim, but never ever attack other FT's, short of them trying to fondle your bottom without solicitation on your part that is. If a teacher is not doing his job properly for any reason it is not your place to comment- unless of course you wish to give friendly advice to another FT in private. Am I right or am I right?

#10 Parent Dragonized - 2013-02-12

Hey, alcoholism is alcoholism and it doesn't discriminate against gender!

#11 Parent CisTeacher - 2013-02-11

The drinking teacher wasn't he, it was she.

#12 Parent J.C Dasch - 2012-07-12

Is there a blacklist for a university instructor (Andrew N[edited]) who harasses female coworkers and defames them with exaggerated stories or made-up lies and accuses people by making up stories? Who also says inappropriate things to the students and favors one student (stay in the classroom after class with a female student with closed doors under the name of "helping her with information")? I think this person needs a psych eval because he comes across as a gentleman but can be very vindictinve with tiny things and very disturbing which influnces other coworkers and administration staff. It is a serious thing and I think he should not be teaching but should get his mental health checked (At least he shouldn't be working in this field since he is dangerous).

#13 Parent J.C Dasch - 2012-07-12

No need to post what I just wrote above but I do think universities should be aware of this person since he is a danger to female instructors!

#14 Parent tchr - 2011-10-07

I also taught at CIS for a substantial amount of time. Korea is AMAZING, my students were great but CIS left alot to be desired.

The school has alot to learn about how to treat professional teachers and how to effectively run a school. If they choose to only hire qualified teachers then they should treat them that way and learn from their expertise. From the first day it was evident that it was the school against the teachers. They didn't trust us and made it clear. There were often secrets that the korean staff was supposed to hide from the foreign staff. This is not the most effective way to foster a healthy, enjoyable working environment. The Korean staff were discouraged from having friendships with the foreign staff outside of school. The school would promise things to us and then take them away at the last minute, would take unexpected withdrawals from payments without legitimate notice or explanation and overall treated foreign staff like unqualified children. The stress and heartache did not make the experience at CIS worthwhile

Please go and teach in Korea! It is an amazing country and wonderful people but I advise anyone looking for a job to choose very wisely. Your work environment can make or break your experience in Korea.

#15 Parent Jill - 2011-09-30

It looks like this dildo is abusing the 'Canadian international school' name without being an actual Canadian international school.

#16 Parent Darth Babaganoosh - 2011-01-05

Note: As a foreign employee is South Korea, you are only to pay taxes on 70% of your earned income.

Not any more. That particular "perk" was closed as of this month. Everyone pays taxes on 100% of their salary now.
#17 Parent teacher - 2011-01-04
Re: YES English Academy, Ulsan, South Korea

I worked at the Ok-Dong school last year and i must agree that it was awful! I doubt anyone would waste their time trying to bend or exaggerate the truth, as this forum is here to help people make the right choice for their teaching careers. It must have been a while back you worked there, if the apartments were new, as they appeared far from that when i stayed there. And regarding the passports, it wasn't at the beginning of my time there, it was a month before i was due to leave and the department of labor knew nothing about it. Why would the boss Mr.Kim get down on his knees and bow to us whilst saying "i'm sorry, please do not report this" or words to that effect, if this is standard process? I personally suggest that readers contact the labor board in Ulsan and take the latest employees' write-ups about the school, as they will be more accurate i'm sure. Also, whilst no training AT ALL may be also apparent in other Korean schools, that does not mean it is fine and acceptable. And also, just an observation from the write-up below

"the school was well-respected for its teaching levels"
yet state that there was
little training?
hmmmmm...quite a contradiction and whom considered it to be one of the best to work at? Very vague. Anyway, i just hope that if you are thinking of working there, you are smart enough to ask questions (in writing) and have your contract altered to counter the bad working conditions others have experienced.
#18 Parent Ku Jae Won - 2010-11-21
Canada International School in Ansan

If you think that's bad, Canada International School in Ansan doesn't pay its teachers. The school sucks and should be closed.

#19 Parent Teacher - 2010-09-28
Re: YES English Academy, Ulsan, South Korea

Wow. I also worked for Yes English Academy in Ok Dong, Ulsan but had nowhere near as bad an experience as those reported on here and neither, I think did the other teachers working with me at the time. Although the school was not perfect, it was at the time considered to be one of the best to work at, the apartments were new and much above the standards of other teachers apartments and the school was well-respected for its teaching levels, most Korean teachers were excellent at their job and although a little lax on the teaching methods for foreign teachers (little training etc) this is typical of many schools around Korea. So too, is keeping hold of passports for a beginning period in order that their outlay for plane tickets is fulfilled. I really hope this school hasn't changed so considerably since the time I worked there, but suggest readers exercise some caution over taking these complaints as word.

#20 Parent Anonymous - 2010-09-12
Re: Black List IN KOREA - Canada International School Ansan

Canada International School in Ansan is even worse. The teachers there have not been paid for months! Avoid that school like the plague! Teachers there are dropping like flies since they haven't been getting paid. The owner is a liar and they have a recruiter named Stephen Cho from EDUORANGE who keeps bringing new teachers to work in the school. He is an investor in the school and does not want to see it fail so he keeps bringing people to work there to take over the classes of the people who quit. This is by far the worst school in Korea. Do not work there. Topia is another school that is attached to CIS and it is owned by the same individual. The teachers there are not getting paid either. If anyone accepts a job at CIS or Topia in Ansan or a position from Stephen Cho at EDUORANGE recruiting, they will regret it!

#21 Parent Sneaky Pigeon - 2010-08-31
Re: Really, Sun?

How did you get stranded in a country that doesn't speak your language?

Did someone abduct you from your own country and drop you off in South Korea?

Somehow I doubt it. You probably came here of your own free will. So either you are
completely stupid for thinking South Korea's language was English, or you knew it was
Korean and came anyway hoping beyond all hope that all Koreans would understand
your English and you wouldn't have to learn a bit of Korean.

You're stranded? I think we are all stranded with you.

#22 Parent englishgibson - 2010-08-18
Re: Seocheon Elementary School

Peter, who is "WE"? Are you a Chinese? Please provide us with more information. Cheers and beers

#23 Parent Concerned Party - 2010-08-18

Just a word of warning to anyone considering working there - don't.

#24 Parent peter - 2010-08-17

Hey Concerned Party

Please supply more information or at least give a email so we can contact you for more information.

#25 Parent Concerned Party - 2010-08-17
Seocheon Elementary School

Terrible racist public school in Yongin who will take all actions to ensure that foreign English teachers are not welcome there.

Two teachers quit in 5 months.

Dont work there.

#26 Parent robert - 2010-07-15

Do NOT work at EWAS in Busan, South Korea. I dedicated my life to this school only to be deceived and lied to frequently. Great children. However, the owner is absent-minded and evil. There is frequent turnover and if you communicate with others about the school in a negative (honest) fashion, you are threatened with lawsuits from the owner. Don't expect to have a single drop of energy after working here since there are no co-teachers. Also, dont even think about taking a break. 9 hours a day. Only break is for lunch. There are many good options in Busan. Speak with a teacher without the owner in the room during the discussion and ask detailed questions. The companies want you. You do not need to be their contracted slave for a year. Take your time and pick a respectable school that cares about business as well as educating people. Don't settle for less. A year is a long time and you will be stuck on the other side of the world if your gamble isn't right.

#27 Parent Casey Whitlatch-Carter - 2010-07-07

I have worked at Yoon's English Forest (영어 숲 ) in Jecheon, South Korea for the past 10.5 months. It was obvious from the beginning that the company was going to be difficult to work for, but I chalked it up to cultural differences, but I shouldn't have. The director's English name is Julia Lee. There are three campuses in Jecheon (Haso-dong, Sinback-dong, and Goam/Jangnak-dong).

Our director threatened to terminate our employment starting when we were 8 months into our contracts. It reached it's peak then when they gave us a letter stating that we would be terminated if our "performance" did not improve in two weeks time. While this warning came as a shock to us (we had had a couple rough meetings with our director before then in which she was unhappy with one or two small things, but the overall feeling was that we were doing well), we took it very seriously and worked very hard (putting in extra hours and showing a lot of submission to our director) to show that we were serious about keeping our jobs.

Two weeks later, in a meeting to discuss whether we would, in fact, be terminated, our director told us that we seemed to be "doing our best" and that if we kept that up, everything should be fine.

Then, two weeks before the end of our third term with this hagwon our director made some changes to our schedules, switching the campuses that we worked at and such, and told us that if enrollment didn't improve in two weeks that we would be terminated (this time with no letter). Again, two weeks later our director told us that if we kept up the good work that our jobs were not in jeopardy (she seemed happy with our performance at this point and said that the "switch" was a very good idea).

Then, two weeks into the term, she called another meeting. She stated that she was very unhappy with our performance and said that our teaching skills were not up to par with what she had hoped for. The meeting ended with nothing concrete being said about our employment. The next week our director failed to show up to our meeting. Instead, it was conducted by our translator/supervisor. He told us that the company had decided to let us go and gave us a letter listing the reasons (which included ludicrous claims of inappropriate language and behavior in the classroom and poor class preparation [we have folders and folders of lesson plans, activities and worksheets to prove otherwise]). We have little room for legal action because they gave us four weeks notice (meaning we'd have to wait until we were no longer employed and housed to make a claim).

Please, do your research. There are plenty of great schools and great people in Jecheon. Just DO NOT work for Yoon's.

*** Update: We found out this morning (via the National Pension Scheme) that the company registered us as "self employed" to get around tax, healthcare and pension laws. As we came over under contract, this is illegal. We are know in the process of turning them in for pension and possible tax fraud.

#28 Parent Annonymous - 2010-06-30

Korea Herald / Kids Herald School in Hwamyeong Busan Korea

Beware of this school, there are some significant issues I dealt with while working there for a year. I would highly recommend looking elsewhere for another school in Korea. The problems with this school were not just for me, but also for the previous teachers that I contacted. I just want to deter those hard working teachers that deserve better than this school. You can read below the details of the problems I faced while working at this school.

I stuck it out for the whole year and even decided to stay another year in Korea BUT definitely not with Korea Herald. The owner of the school, my old boss is Youla Kim and she can be an okay boss at times and when I started I thought she was great. The problems are mainly with Youla not paying my pension and not starting my health care plan at the start of my contract. These things are Korean law and Youla denied that so many times. She would say that the pension office takes months to process my paperwork and start the pension. When I later talked to the pension office about this they told me it takes a simple phone call to start a foreigners pension. The way a pension works in Korea is that the school you're at must pay 4.5% of your salary each month and then you pay the same 4.5% each month. So basically your school matches what you pay each month. At the end of your contract you can then apply to get all that money back from the pension office. So it's a significant amount of money. You not only get what you paid back, you get the matched contribution from your employer. So at the end of a year in Korea if your salary was 2.2million won per month, you would receive almost 2.4 million won back at the end of the year in pension. So this extra bonus is important and it is the law in Korea that employers pay it. In my case Youla lied and didn't start my pension for six months. At the end of the year I tried and tried to get her to back pay the proper amount and she just strait refused. I would have had to get a lawyer and I didn't want to take that rout. I did talk to the previous teachers about all this and apparently they had similar issues where Youla declared their salaries at the pension office to me much lower than the actual amount. By doing this, she didn't have to pay as much pension and they got ripped off too. Sadly the previous teachers never warned me about what she had done to them, I only leaned about it when I was having problems and called them to see if they had experienced anything similar. I lost a good chunk of money because I just didn't know any better and Youla took advantage of me. There were also problems with Youla not starting my health care and saying it was processing for months etc. Just so she could get herself out of a couple months of paying.

I also had problems with my teaching schedule. Youla loved to have me working eight classes in a row with only five minute breaks in between the classes. The breaks were usually filled with walking the students down to the bus. This meant that for dinner I was grabbing crackers from my desk and trying to eat them as I walked the students down to the bus. It was a crazy schedule that left no time for decent prep and left me strung out a lot of the time.

The bottom line is that maybe this isn't the worst school out there but I would recommend looking elsewhere! The recruiting agency that got me the job (Recruiting Busan Inc.) advertises that their jobs pay health care and pension but when I asked them to help me fight it they basically said I was on my own. Usually once a recruiter gets you to Korea and gets their money from the school, they don't really care about you. They're done their job so to speak and they move on to the next person.

Luckily this school didn't stop me from still having an amazing time in Korea and I made the choice to do another year and it's been a million times better at another school. I just feel like I need to give some warming to other hard working teachers out there that may get stuck at Korea Herald when they could have done much better.

Good luck!

#29 Parent Pleased with CIS - 2010-06-12

I also work at CIS in Uijeongbu and I have to say that it's a great experience! I've heard horror stories from other hagwons but to say that CIS is anywhere close to the other schools is just ridiculous. Mr. Kim is a great guy. He doesn't get in your way. The only time that you will have a problem is if the parents complain about your instruction. You have to realize in private schools anywhere, the parents have the most say. As long as you go by the guidelines and love teaching, you will have no problem. You also get the freedom to design your own lesson plans as long as they pertain to the curriculum.

There are so many that have lost the opportunity to teach at CIS all because of this post and it's a shame. Don't let this 1 post ruin your plans on accepting a position at CIS. Especially from someone who would be so immature as to note that the kids called our principal Mr. Stinky Kimchi. Mr. Kim appreciates his employees. There are no drunk employees roaming CIS. We all are certified teachers with Education degrees.

Just make sure you read your contract and all will be well. This blacklist post was just 1 girl's experience. We at CIS can tell you what a great experience we've had. Just ask your recruiters to email one of us and we'll be happy to help!

#30 Parent Megan - 2010-05-26

I'm glad you had a good experience Jordan. It was never my wish that anyone have a bad one.
But within 15 minutes of reading your post I've found three different people, other then myself, that say the same thing I do. Mr. Kim is a crook, he doesn't pay taxes to employees and he lies through his teeth. I'm sure there are many more posts on many different websites that will also support my story, but I don't want to waste anymore time on this. I've moved on and am working at a much better school, much higher wages and I'm actually treated with respect. My only wish is to warn people. If you want to take a chance, be lied to, disrespected and abused then by all means work at CIS. However, there are many more schools out there, places where you can maintain your self respect and integrity as a teacher.
I worked at CIS for over 2 years and with several different age groups, and I did love it, that is why I re-signed twice. That is to say I loved it until Mr. Kim forced the old principal out and took over at the Uijongbu location. I only 'worked' with Mr. Kim a few weeks. I was offered a new contract, more money AND the position of Head Foreign Teacher, but my conscience kept me from agreeing to his terms. I saw him lie to parents and staff, had him scream at me, saw the way he treated the Korean staff (I have heard that all of whom have quit) and was horrified after working a full month and not receiving my paycheck. Here are the posts, you can check them for yourselves.

http://hagwon.reliableteacher.com/canada-international-school-cis-uijeongbu-shingok-dong-gyeonggi-do/

http://www.koreanesl.com/esljobs_report.php?board=teacherforum&config=4&category=2&command=body&no=15829

http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=161586&highlight=

Again, I'm glad everything worked out for you Jordan, it's just unfortunate that you feel the need to twist the truth, or were persuaded to.
Just one more thing... Before leaving Korea I checked at the Korean Tax Office and they told me that ALL tax returns were always sent back to the owner, Mr. Kim, and that it was up to him to distribute the money. I was the first teacher to ask for my tax money back, 3 years ago. The old principal told me that Mr. Kim never returned the money....ever. Thankfully she understood that that was breaking the law, and as I was told, I was the first teacher to ever get a 'portion' of her taxes back that first year I worked. So if you did get taxes back then you can thank me for bringing it to the Tax Office's attention. In return for wanting the law to be upheld Mr. Kim fired me, withheld wages, severance, security deposit, etc. and left me penniless and homeless in Korea. Thankfully the students and parents rallied around me and I was able to stay and fight my futile battle in the Korean courts.

#31 Parent Jordan - 2010-05-26

I am a certified teacher and have worked for CIS in Uijeongbu for 2 years and have had a great experience. The experience of 'Megan' is an isolated incident and does not reflect the experiences of anyone else whom I have come into contact with while working here. In the 2 year span, everyone has received their due taxes, severance pays and letters of recommendations before they left. There has not been an alcoholic working at the school during my time either, nobody has been kicked out of their apartments. It's clear that this teacher only offered a biased account of what happened during her time here, and forgot to mention other aspects of the situation that played a role in the situation.

What is true about this teacher's letter is that she was fired, she was kicked out of her apartment, she didn't receive all of her severance pay. However, what was not included was the fact that she undermined the owner and principal of the school numerous times by sending letters of her opinion of Mr.Kim home with the students for their parents to read, before ever even meeting the man. She based her opinion on 'he say, she say' and that of the former principal whose contract ended before Mr.Kim took over her position here. Once the former principal's contract was ended, she no longer had any say in school matters and was upset by this. Even after sending letters out to the parents, Mr.Kim offered her a new contract, to which she accepted, only to reject in a few days time with higher conditions...one of them being that she become head of the foreign staff (no such position exists in any CIS). It seems reasonable to think that, in any culture, an employee who tries to close another's business down is likely to run into some problems.

What applicants need to remember is that they will not be teaching in their home countries. This is a completely different country with completely different standards of expectations and business professionalism. Personally, the whole reason for traveling to another country to teach is the experience of being immersed in something different than you're accustom to. You need to be flexible and willing to bend. Remember, this is a private school and a business. It has an owner who sets out the guidelines, and though some of the things, from an educational standpoint have been in conflict with my personal teaching philosophies (ie - direct transmission of information, rote memorization), it would be difficult or impossible to find a school in Korea that adopts a Western view of education. Regardless, I (and numerous other teachers) have been able to adapt lessons to the set curriculum and make engaging and fun lessons for their students. The children are really the greatest part of the job. You are able to become close with the students and their families and learn more about Korean customs/culture. I have been able to travel to Japan, Thailand, Vietnam and China. I have met great friends who I will keep even after this experience. There have been ups and downs while working here, but overall I have had a positive experience and don't regret it at all.

#32 Parent Janet Lim - 2010-04-09

Hi everyone who is looking for the teaching position opened in KOREA!

This is JANET who is in charge of recruiting in Canada International School(CIS).

I've already read the post which is about our school. That post said CIS was bad.

I really want to say all the teachers that CIS is still good school and we always try to offer the best condition to you all.

Actually I was not working in 2009 so that I don't know exactly what happened before.

But, what I want to say is we follow and take action by the contract between CIS and a teacher. We never fired our teacher without any reasons. Before we fire a teacher, we give 3 chances,using the warning letters.

The matter of Tax is also solved followed by the contract. Please read very carefully the contract before signing. If you think the contract is not sensible, you can decline
our offer at that time.

CIS hired only certified teachers and we treat all the teachers same and special.

I hope to see you at CIS with a big smile.

Thanks for reading!

#33 Parent overandout - 2010-02-11
Dongducheon American Community School

I spent 3.5 years in Korea from 2003 to 2006 and then again from 2008 to 2009. I met several shady characters in that time and would like to share with you the worst one I encountered, so you can avoid ever having to come across this particular person. He is a Korean-American who abandoned his US citizenship to become a Korean. The person Im speaking of is Rockie Park, a.k.a. Rockie St. Jean. He is the owner of a school in Dongducheon, a US Army town, called Dongducheon American Community School. http://dacs7.com/30048558731

The worst job I was ever offered in Korea was by this person and that says a lot. He offered me 15,000 won an hour with no housing, no visa help, no flight money, nothing else. This was in the same conversation that he told me he had been making 25,000 won an hour teaching English in Seoul 9 years earlier. Later he told me that I was lucky that he didnt offer me 12,000. The language schools in Dongducheon hire Filipinos who are willing to work cheap or US soldiers wives who dont know enough about Korea to know what a teachers market value is, so the compensation packages are well below average market value. Thats why you dont see Korea teaching vets/long-term expatriate teachers working up in Bosan-dong (the northern part of Dongducheon) next to that Army base. Concerning Rockie, if lowballing me wasnt bad enough he saw fit to bully me and attack my character on repeated occasions, many times over the course of several years.

I initially encountered this person in 2005. Hes such a bitter person that he was still bullying me 4.5 years later because I didnt take his lousy job offer. In October of 2009 he was still trying to con me into working for him. I hadn't talked to him in a few years and he came up to me with a big warm smile on his face like he was my best friend, like he had never bullied me before. Then, he told me he had a teaching vacancy coming up soon. When I politely refused his attitude changed quickly back to the old, familiar Rockie. He responded by bullying me again. In a drunken tirade he told me that I didn't belong in any of the bars he normally drinks in and then he said he would make sure that I would never work in Dongducheon. This guy is so arrogant he thinks he's the dictator of Dongducheon. A few weeks later I dropped by to meet with a friend and he started up again. Now I let this go several times thinking that he was just a mean drunk but the problem did not go away because hes an alcoholic, i.e., he's drunk a whole lot. He chose to repress the fact that I had helped him find another teacher -- back in 2005 I referred him to a soldier I knew from Texas' wife -- who ended up working for him cheap and he still insisted on bullying me even though I didnt charge him a recruiting fee. The last time I encountered him the trash talking went on for a good 15 minutes. Then, he left and went to another bar. When I showed up there 10 or 15 minutes later he was ranting like a madman, smearing my character and telling everyone in the bar that he wanted to kill me. I kid you not, he said the word KILL. I may dislike people but I don't go around town talking about killing them. It takes a certain and disturbed sort of person to express that sort of hatred.

To sum things up, lets just say it didnt take me long to figure out that I was dealing with a person of inferior character which is why I generally tried to avoid Rockie but he loved to talk trash and egg me on whenever I was in town having a drink with someone else in the hope that I might take a swing at him and wind up in jail for hitting a Korean. I showed more than patience with him, but after years of dealing with his cruelty and stupidity, enough is enough. But if you think its a good idea to work for a person who would abandon his wife and children including a newborn child for a woman 19 years younger than him, then you can work for him and find out that he doesnt only cheat his family but also his employees as well. Hes got money to fly to China 30 times a year to see his Chinese trophy wife. Hes got money to buy a house in China and another one in Korea. Hes got money to plan to open a language school in China. And, hes always got money to get drunk and go downrange to flirt with some bargirls buying them beers for 20 or 30 dollars a pop. But he doesnt have money to pay his teachers a fair wage, especially if he feels intellectually threated by them. Avoid him at all costs!

#34 Parent EFL Teacher - 2010-02-01
Re: Black List IN KOREA YES English Academy, Ulsan, South Korea

In response to the article posted below.

Out of interest, i typed in YES English Academy, Ulsan on a search engine. I would also like to add that the school were awful to a couple i knew who worked at YES at the same time as me. The boyfriend of the couple had just had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy on the same day. He was up all night after taking the diarrhea meds and was in pain and drowsy after the hospital visit. There was no way he could teach. When i saw him, he just looked awful, absolutely awful. He had called his boss Stacy from Samsungdong and she said that if he didn't go into school then she wouldn't give him or his girlfriend their leaving bonus. She was such a B***CH to him and he treated them so well. I didn't work at YES for long. I left soon after the couple i spoke about, as i knew what YES were like. When i worked in another place in Korea, it was great. Not at all like there.

I also just read that someone wrote YES actually charged people the whole price of their medical insurance, and told them that that was only half!!! What a bunch of nasty people they are to take advantage of teachers like that. They should be ashamed of themselves.

If all of things written about this school aren't enough to put you off working there, i don't know what is.

Take extreme caution taking any position at a school who would treat employees like slaves.

Where good teachers go to die!

Aside from the horrendous teaching conditions & overall amazing lack of professionalism, the following reasons made my and other co-workers time teaching in Korea awful.
1. They stole money from foreign teachers' paychecks.
2. They stole all the foreign teachers' passports & refused to give them back until they were threatened with the Ministry of Labor. They took them because they "didn't want any foreign teachers to run away".
3. They tried to sack my co-workers just before the end of the contract to try and cheat them out of their severance pay and flights.
4. They went into multiple teachers housing and searched through their personal belongings (they also admitted to this when confronted)
5. Mr. Kim (the owner) repeatedly tried to persuade foreign teachers to not get medical insurance so that they did not need to pay.
6. They harrassed foreign teachers at home when they are ill off work (depsite doctor's note). This even occurred when my friend/co-worker was off with stress due to his father dieing.
7. They repeatedly did not pay the teachers' taxes to the government & pocketed the money themselves.
8. They did not allow holiday allowance given in contract.
9. They did not provide any materials for teaching - it was often difficult to even have a book for the class.
10. They tried to deduct more money etc from teachers' wages, even though not in contract.
11. Mr.Kim (the owner) openly stated that he had "no respect for foreigners" and is "prejudice" towards them.
12. Poor/dirty housing conditions.
13. Education and effective teaching methods were last priority, if considered at all.
14. The recruiter and owners/directors lied to different people and couples that they would be working in the same schools, however when they arrived they were told that this was no longer the case.
15. Illegally took "holding money" away from the teachers' paychecks to discourage them from running away.
16. Deducted money from severance pay without teachers' consent.
17. The 'head director' Stacy would interrupt your class to shout at you in front of your students for irrelevant matters such as if one of them (students) was not sitting up straight enough.

If you have any type of TEFL experience/training and qualifications, you would find this school and their inexperienced managers absolutely soul destroying. There are many many more awful things to be said about this company & their racist & arrogant owners......if you want to have a good experience in Korea teaching, i would strongly suggest going elsewhere.

You should also beware of the recruiter 'sally' who is fully aware of all of these matters yet continues to recruit on their behalf and wax lyrical about their professionalism.

There are much better schools out there. Learn from the mistakes of others and give this company a miss.

#35 Parent ANET - 2010-01-27

Thank you for coming forward. I lived and taught in Ulsan for three years. It was hell. I keep telling myself it was not representative of all of South Korea. There are serious workplace problems in that town and the Ulsan English School Association is allowed by a corrupt court system to keep it that way. I recommend people stay away from that town. There are far better opportunities elsewhere. Yes, School is one of the bad ones.

#36 Parent ... - 2010-01-25

Also another thing this school does is make you pay the full amount of medical insurance and tell you its only half - which is what the contract says you should pay!!!

#37 Parent chris - 2009-12-29
Re: Black List IN KOREA-- CDI Jeju

After a futile 5 month wait for a promised letter of recommendation, following 14 months of service as a re-signed and highly-rated CDI instructor, I've decided it's time to share my experience with CDI Jeju in order to inform others of the potential nightmare. Basically, it's a great school with a solid curriculum, mostly wonderful students, and plenty of resources for teachers. However, the owner, as well as the head instructor are ridiculously demanding and unfair. As a teacher you can expect to have all of your classes monitored via video, be critiqued, judged, and have your job threatened repeatedly without concrete justifications. Encouragement does not exist and you will not receive a smile or welcome from the bosses. Although you may be asked to lie or participate in other unethical business practices as they attempt to manipulate their own corporate system of legality. There are way too many unpaid training sessions and no holidays/very little vacation. While Jeju is fantastic and at CDI the money is slightly better than elsewhere on the island, it's not worth the stress of working for such miserable people.

#38 Parent jk kim - 2009-11-17

Beware of job posts by Changwon National University. The director has decided to lie about the salary and work hours offered. Before accepting a position there talk to some of the teachers working now. You will not hear anything good about the current boss. Just a heads up.

#39 Parent ANET - 2009-10-18

I lived and worked in Ulsan for three years. In my opinion, the colleges and university positions are OK. As for Hagwons (English Academies) the only decent ones are: the ELC chain, Megaton and Joyful.
Also, do an EDIT FIND for the words Ulsan and Korea on both the Teachers Discussion Forum and Schools Reviews pages of this website. You will find plenty of sincere and justified warnings about working in Ulsan.
Under the Roh Moo Hyun Government, the NGO had started cleaning up the corruption and mistreatment of foreign employees in Ulsan, but its members don't seem to have much influence under the Lee Myung Back Administration.

#40 Parent Garrett - 2009-10-14

Hello,

Can anyone tell me about Sang Ah Top Hakwon, Ulsan city. I am thinking about taking a position there, but from what I have been reading it seems that Ulsan is not the most desirable place to teach. Can anyone tell me anything good? Does anyone know of this school?

Thanks

Garrett

#41 Parent ANET - 2009-09-05

Another fine example to serious ULSAN WORKPLACE PROBLEMS. Those of us who spent a number of years in South Korea came away with both good and bad memories, but the fact remains that such failures as denying foreign teachers prompt access to medical care for life threatening illneses, or refusing to pay wages for hours worked are simply inexcusable.
By the way, if you are reporting a delinquent hagwon, please remember to list it on the "TEACHERS AND RECRUITERS REVIEW" page of this website.

#42 Parent ESL Teacher - 2009-08-31

YES English Academy, Ulsan, South Korea

Where good teachers go to die!

Aside from the horrendous teaching conditions & overall amazing lack of professionalism, the following reasons made my and other co-workers time teaching in Korea awful.

2. They stole all the foreign teachers' passports & refused to give them back until they were threatened with the Ministry of Labor. They took them because they "didn't want any foreign teachers to run away".
3. They tried to sack my co-workers just before the end of the contract to try and cheat them out of their severance pay and flights.
4. They went into multiple teachers housing and searched through their personal belongings (they also admitted to this when confronted)
5. Mr. Kim (the owner) repeatedly tried to persuade foreign teachers to not get medical insurance so that they did not need to pay.
6. They harrassed foreign teachers at home when they are ill off work (depsite doctor's note). This even occurred when my friend/co-worker was off with stress due to his father dieing.
7. They repeatedly did not pay the teachers' taxes to the government & pocketed the money themselves.
9. They did not provide any materials for teaching - it was often difficult to even have a book for the class.
10. They tried to deduct more money etc from teachers' wages, even though not in contract.
11. Mr.Kim (the owner) openly stated that he had "no respect for foreigners" and is "prejudice" towards them.
13. Education and effective teaching methods were last priority, if considered at all.
14. The recruiter and owners/directors lied to different people and couples that they would be working in the same schools, however when they arrived they were told that this was no longer the case.
15. Illegally took "holding money" away from the teachers' paychecks to discourage them from running away.
17. The 'head director' Stacy would interrupt your class to shout at you in front of your students for irrelevant matters such as if one of them (students) was not sitting up straight enough.

If you have any type of TEFL experience/training and qualifications, you would find this school and their inexperienced managers absolutely soul destroying. There are many many more awful things to be said about this company & their racist & arrogant owners......if you want to have a good experience in Korea teaching, i would strongly suggest going elsewhere.

You should also beware of the recruiter 'sally' who is fully aware of all of these matters yet continues to recruit on their behalf and wax lyrical about their professionalism.

There are much better schools out there. Learn from the mistakes of others and give this company a miss.

#43 Parent ESL Teacher - 2009-08-31
YES English Academy, Ulsan, South Korea

This sounds almost the same as the school/company I worked for a in Ulsan called 'YES English Academy' in OK-Dong. They too did the things you said + many many other things such as:

There are much better schools out there which would give newcomers to Korea a more positive experience. I hope people learn from the mistakes of others and give this company and yours a miss.

#44 Parent ANET - 2009-08-22

Congratulations for hanging in!
Are you saying that the hagwon finally settled with you? If not, what was the Court's decision?
How did you manage with the submission of all documents in Korean?
Mr. Kim's behaviour is so typical. A reputable hagwon turned into living hell.
PLEASE COPY YOUR POSTING ONTO THE SCHOOLS AND RECRUITER REVIEW PAGE OF THIS WEBSITE AS WELL. Or, may I do it for you?

#45 Parent Megan - 2009-07-22

Do not work for CIS, Canada International School... http://www.cischool.com/

Mr. Kim, the owner, doesnt return tax refunds, underpays severance pay, refuses to write letters of recommendations if he doesnt like you but employs alcoholics because they dont complain as much, fires people without warning or pay, will throw you out of your apartment, will cancel your work visa. Mr. Kim lies more then he breathes. He has threatened me on countless occasions and uses intimidation and lying to get his way. There is nothing honorable about this man so if you work with him be warned that he WILL screw you over.

I am a certified teacher, experienced, hard working and loved by students and parents. I was employed at Canada International School (CIS) in Uijongbu, South Korea, for over 2 years. It was a fantastic experience and I loved the students, staff, administration and curriculum. In April of 2009 our principal was fired and the owner of the company, Kim Hyung-Man or Mr. Kim, stepped in to act as principal. CIS has three schools in Korea and at least one school in China.

Within a period of 3 months 10 teachers had quit or were fired directly because of Mr. Kim. (Liz, Linda, Jennifer, Nolan, Amy, Stacy, Hee, Hyung Mi, Lisa and myself) It was obvious that Mr. Kim was a businessman and not an educator. He had no concern for the well being of the staff or students. He extended our teaching hours without pay, he demanded more testing and it was our duty to create these extra evaluation tools. He routinely would give us assignments that were due by the end of the day such as outline everything you have taught in the last 3 months including page numbers and describe what you will be teaching in the next 3 months, due at 6pm.

Shortly after Mr. Kim came to the Uijongbu campus of CIS we had problems with one of our teachers. This teacher left the school during class hours, swore at fellow staff members in the hallways, did not complete his lessons plans on time etc. The situation got so bad that we asked Mr. Kim for help, asked him to talk to him. Mr. Kim told us a story about his other school in Seoul. In Seoul he had a teacher who drank alcohol on the job. BUT the other teachers made him feel so uncomfortable that he quit and Mr. Kim did not need to give him warning letters or fire him. So his suggestion was to take the matter into our own hands. Mr. Kim didnt care that he had just admitted that he allowed a drunk teacher to teach at his school.

Anyway after about a month with Mr. Kim I quit. The school was falling apart, teachers were quitting or being unjustly fired, parents were complaining and students were pulling out because of Mr. Kim. I gave my 60 days notice, according to my contract. Two weeks later was payday. Instead of paying us at lunchtime as we always had, he paid us at the end of the school day. It was on this day that I was informed that I was fired, not getting paid and needed to vacate my apartment. Mr. Kim also said he was calling immigration to cancel my visa.

I got an emergency visa and took the matter to court. My lawyer told me that I was owed 10,000,000 won in unpaid salary, tax refund, and severance pay. The severance pay was underpaid for my first two years at CIS. I didnt know it at the time but CIS was paying my severance based on a 2,000,000 won base salary however it is illegal to do this, severance is based on an average of three months wages, including overtime. By LAW, I was also still owed my tax refund, some teachers have received their refunds, others havent. I had found out that there were schools in Seoul where Mr. Kim had NEVER paid tax refunds. At an average of 1,000,000 a year for tax refunds and 30 teachers who did not receive tax refunds for at least 7 years, thats 210,000,000 won that Mr. Kim STOLE from his teachers, tax fraud.

After spending two months in Korea waiting to receive my wages, tax refund, underpaid severance etc, I was threatened several times by Mr. Kim. He said he was reporting me as illegal to immigration, I was not. He said he would call the Canadian Curriculum board and Id never work again in Canada. He said hed sue me for making trouble for him if I pursued my case. He said hed pay me if I left the country but he told other teachers that if I left without pay he would never have to pay me. I thought that the threat of contacting the Canadian Curriculum board was particularly pathetic since there is no curriculum board, CIS is NOT an international school, and CIS teaches American text books.

Please be warned that Mr. Kim is a pathetic excuse for a human being, CIS is falling apart, people are quitting, parents are pulling their kids out but most of all no one who knows Mr. Kim has any respect for him, including staff, parents and children who call him Stinky Mr. Kimchi. Be warned. Dont deal with the devil.

#46 Parent ANET - 2009-06-20

Thank you for coming forward. This is a fine example of the ESL industry in Ulsan.
After three years in that city, I concluded the only reputable hagwons were the ELC chain and Kevin's Joyful.
Otherwise, I would suggest foreign teachers avoid Ulsan altogether, especially if you are a female teacher or over 55 years old.
ANET

#47 Parent LJ - 2009-06-18

DO NOT WORK AT THIS SCHOOL:
Wonderland English School
4410 Bangu Don Jung Gu
Ulsan, Korea

The school takes out more money than they should for health insurance and tax, yet when I called both offices- the foreign teachers working in the school were not even registered for health insurance. There was a high apt. fee that the landlord knew nothing about. We are never paid on time and we constantly have to ask for our pay check. They will try to over work you with so many classes.

They have overcharged with utility bills and when I seen the receipts it was much less than they charged. They will pay you direct deposit but won't have a breakdown of the deductions made.

DO NOT WORK HERE!

Note: As a foreign employee is South Korea, you are only to pay taxes on 70% of your earned income. Or you can opt for the 18% flat rate tax on 100% of your income.

#48 Parent Lisa Abrams - 2009-04-10
Re: Black List IN KOREA - Little America in Mannyun Dong in Daejeon

Hi,

I'm working at Little America in Mannyun Dong in Daejeon right now. I've been here almost 8 months. The foreign teachers at the school heard about this post and thought it's only fair to reply. First off, no John Daniels has not worked at this Little America, at least not within the past several years.... no one at the school recognizes that name, and some foreign teachers have been here for 3 years. That post may be entirely bogus (i.e. a possible competitor school?). Claims about Korean teachers running away are also bogus... only one teacher decided not to renew her contract, and that wasn't because she "thought the owner was crazy" as John Daniels put it.

Second... every hogwan in Korea is a private business. Yes, the bottom line is always money for the owners, but that is not particular to one school. That's just how business is here. If you plan to come teach at a hogwan, that's a mindset you should be prepared for. In my time here, the Korean teachers and Mr. Park, the owner have been quite helpful so far. I don't ask much, but neither do they. I've received every pay check on time. Foreign teachers who left when their contract ended (or within the 12th month) received their severance pay BEFORE they left the school, cash in hand.... most hogwans make you wait several months after you've left Korea. I paid NO deposit for "bills". I get free internet a free gym membership, and there is AC in my apartment (which granted, isn't the nicest place...). I've only had to work outside of my regular hours twice, and that is indicated in the contract, and we were given advance notice. Furthermore, my supervisor and my Korean coworkers have been nothing but kind and helpful toward me.

Anyway, this is really long but I just wanted to post that LITTLE AMERICA in Mannyun Dong is a fine place to work, in my opinion. I'm happy I came to this school and wouldn't do it differently.

#49 Parent Johann Kensey - 2009-03-09
Little America in Daejeon

Please check out this link befor you even think about working for Little America in Daejeon.
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?p=258133&highlight=#258133

Little America in Daejeon is an awful place to work, please stay away. The owner is a tyrant who will never pay you overtime and who will never listen to you. Your needs are not his concern. You are just a worker there who feeds him, in other words a machine that pumps money into his pocket. He promises that everything will be worked out once you are in Daejeon, but then, once you are in Korea you are on your own. If he doesn't like you he will fire you.

#50 Parent Daniels John - 2009-03-08

Little America, Daejeon, Manyondong, South Korea
I don't recommend it. just don't do it. If you have any other choice go to one of your other choices. Little America is just not worth the hassle. But, if you do end up coming here, because of a lack of choice, be very careful.
Read your contract well and force them to stick it to it. They will undoubtedly try to change a heck of a lot of "minor" details at whim. Take a look at the complaints by other foreigners at other institutions and you'll get an idea at the kind of tricks hogwon owners try to play on foreigners.

#51 Parent Daniels John - 2009-03-08

This is from another website, but we have the same problem with Little America, so I thought I would post it here.

The head office/school is in Manyondong (sp) Taejon. The man who owns the Little America name is in charge of this school. He is the most manipulative, childish, and dishonest person I have ever come across. Besides my own experiences w/him (which included him throwing a chunk of papers at my head), many others have had horrible encounters w/him. One poor guy was there for three weeks before going to a different school. He lived in a cruddy basement apartment w/no heat and no lights in late winter/early spring. The boss kept 500 000 won from this guy for "bills"!! He is extremely tight w/money and will lie and cheat so he doesn't have to pay. This is getting too long so I won't go into the other examples.

This hagwon is in charge of recruiting for the other Little America schools. Many of the other Little America school owners are furious w/the boss because he promised to provide English teachers, training for the Korean teachers, supplies, etc., which he can't do. He is desperate for teachers right now and w/good reason - no one wants to work for him. The Korean teachers have an extremely high turnover rate. Many leave because they think he is crazy. The boss is notorious among other hagwons, English teachers, and Korean teachers.

#52 Parent Daniels John - 2009-03-08

Another post from a person that got burned by Little America
... They were awesome, as always, right through the hiring process then, once the teachers were in Korea, they cut off all contact. They did not pay me for my services and I am very fearful they will fire these two young teachers in the 11th month of their contract before their bonus is due. The teachers are still working at the school but they have been changing their hours, Korean teachers have been leaving left, right and centre and I KNOW they will not be paid in full for their service. This post is meant to encourage other teachers to STAY AWAY from LITTLE AMERICA in Daejon. you might as well be working at a "Mom and Pops" school in nowheredong, Korea. PLEASE avoid LITTLE AMERICA as you will get burned.

Avoid Daejon Little America at all costs!!

#53 Parent Theo - 2009-02-24
Re: EPA, English Prep ACADEMY, Myung-il dong, Seoul

I spent several frustrating (and fascinating) years in China, but my few months in South Korea were FAR WORSE! It was a nightmare from the moment I arrived until I got myself on plane outta there!

So sorry to read of your great difficulties there, but unfortunately, I'm not surprised. ESL instructors should avoid South Korea -- not matter how wonderful recruiters will make it sound. Yes, the visa laws/policies are very strict and certainly not favorable to westerners.

#54 Parent Molested in Korea - 2009-02-24
EPA, English Prep ACADEMY, Myung-il dong, Seoul

THE EPA, English Prep ACADEMY, Myung-il dong, Seoul South Korea. NEWLY built Hagwon. Arrived in Korea and commitments of owner cancelled. Koreans employees rarely did anything. Made me move into a hotel space and told was being kept from leaving by keeping Up to 1 million every payday. False Visa cancellation notice once I said that I was quitting to go to public school. Ridiculed.

I reported them to Korean Labor Board. The board said nothing.. I now owe over $900 for flight arrangements through U.S. Embassy.

#55 Parent Patience - 2008-07-21

Cunning is putting it mildly. One of the weirdest schools I have ever worked at. I don't think HF is there any more, just the husband LHY. DON"T GO THERE!!!!

#56 Parent Prudence - 2004-10-12
Really, Sun?

> Yours is the tactic of a scoundrel. I do dislike ignorant morons
> who lack the ability to think independently and objectively.
> You don't represent the mainstream normal English teacher in Korea.
> Drop by a psychiatrists office for some help, Sick Weirdo.
> I feel sad for your maltreated family if you have one. I HOPE NOT.

> Sun

To teach English in Korea, one needs a University Degree. In order to obtain a degree, one needs a thorough education in PROPER English, not words religated to common scum who wash dishes for a living.
Anyone smart enough to EARN a degree, is smart enough not to disclose personal details that they can be traced by, and certainly smart enought not to LOWER themselves to the same PATHETIC level of people who are
ABUSIVE with words, when they don't get what they want.
I think you need to WASH YOUR MOUTH out with soap next time you are washing your dishes for a living, then get a proper education.
Maybe then you will be able to climb out of your dark, black hole.
Perhaps you should also visit the pschiatrist office, considering you are so contrary, have oppositional disorder and have anger problems.

#57 Parent Sun - 2004-10-10
Ungrateful

> Obscene illiterate AND nonsensical- with a little bit(lots of bits)
> of arrogance thrown in for good measure. So sad!

Yours is the tactic of a scoundrel. I do dislike ignorant morons
who lack the ability to think independently and objectively.
You don't represent the mainstream normal English teacher in Korea.
Drop by a psychiatrists office for some help, Sick Weirdo.
I feel sad for your maltreated family if you have one. I HOPE NOT.

Sun

#58 Parent me - 2004-10-09
and the song goes on

> Stranded in a country that doesn't speak your language,
> licking the feet everyday of a korean boss you hate,
> making minimum wage, same as a dish washer (that's if
> you work over the table and don't sell drugs). And
> NO.......... hope.

> Learn your place and learn to know where and when to speak.

> Sun

Obscene illiterate AND nonsensical- with a little bit(lots of bits) of arrogance thrown in for good measure. So sad!

#59 Parent Sun - 2004-10-06
illiterate is you:

> glad to see your writing runs the full gamut from obscene to
> illiterate

Stranded in a country that doesn't speak your language,
licking the feet everyday of a korean boss you hate,
making minimum wage, same as a dish washer (that's if
you work over the table and don't sell drugs). And
NO.......... hope.

Learn your place and learn to know where and when to speak.

Sun

#60 Parent Incheon - 2004-10-06
Don't let the innocent suffer

> Big Hurrah for Sun.
> Worth of mentioning here that 9 english teachers
> (6 males, 3 females) were arrested last month in Joenju city
> for having a drug ring (business). So far not Korean have been
> implicated. The drugs were coming from their accomplice's english
> teachers in Thailand and distribute (sold) in Korea to english
> teachers in night clubs. As soon I can get a hand in the names and
> pictures of these maggots, I going to put it all over the internet.

Maggots only eat dead tissue.

Incheon
PS: very nice! love them!

#61 Parent me - 2004-10-06
from obscene to illiterate

> 1FS

> Sun

glad to see your writing runs the full gamut from obscene to illiterate

#62 Parent me - 2004-10-06
so what?

> Big Hurrah for Sun.
> Worth of mentioning here that 9 english teachers
> (6 males, 3 females) were arrested last month in Joenju city
> for having a drug ring (business). So far not Korean have been
> implicated. The drugs were coming from their accomplice's english
> teachers in Thailand and distribute (sold) in Korea to english
> teachers in night clubs. As soon I can get a hand in the names and
> pictures of these maggots, I going to put it all over the internet.

Just because teaching English was their cover for the alleged drug-dealing (innocent until proven guilty a foreign concept here?) doesn't make them English teachers any more than your poor grammar makes you an example of the dedicated Korean learners of English that I have taught here in Seoul.

#63 Parent Sun - 2004-10-06
Thank you Ito and Mark

> I agree with you Sun. How this person can place this message with
> names of people and don't show his name or any detail of what
> happened there.

> Thank you Sun!

> Ito

Best!!

Sun

#64 Parent Sun - 2004-10-06
Write like a maggot and smell like a maggot

> Nice language

1FS

Sun

#65 Parent Mark - 2004-10-06
BEWARE OF MAGGOTS TEACHING ENGLISH

Big Hurrah for Sun.
Worth of mentioning here that 9 english teachers
(6 males, 3 females) were arrested last month in Joenju city
for having a drug ring (business). So far not Korean have been implicated. The drugs were coming from their accomplice's english teachers in Thailand and distribute (sold) in Korea to english
teachers in night clubs. As soon I can get a hand in the names and pictures of these maggots, I going to put it all over the internet.

#66 Parent Ito - 2004-10-05
reply to Sun

I agree with you Sun. How this person can place this message with names of people and don't show his name or any detail of what happened there.

Thank you Sun!

Ito

#67 Parent me - 2004-10-05
such a brilliant response

> You lying bastard!

> Sun

Nice language

#68 Parent Sun - 2004-10-05
Hidding your real name, e-mail -- no details

> The directors "Lee Hae Young" and "Heather
> Fairclough" of
> ONLY NATIVE ENGLISH in Suwon are very cunning. My advice-Give it a