TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › immigration question!!!
#1 Parent Hangul - 2004-06-18
Re: immigration question!!!

Hi there, stay where you are. If you decide to come to Korea, tell the truth always. What start bad always ends bad. I don't think your 3 year degree qualify anyway. If you decide to come to Korea and things go wrong cuz your diploma, don't blame Koreans, just look at the mirror to point fingers. best anyway.
PS just too bad that the teachers defenders here don't appear now to tell you, that lying or hiding details to Ko-immigration is bad.

> i heard a while ago that korean immigration doesn't bother to verify
> people's b.a.s.i hope this is true. i got my b.a through distance
> learning and if possible i would prefer if they didn't know about.it
> doesn't mention "distance' anywhere on the diploma!anybody know
> anything about this?it would sure help my mind!!!!

#2 Parent Kim - 2004-06-17
Re: immigration question!!!

Hi William. Never take Korean immigration for granted. If you are found working in Korea with a BA that does not qualify for an E2 visa, you will be deported. I've some experience with the kind of BA and diploma you have; most of these diplomas are obtained on a 3 years program, instead of a 4 year. There is no graduation ceremonies and the diplomas are very well made and mail to holders right after they finish their BA program (no waiting time for graduation as normal universities do). Also this kind of BA diplomas come with well-presented transcripts and a letter authorizing anyone to contact the university to confirm that the holder indeed finished his/her BA program at that university - these universities are also accreditated by funny associations. Most of these diplomas (when applying to teach in Korea) are BAs in education as the holder can just easy ask university to write that on it.

I do suggest you that you be ready to explain to any Korean consulate (if you are applying from abroad) all details of this diploma. They may reject it or who knows.

Anyway, do not take Koreans authorities for granted. They know what is going on at all times, just ask those many teachers deported or in Korea without a release letter from schools. The way Korean immig. handle teachers now, is by allowing them to drink and "smoke" all they want if they are fullfilling their contracts. If teachers get a bit stray, then they add the teacher's name to a blacklist/wanted list. Many teachers in Korea are in that blacklist without even know, pretending to be smart and cool.

Best to you.

PS nobody's fool.

wiliam - 2004-06-17
immigration question!!!

i heard a while ago that korean immigration doesn't bother to verify people's b.a.s.i hope this is true. i got my b.a through distance learning and if possible i would prefer if they didn't know about.it doesn't mention "distance' anywhere on the diploma!anybody know anything about this?it would sure help my mind!!!!

Return to Index › immigration question!!!

Go to another board -