TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Park English?
#1 Parent scott - 2008-07-03
Re: Park English?

How would you compare the services of Park English to Footprints recruiting? I was told that Park may be better because the ladies that own tha company are Korean? Does it really make any difference being you take a chance any where you go?

#2 Parent Manny - 2004-11-26
Park English

I went through Park English and had no problems. Also, I love my school and students and would highly recommend teaching in Korea.

As for the pay, you can save a lot or nothing- it all depends on your lifestyle.

I've heard of some horror stories of Korea, but its not as bad as it seems on the internet- which is the first thing that people do before coming over. Trust me, more people have positive experiences than bad.

I've met some other great teachers thru Park English Recruitment Agency and they seemed to be in a good situation too.

Good luck on your job search man!

#3 Parent Mike B - 2004-06-25

Boots, I see we have another point in common, (apart from the first name) I don't drink either!

Where in Korea are you headed? I will almost certainly be in Korea by August, sadly without my wife, but hopefully her and the kids will follow me over before too long.

Do have a job lined up yet, or are you going to find something once you're there? Is it your wife's first trip abroad? Hope all goes great for you guys and please keep us up to date here.

Cheers mate
Mike B.

#4 Parent boots43 - 2004-06-25

> Thanks for the input. Did you enjoy the experience overall? Easy to
> meet people to hang out with? I've heard some of the foreign teachers
> are pretty scuzzy so it may be harder to meet people. Are you
> teaching in China now? I would prefer to try Bangkok but it sounds
> like things are much tougher financially.

My wife, who is Chinese, and I (American) will be teaching again in Korea when I get there next month. Before, when I taught there, it was prior to meeting my wife, so I didn't enjoy the experience as much as I will this time. South Korea pretty much allows you to determine how good your experience will be.

As always, the quality(or lack therof) of the school plays a major part.

#5 Parent Indomitable Dr. Wu - 2004-06-25

> I saved about 800 dollars a month when I was there- I don't drink so
> for drinkers savings might be less.

Thanks for the input. Did you enjoy the experience overall? Easy to meet people to hang out with? I've heard some of the foreign teachers are pretty scuzzy so it may be harder to meet people. Are you teaching in China now? I would prefer to try Bangkok but it sounds like things are much tougher financially.

#6 Parent boots43 - 2004-06-25

> Does anybody know if Park English (parkenglish.com, not surprisingly)
> is legit? They make it sound like South Korea is paradise and you can
> save a thousand dollars a month. I am quite dubious but would love it
> to be true. I have friends who taught ESL in Bangkok and made exactly
> what they needed to get by- no savings there!

I saved about 800 dollars a month when I was there- I don't drink so for drinkers savings might be less.

Indomitable Dr. Wu - 2004-06-25
Park English?

Does anybody know if Park English (parkenglish.com, not surprisingly) is legit? They make it sound like South Korea is paradise and you can save a thousand dollars a month. I am quite dubious but would love it to be true. I have friends who taught ESL in Bangkok and made exactly what they needed to get by- no savings there!

Return to Index › Park English?

Go to another board -