TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Pusan Nat'l U area in Busan Info?
Mike - 2004-07-07
In response to Pusan Nat'l U area in Busan Info? (New Gal)

Hi, My name is Mike and I live near PNU. From a guys perspective, its a cool place to live. Quite a few people I know live there and it is a popular for it's night life. Good places to eat and bars to go out to. Many teachers live in the area becasue there are many schools near there. Good place to be if you want to pick up extra part times as well as it is one of the two central areas to be based out of.

Good access to subways and buses. Many hopsitals and doctors nearby, good shoping and markets. Not a quiet city by any means, but fun with many younger Koreans. Accomidations however, watch out, some can be great in the area and some can be really old, you really need something at least 14-16 pyung (this is a small one-room studio). Also if it is in an office Tel, remember you will have to pay about 150,000-200,000 a month for basics (not including phone or cable), compared to a normal apartment which will run you about 50,000-70,000 a month for basics.

As far as recruiters to trust, don't trust any, they are in it to make money and placing you is how they make money, most I deal with here in Korea are good for part times but full times I like to talk to the school directly and also talk to a native teacher who is teaching there. Remember, once you are placed in a f/t job the recruiter is out of the loop and has been paid so try to work with the school directly for info. I am sure there are great ones out there, I just haven't met any after working with quite a few this past year in Pusan. Sorry couldn't be of more help in this area.

Anyway if you have any other questions, just e-mail or post. Hope this helps.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Pusan Nat'l U area in Busan Info? -- New Gal -- 2004-07-07
Re: Pusan Nat'l U area in Busan Info? -- Mike -- 2004-07-07
Re: Pusan Nat'l U area in Busan Info? -- li -- 2004-07-07
Re: Pusan Nat'l U area in Busan Info? -- New Gal -- 2004-07-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Pusan Nat'l U area in Busan Info?

Go to another board -