TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Looking for a job
#1 Parent Gary Jia la bi - 2005-01-09
Racist schools

> Provide us with the names of the schools that hire only people with
> blond hair and blue eyes. They are racists, too.

If all of us had about 500 years to spare out of our busy schedules ,we might just have enough time to compile a list of racist schools in China!! How much writing space is there on this website?

Now let me start ......There's that school in the North................and then,there's......

#2 Parent esl in asia - 2005-01-08
Thanks for the encouragement

#3 Parent esl in asia - 2005-01-08
That's a good idea festus

#4 Parent An Inquiring Mind - 2005-01-08
Ooops!

> Im of mixed race and dont fit the desired blond hair and blue eyes
> some schools in Asia look for. Unfortunately, this board is full of
> some real racists and bigots at the moment and I dont want you to
> get discouraged reading some of these posts. You can find a school
> that is enlightened and will hire you on your merits.

> In fact, look at it this way, all those teachers that got their job
> because of looks, are NOT real teachers. You are a real teacher and
> when you find a good school, you can hold your head up high knowing
> that you were selected by your merits and not looks.

> Keep trying and dont give up!! >\-| >\-|

Please, esl I forgot.

Provide us with the names of the schools that hire only people with blond hair and blue eyes. They are racists, too.

Maybe you can blow up these schools?

Thank you esl.

#5 Parent An Inquiring Mind - 2005-01-08
Who Are They?

> Im of mixed race and dont fit the desired blond hair and blue eyes
> some schools in Asia look for. Unfortunately, this board is full of
> some real racists and bigots at the moment and I dont want you to
> get discouraged reading some of these posts. You can find a school
> that is enlightened and will hire you on your merits.

Please esl, post the names of the racists and bigots so that we may purge them from our board.

Thank you.

You are someone I really look up to...........

Keep up the good work.

#6 Parent esl in asia - 2005-01-08
you are just as good!!!

You are just as good. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise. At my school, we have a woman from the Philippines that teaches English to children...and she is very good.

Im of mixed race and dont fit the desired blond hair and blue eyes some schools in Asia look for. Unfortunately, this board is full of some real racists and bigots at the moment and I dont want you to get discouraged reading some of these posts. You can find a school that is enlightened and will hire you on your merits.

In fact, look at it this way, all those teachers that got their job because of looks, are NOT real teachers. You are a real teacher and when you find a good school, you can hold your head up high knowing that you were selected by your merits and not looks.

Keep trying and dont give up!! >\-| >\-|

#7 Parent Njina Grant - 2005-01-08
equal opportunity

Hello my name is Njina Grant.I am from Jamaica and I would consider myself to be a native English speaker. I am in the process of completing my B.A. in Literatures of English by July 2005 Although i am not considered a native english speaker[ i don't know why because it is the only language i've known] I would like to know if i am qualified to seek for jobs. Would you be so kind also to inform me of the qualifications I need in order to apply for a job. Seeking information in this area i have found that other non native speakers have found jobs teaching abroad. I have the full confidence that i am capable and suitable as any other native english speaker of doing an exemplary job of imparting my knowledge of English. I think it is unfair to limit whom they consider to be native english speakers. I believe that if you have a degree in education or english and a high score in your TEFL that you are just as suitable as any other regardless of the fact that you are a non native seaker, you should have equal opportunity. Native speakers are not the only people who speak and write excellent and fluent english. We little countries have mastered that also.Thank you

#8 Parent newbie sensei - 2004-08-13
Re: Looking for a job

Hi Joy!

I'm a non-native speaker of English. To be honest with you, I've been doing my job hunting online for China, but nothing has worked out since most schools would like to hire native speakers. I suggest you try Japan. If you could go there yourself to attend personal interviews, you might get the job. They gauge their hiring mostly on personality. I got three jobs at the same time while I was there.

Best of luck to you!

#9 Parent Kim - 2004-07-08

> How much chance do a non-native english speaker have if they want to
> apply in Korea/Japan/China

In Korea none legally. Korea only issues E2 visas to citizens (passport)of 7 English speaking countries. Also there is a bunch of English teachers in Korea looking for jobs full, part time, etc. All of them are native speakers.

Don't know Japan.

Best,

Kim

#10 Parent CAPWISE CONSULTING Canada - 2004-07-08

> How much chance do a non-native english speaker have if they want to
> apply in Korea/Japan/China

If u do *look* like westerner, and speak flawless English. Sure you will have a job.

My company offer jobs in Nanjing China. check out our website: http://capwise.sytes.net

Joy - 2004-07-08
Looking for a job

How much chance do a non-native english speaker have if they want to apply in Korea/Japan/China

Return to Index › Looking for a job

Go to another board -