TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Vietnam help needed...certification?
#1 Parent Huy - 2004-07-18
Re: Vietnam help needed...certification?

if you're white you MIGHT get away with it. my impressions of vietnam so far is that they have HIGH qualifications and pay very little. compared to most countries but then it's probably based on the salary of the locals. ie. Taiwan its easy to make about $2500 Canadian a month on a full time job, but in vietnam the norm seems to be something along the lines of $1200US a month is a HIGH estimate. which is roughly $1700 CAN right now with the current exchange. I know of a guy there making $10-11 US an hour after two years there and he hasnt finished his degree yet, something like 2 years left on his degree. dont know if he has tesol or anything like that. But cost if living is cheap. I really dont know what rent runs but food is really cheap. I dont know how much bias they are towards asians. so it's really up in the air, I havent heard alot of things from people in vietnam but I myself really want to go.

> Does anyone know if it is possible to get a job without
> CELTA/TEFL/TESOL or other teaching certifications? I want to teach in
> Vietnam. I have esl experience but no certifications. I have been
> looking for information but haven't found anything useful.

> Does anyone know if it is a government regulation to have a
> certification? I found a page that says it is but haven't found
> anything else.

> If not, does anyone know of a good site to find out information about
> teaching esl in Vietnam?

> Thanks,
> ft

frustrated teacher - 2004-07-10
Vietnam help needed...certification?

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a job without CELTA/TEFL/TESOL or other teaching certifications? I want to teach in Vietnam. I have esl experience but no certifications. I have been looking for information but haven't found anything useful.

Does anyone know if it is a government regulation to have a certification? I found a page that says it is but haven't found anything else.

If not, does anyone know of a good site to find out information about teaching esl in Vietnam?

Thanks,
ft

Return to Index › Vietnam help needed...certification?

Go to another board -