TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › working for rolls royce in china - advice, anyone?
#1 Parent Jenny - 2004-11-10
Don't do it Craig!

I wouldn't bother you know..... you don't know who you'll be stuck with, plus you have to have patience to be a good teacher. Ciao!

#2 Parent Chunping Alex Wu - 2004-07-27
Re: working for rolls royce in china - advice, anyone?

Hi, Craig, DoS, Tony:
I envy you to have worked with a job that I am quite familiar with. I had a very good background in airborne engines, yet, I couldn't get a job like that. If there was anything I don't like is that they ripped you quite a bit. As I know, in the technical field, global investors paid lot more than that the ESL teachers got. Have you been trained by that company? May I have your company's email address?
Alex

#3 Parent DoS - 2004-06-13

...and my advice is come here and try it. As long as you are prepared, then it *will* be an experience you will never forget. If you need any specific advice please feel free to e-mail me!

#4 Parent Tony - 2004-06-13

My advice to you would be to stay in England mate.

I cannot remember the exact exchange rate, but you should be looking at between 3,800 - 4,500 RMB (around maybe 350 - 420 pounds) for 16 classes a week. You should also get a one way cost of your airticket reimbursed for a 6 month contract, plus other benefits. Your electricity/gas/water and telephone should be free although toll calls are at your expense. If you have a good Uni/school/college they will also supply you with a PC with internet access for free.
What city is the job in ?

craig - 2004-06-12
working for rolls royce in china - advice, anyone?

i am being considered for a position as a language assistant working for rolls royce at a civil aviation college in china along with 11 other students who have just completed our degrees. the wage is 250 per month.

having read through some of your posts about life working in chinese school colleges and universities, it is not sounding as exciting a prospect as i first thought.

has anyone worked in a civil aviation college in china? will the students be more motivated than in other colleges? can anyone offer me any insight into my 6 months here if i get accepted for the job?

many thanks,

craig nunn
university of derby, UK

Return to Index › working for rolls royce in china - advice, anyone?

Go to another board -