TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › How to get a job as a English teacher in Korea.
#1 Parent Kim - 2004-07-29
Re: How to get a job as a English teacher in Korea.

> Oxford University graduated seeking work in Korea.

> What is the first thing I should do?

> Thank you for the replies.

> T. Smith

1- Open-Minded...
2- It's not a glamorus job as many seem to think. Just another Job
3- not being too greedy and accept jobs anywhere away from the big cities. Beware of jobs too good to be true... The small and new schools bait: One-shift, higher salary. Stay away from this high salary, one-shift thing, most of the time you'll end it up with bad-students-nobody-want, schools controlled by parents, and not one-shift or pay at all.......... Look for less salary with larger, longer and well established schools. Just check any ESL forum and you'll see hundreds of teachers complaining after they made the mistake to take this kind of jobs because their GREED. Funny thing is seeing them applying again for the same bad-jobs. I believe the main reason many teachers drink alot is because their bad choice of jobs with students-administration driving them crazy. Greed=Kills.
4- put your resume online in as many ESL sites you can find. Also, contact as many recruiters and schools

Most important thing
--------------------
****Respect yourself at all times and always convey that you respect the other person. Does not matter if other teachers behave, dress improperly. You always act professionally at all times.

#2 Parent teachteachteach - 2004-07-29
Re: How to get a job as a English teacher in Korea.

> Oxford University graduated seeking work in Korea.

> What is the first thing I should do?

> Thank you for the replies.

> T. Smith

The first thing is to search for jobs over the internet. Good Luck

T. Smith - 2004-07-29
How to get a job as a English teacher in Korea.

Oxford University graduated seeking work in Korea.

What is the first thing I should do?

Thank you for the replies.

T. Smith

Return to Index › How to get a job as a English teacher in Korea.

Go to another board -