TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Getting your diploma notarized in Taiwan for a Korean ESL job?
Kim Y. - 2004-08-02

> Hi, my name is Alec. I'm currently working in Taiwan. I got a job
> offer in Korea. My Korean employer asked me to have my diploma
> notarized in the Korean Embassy in Taiwan (Korean Mission in Taipei).
> So I called the embassy office and check for the detail. The
> secretary (or receptionist) told me that they are not authorized to
> do that in Taiwan. I need to send my diploma to the Korean embassy in
> Canada to get it notarized, because I graduated in Canada! While I
> was talking to the operator, she doesn't seem to understand my need
> at all (very broken English). But I find it rather weird and stupid
> that I have to send my diploma back to Canada to process it. Cause
> foreigners in Korea go to Japan or Hong Kong for their visa runs. In
> my case, I'm like doing a visa run, except that I'm doing it in
> Taiwan, and I was told I can't do that. Please let me know what I
> should do. Thank you.

Hello Alec. Here is my suggestion to you. If you trust the school where you are going in Korea. Courier them your original diploma, Korean immigration accepts originals. Here is what the school needs to apply/buy an E2 as far as I know: a- a clear, photocopy of your passport page b- your original diploma or notarized copy c- your resume. Very important, get the courier track # to know at all times where your package is going. A lot safer to follow this process than to send your original diploma to the Korean Embassy in Canada and risk losing it in a mountain of papers or delayed. As for the Korean consulate abroad like TW, of course
they probably speak broken English, Koreans there most probably speak Chinese. I also suggest you check more the school where you are going. How come they do not explained all this to you if they have experience bringing other foreign teachers to Korea. Any good school will make all these small details very easy and simple to you. Speak with more than one teacher at that school. If you do not trust the school enough to send them your original diploma, then look for other school.

Best,

Kim

Messages In This Thread
Getting your diploma notarized in Taiwan for a Korean ESL job? -- Alec Ng -- 2004-08-02
Re: Getting your diploma notarized in Taiwan for a Korean ESL job? -- Kim Y. -- 2004-08-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Getting your diploma notarized in Taiwan for a Korean ESL job?

Go to another board -