TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Lingo School Takamatsu Japan
#1 Parent newbie sensei - 2004-08-03
Re: Lingo School Takamatsu Japan

R. Martin, perhaps this will help you:

To all concerned English Teachers present & future:

I am presently in the middle of designing a web site that will serve only as a guide for present English teachers & future English Teachers as well. I would like to compile a list of both the best English Schools to work for as well as the worst schools to work for starting with the year 2004.

However,I would like some ideas as to how do you think that each school should be graded?. Should be graded on a 5 star basis, 5 stars showing the best & 1 star for the worst?. I would like to hear your opinions.
If you have any solid proof that a school is the worst to work for, please supply me with all of validated proof & explain clearly why you think it is the worst. If you think a school is the best to work for, please do the same & explain why you think that it is the best school to work for.

Now my reasons for doing this is because throughout my 10-years of teaching I have worked for 2 really horriable English Schools that if I would have had any idea they were like that,I would not have even sent my resume to them in the first place.

One of the companies even went as far as to try to run me & my 11-year old son over with their van. This company still in fact owes me about 600,000 yen. Going to Labor Relations,etc did nothing. This company did the same exact thing to 7 other foreign English Teachers. When I am finished with the site, this company's name, address,etc will be known. Anyway,if I would have known, I would not have sent my resume to them.
I think that by having the courage to design such a web site, perhaps will serve as a safe guideline for both the teachers & even the potential students themselves. So if you have any ideas at all regarding how to rate each school for both catagories best & worst, please do let me know.

Sincerely Yours,
J.C.

Jim Baker
E-mail:
kuma4523@ybb.ne.jp
Homepage:
http://www.geocities.com/kuma_bear_49930

Return to Index › Re: Lingo School Takamatsu Japan

Go to another board -