TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Translation software
whiteman - 2004-08-04

A software that I recently got hold of was supposed to translate English to Chinese. The translation into Chinese was so bad that I decided to have it translated back into English. Guess what? The result turned out to be a joke (Chinglish) it's a product from www.transtar.com.cn

Here's an example

My Darkness (Original work by Linda Reitz)

I walk alone through a trench of death. Darkness swallows my body and soul. The lonely silence scratched my brain and I feel as though shards of broken glass are digging into my flesh. The black air deceives my vision, yet I still carelessly wander through this never-ending world of pain. My body is being eaten alive by my sorry-inside and out. After what seems like an eternity of darkness, a dim light of hope appears at the end of my path. As I begin to run towards the steadily growing light, I abruptly run into a solid, transparent wall. I struggle to find a way around it as I notice my diminishing opportunity, but it is firmly grounded. The light disappears, the wall vanishes, and I am alone and surrounded by the empty darkness once again.

Here's what happened after translation from the above to Chinese and back to English

I is dark? (Linda Reitz)

I go to alone a trench that crosses death. It is dark to swallow my body and soul. Lonely mourn in silence to grab my the brain feel the scrap of the glass that seems to break with me to dig into my meat. Black air deceives my vision, my still careless general idea wonders however to cross the durable world of this pain that not ceased. My body quilt my regretful inside eats work and. When the what picture seemed dark a kind of eternal the same after, the smooth appearance of the fuzzy a thread of hope when my route finishes. At that time my dynasty is increased and smooth steadily to begin to run , I bump against a kind of solid and transparent wall suddenly. When I notice my opportunity of reducing , I fight around it to find a kind of way, but it is ground firmly. Light disappears , wall disappears , and I am lonely and arrive again one time, is empty and dark to surround.

Messages In This Thread
Translation software -- whiteman -- 2004-08-04
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Translation software

Go to another board -