TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
· Previous · Next Return to Index › A FAREWELL TO THE HOSTILITY AMONG US
Ellis E. Seamone - 2004-08-05

You know ... I, for one, am sick and tired of all the suspicions, accusations, and name-calling that transpires on the teachers boards whenever one who has been duped bares his or her repulsion for the unsavory acts committed by a certain school or agency ... particularly one located in CHINA or KOREA. Even a so-called "whiner" deserves at least a smidgeon of respect and admiration for taking the trouble to warn his or her ESL colleagues of the nefarious attitudes and deeds of those in whom they might be likely to place their trust. Regrettably, it's true that even I, "The Preacher," have gotten entangled in this myriad of hostility, albeit I have at least attempted to be as objective as possible, even in the wake of my personal resentment for some of the posts on the boards of late.

Here's the thick and the thin of it: We are all brothers and sisters in the same cause -- the advancement of international communication. Ergo, we must ACT like colleagues, not competitors. Granted, some of us are less capable than others, though, even they deserve to at least be heard. Yet, if you cannot bear reading the inconsequential yammering of others whom you might consider "not professionally up to par," there is always that blessed ERASE KEY so readily available!

Peace to all.

· Previous · Next Return to Index › A FAREWELL TO THE HOSTILITY AMONG US

Go to another board -